Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Admiral_ZeWulf

why is this allowed?

36 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
29 posts
4,267 battles

so, I KNOW a lot of people dislike Asashio, but I don't. I have a lot of fun in her, even when I don't get great MM spreads in it.

but seriously, whenever I play her, if I even hit a Battleship player, instant report. 

 

but on another note I had a game abit ago, just about 4:40, where I loaded into a t10 game in Asashio. 2 enemy BBs, 3 friendly. I of course was abit bummed at the lack of targets for my fish (who wouldn't be), and commented about it in team chat. my exact words were "only 2 BBs? this is no fun." several of my teammates immediately began to insult me, oe even throwing out a slur bout how "its my fault for buying Asashio at all". another, a member of WG-CC (I will not say a name so as not to violate any rules) told me to cap and fight DDs. my immediate response was, "do you even know how Asashios weapons work? my torps cant hit DDs and my guns have an 8 sec reload. the longest reload they have is 4.5 seconds". 

went to say in chat, "whatever, ill just do what I can, what happens happens", and got this message: "You have been suspended from sending chat messages until 08,06,2018 4:41. Reason Ban from Complaint"

 

in Three years playing this game, I have had many arguments with players, and admittedly even got into a swear-off with another guy when he decided to insult my veteran great grandfather, and have never been "benned for complaint". Een on Reddit there isn't a mention of this happening. so, the only thing I can think of is either A) the new penalty system auto bans after 1 complaint, or B) (and this is the one I feel is most likely) the CC player on my team didn't like that I was slightly annoyed at the MM in a DD that could, potentially, sink their BB, and so chat banned me.

 

I know its highly unlikely, but if this IS the case, how is this kind of abuse of power allowed? my Karma score has gone from 28 to 32 the last week. up. not down, and ive been incredibly generous with patience, even holding back from yelling at a teammate who teamkilled me in his Shima "Because he could". so, I just cant see any way to have gotten any "Strikes" prior to this, especially seeing as outside a private chat room in port, I don't use the ingame chat except to compliment a player on a good shot.

 

regardless. if anyone has an idea what happened, id be appreciative to hear your opinions. it just simply makes no sense to me.

  • Funny 2
  • Bad 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
236
[ARP2]
Supertester
466 posts
4,275 battles

Even I have div'd with a friend who told me to report Asashio players regardless of what they do. It's really harsh, I understand.

Would be amazing if the game could detect people's ill intentions and ban them instead :D

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
112
[WOLF2]
Members
283 posts
5,673 battles

asashio has 5.4 concealment correct?  Why didn't you go for caps, spot/harass dds?  I've seen some well played asashio's that did just that, and not skirt the map launching torps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
367
[WOLF9]
Members
1,036 posts
4,594 battles

I could be wrong, but I don't think a CC has the power to give you a chat ban. They are not employees of WG nor are they mods. And I don't think you can receive a chat ban in the middle of a match.

As far as I know, the only thing the in-game compliment/report system does is raise and lower your Karma score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,683 posts
7,756 battles

Thing to do is to screen cap when people say something in chat which implies they will report you just for playing that ship, and send it to WG if you get reported.

I mean, I don’t know how WG can let us report chat abuse (which needs to be) without also letting people abuse the system. The best we can do as players is try to watch for the abusers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
390
[TMS]
Members
2,258 posts
23,961 battles
6 minutes ago, LCPL4ever said:

asashio has 5.4 concealment correct?  Why didn't you go for caps, spot/harass dds?  I've seen some well played asashio's that did just that, and not skirt the map launching torps.

Because the guns are still crap and he can get torped by other DDs while not being able to torp back.

I knife fight them no problem in my shima and they cant outrun me.

Edited by Final8ty
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
29 posts
4,267 battles

that's what I did the rest of that game. I screened for spotting and tried to cap. up until I got deleted by a pair of Khabarovsks and a Gearing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
400 posts
6,454 battles
31 minutes ago, Grand_Admiral_ZeWulf said:

so, I KNOW a lot of people dislike Asashio, but I don't. I have a lot of fun in her, even when I don't get great MM spreads in it.

but seriously, whenever I play her, if I even hit a Battleship player, instant report. 

