You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NarcoIeptic

Dear Wargaming...

30 comments in this topic

[DOW]
Members
16 posts
4,734 battles

Please...  reward capping more.  3 solo caps and an assist.  Come on.  There are only 3 cap points.  I won the game for my team.  Little reward might be nice.

1.png

2.png

Edited by NarcoIeptic
  • Cool 5

[POP]
Members
964 posts
11,201 battles

If you have a good game in a DD, but your damage totals are low, you get low scores.

You have to remind yourself to get those damage totals up if you already have the game won.

Community Department
2,514 posts
680 battles
2 hours ago, NarcoIeptic said:
Spoiler

Please...  reward capping more.  3 solo caps and an assist.  Come on