 

but on another note I had a game abit ago, just about 4:40, where I loaded into a t10 game in Asashio. 2 enemy BBs, 3 friendly. I of course was abit bummed at the lack of targets for my fish (who wouldn't be), and commented about it in team chat. my exact words were "only 2 BBs? this is no fun." several of my teammates immediately began to insult me, oe even throwing out a slur bout how "its my fault for buying Asashio at all". another, a member of WG-CC (I will not say a name so as not to violate any rules) told me to cap and fight DDs. my immediate response was, "do you even know how Asashios weapons work? my torps cant hit DDs and my guns have an 8 sec reload. the longest reload they have is 4.5 seconds". 

went to say in chat, "whatever, ill just do what I can, what happens happens", and got this message: "You have been suspended from sending chat messages until 08,06,2018 4:41. Reason Ban from Complaint"

 

in Three years playing this game, I have had many arguments with players, and admittedly even got into a swear-off with another guy when he decided to insult my veteran great grandfather, and have never been "benned for complaint". Een on Reddit there isn't a mention of this happening. so, the only thing I can think of is either A) the new penalty system auto bans after 1 complaint, or B) (and this is the one I feel is most likely) the CC player on my team didn't like that I was slightly annoyed at the MM in a DD that could, potentially, sink their BB, and so chat banned me.

 

I know its highly unlikely, but if this IS the case, how is this kind of abuse of power allowed? my Karma score has gone from 28 to 32 the last week. up. not down, and ive been incredibly generous with patience, even holding back from yelling at a teammate who teamkilled me in his Shima "Because he could". so, I just cant see any way to have gotten any "Strikes" prior to this, especially seeing as outside a private chat room in port, I don't use the ingame chat except to compliment a player on a good shot.

 

regardless. if anyone has an idea what happened, id be appreciative to hear your opinions. it just simply makes no sense to me.

I do not like the ship but would never report someone for just using it. That is chicken $hit.  The ship is useless in early capping. They can cap in the end I guess if the game is still undecided, but early capping and DD knife fight sometime decide a game early and the ship is no good in that regards. IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
444
[YAN]
Members
1,648 posts
7,949 battles

This isn't surprising, you played the most hated ship I can think of in the game.

  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,359
[HYDRO]
Members
2,679 posts
4,438 battles

I think there is a certain threshold of reports to get you chatbanned. So if you got for a series of battles reported for misbehavior in chat or anything else, soon enough you will get the ban. Iirc the more chatbans you get, the less reports are needed for the next one. I'm sorry, but I think not saying anything is probably a better option in this case.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
189
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,456 posts
8,158 battles
36 minutes ago, Grand_Admiral_ZeWulf said:

so, I KNOW a lot of people dislike Asashio, but I don't. I have a lot of fun in her, even when I don't get great MM spreads in it.

but seriously, whenever I play her, if I even hit a Battleship player, instant report. 

 

but on another note I had a game abit ago, just about 4:40, where I loaded into a t10 game in Asashio. 2 enemy BBs, 3 friendly. I of course was abit bummed at the lack of targets for my fish (who wouldn't be), and commented about it in team chat. my exact words were "only 2 BBs? this is no fun." several of my teammates immediately began to insult me, oe even throwing out a slur bout how "its my fault for buying Asashio at all". another, a member of WG-CC (I will not say a name so as not to violate any rules) told me to cap and fight DDs. my immediate response was, "do you even know how Asashios weapons work? my torps cant hit DDs and my guns have an 8 sec reload. the longest reload they have is 4.5 seconds". 

went to say in chat, "whatever, ill just do what I can, what happens happens", and got this message: "You have been suspended from sending chat messages until 08,06,2018 4:41. Reason Ban from Complaint"

 

in Three years playing this game, I have had many arguments with players, and admittedly even got into a swear-off with another guy when he decided to insult my veteran great grandfather, and have never been "benned for complaint". Een on Reddit there isn't a mention of this happening. so, the only thing I can think of is either A) the new penalty system auto bans after 1 complaint, or B) (and this is the one I feel is most likely) the CC player on my team didn't like that I was slightly annoyed at the MM in a DD that could, potentially, sink their BB, and so chat banned me.

 

I know its highly unlikely, but if this IS the case, how is this kind of abuse of power allowed? my Karma score has gone from 28 to 32 the last week. up. not down, and ive been incredibly generous with patience, even holding back from yelling at a teammate who teamkilled me in his Shima "Because he could". so, I just cant see any way to have gotten any "Strikes" prior to this, especially seeing as outside a private chat room in port, I don't use the ingame chat except to compliment a player on a good shot.

 

regardless. if anyone has an idea what happened, id be appreciative to hear your opinions. it just simply makes no sense to me.

LOL, I have had them chat bans. Chat bans aren't new. Probably whole team reported you and you got the unfair chat ban. Just need to
either deal with it or send in a support ticket pleading your case. I actually had an erroneous perma chat ban overturned in my favour
my moons ago now.  

Yeah system sucks, but it is what it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
623
[VW]
Members
2,394 posts
14,143 battles

that's what you get when you have a report system whose only consequence is chat ban. they should get rid of reports completely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Community Department
2,514 posts
680 battles
1 hour ago, Grand_Admiral_ZeWulf said:
Spoiler

 

so, I KNOW a lot of people dislike Asashio, but I don't. I have a lot of fun in her, even when I don't get great MM spreads in it.

but seriously, whenever I play her, if I even hit a Battleship player, instant report. 

 

but on another note I had a game abit ago, just about 4:40, where I loaded into a t10 game in Asashio. 2 enemy BBs, 3 friendly. I of course was abit bummed at the lack of targets for my fish (who wouldn't be), and commented about it in team chat. my exact words were "only 2 BBs? this is no fun." several of my teammates immediately began to insult me, oe even throwing out a slur bout how "its my fault for buying Asashio at all". another, a member of WG-CC (I will not say a name so as not to violate any rules) told me to cap and fight DDs. my immediate response was, "do you even know how Asashios weapons work? my torps cant hit DDs and my guns have an 8 sec reload. the longest reload they have is 4.5 seconds". 

went to say in chat, "whatever, ill just do what I can, what happens happens", and got this message: "You have been suspended from sending chat messages until 08,06,2018 4:41. Reason Ban from Complaint"

 

in Three years playing this game, I have had many arguments with players, and admittedly even got into a swear-off with another guy when he decided to insult my veteran great grandfather, and have never been "benned for complaint". Een on Reddit there isn't a mention of this happening. so, the only thing I can think of is either A) the new penalty system auto bans after 1 complaint, or B) (and this is the one I feel is most likely) the CC player on my team didn't like that I was slightly annoyed at the MM in a DD that could, potentially, sink their BB, and so chat banned me.

 

I know its highly unlikely, but if this IS the case, how is this kind of abuse of power allowed? my Karma score has gone from 28 to 32 the last week. up. not down, and ive been incredibly generous with patience, even holding back from yelling at a teammate who teamkilled me in his Shima "Because he could". so, I just cant see any way to have gotten any "Strikes" prior to this, especially seeing as outside a private chat room in port, I don't use the ingame chat except to compliment a player on a good shot.

 

regardless. if anyone has an idea what happened, id be appreciative to hear your opinions. it just simply makes no sense to me.

 

 

HI, give some time and I'll check everything out. 

Updated:

Sorry, but the folk, who complayed on you was right. There were profanities and inappropriate language in your logs. Can't do anything with your ban.
Please go easy with your teammates. This is a game, we come here to have some positive emotions, even if smth goes wrong, just hold on.
 What about situations with tier X. You may troll your enemy with all possible weaponry forcing to do mistakes. Even one can turn the early tide of the battle. 

  • Cool 8
  • Funny 7
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
731
[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
1 hour ago, turbo07 said:

HI, give some time and I'll check everything out. 

Updated:

Sorry, but the folk, who complayed on you was right. There were profanities and inappropriate language in your logs. Can't do anything with your ban.
Please go easy with your teammates. This is a game, we come here to have some positive emotions, even if smth goes wrong, just hold on.
 What about situations with tier X. You may troll your enemy with all possible weaponry forcing to do mistakes. Even one can turn the early tide of the battle. 

It's Asashio's fault... it's the CC's fault. Oh wait- it's the OP's fault! 

Goes to show if you act out and get smacked for it, just do the time and take responsibility for you actions. 

Thanks to Turbo for setting this straight.

 

Edited by Gascan75
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,411 posts
8,138 battles

Settings aside saying stuff in chat that will make people want to report you, people will report you for just playing a certain ship or ship type.  see it all the time with CVs, and premiums like the belfast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
967
[SYN]
Members
3,341 posts
15,869 battles
2 hours ago, Buzzardsluck said:

 The ship is useless in early capping. They can cap in the end I guess if the game is still undecided, but early capping and DD knife fight sometime decide a game early and the ship is no good in that regards. IMO

No the ship is anything but useless early game in cap.

While the guns have a low rate of fire they have very decent alpha and you can reliably get in a couple of salvos before the enemy DD can retaliate.  Then you smoke, run until you have stealth back and resume spotting them for your team. If you time your turns right you can repeat the process and run back into your smoke again.

Without firing guns you can pretty much keep any DD permanently spotted which will cause them in most cases to retreat.  Shima/Kag are harder as the detection is similar in which case you make sure you have support before scouting the cap.

Most games I will get 10-20k gun damage in the Asashio.

 

As for OP - People love to hate the ship so if you give them a reason in chat to get upset they will.

Edited by Camo68

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,207
[YORHA]
Members
3,973 posts
6,880 battles
2 hours ago, Akeno017 said:

This isn't surprising, you played the most hated ship I can think of in the game.

Conqueror waves a sad hello...

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
827
Beta Testers
4,292 posts

Play Conqueror, Asashio, Mikhail Kutuzov: enemy team reports you automatically for playing a ship they hate going up against ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,087 posts
3,415 battles
2 hours ago, Akeno017 said:

This isn't surprising, you played the most hated ship I can think of in the game.

 

9 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Conqueror waves a sad hello...

 

Another chapter in the everlasting Fat Cat vs DD Mafia power stuggle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,795
Alpha Tester
7,113 posts
3,722 battles

I still have yet to find the ship OP. Mostcof the time it does very little or only sinks your typical BB captain that isn't the brightest crayon in th3 box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MOOW]
Members
276 posts
16,917 battles

I personally do not find the asashio a threat at all.  And i play bbs a lot.  How ever reporting a player for just playing a ship is idiotic and childish.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
384
[WOLF2]
Members
1,235 posts
8,474 battles
2 hours ago, turbo07 said:

HI, give some time and I'll check everything out. 

Updated:

Sorry, but the folk, who complayed on you was right. There were profanities and inappropriate language in your logs. Can't do anything with your ban.
Please go easy with your teammates. This is a game, we come here to have some positive emotions, even if smth goes wrong, just hold on.
 What about situations with tier X. You may troll your enemy with all possible weaponry forcing to do mistakes. Even one can turn the early tide of the battle. 

I figured we were getting half the story.   Chalk up another #NotReallyAVictim post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
411 posts
2 hours ago, turbo07 said:

HI, give some time and I'll check everything out. 

Updated:

Sorry, but the folk, who complayed on you was right. There were profanities and inappropriate language in your logs. Can't do anything with your ban.
Please go easy with your teammates. This is a game, we come here to have some positive emotions, even if smth goes wrong, just hold on.
 What about situations with tier X. You may troll your enemy with all possible weaponry forcing to do mistakes. Even one can turn the early tide of the battle. 

giphy.gif

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
591
[WNSTN]
Members
2,708 posts
16,303 battles

Wait a minute...

Are you saying the OP didn't give the whole story in order to put himself in a better light??

That never happens.

Edited by sbcptnitro
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35
[BUNNY]
Members
236 posts
8,683 battles

I play my Asashio like a regular DD. I have even had reasonable success brawling other DD's. The mode I have had the most success in is Epicenter as area denial and spotting. Which is funny really because I hate Epicenter. I did get some grief once in chat from a team mate complaining that I wasn't playing right in his opinion when another team mate explained that area denial and capping was the best thing i could be doing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×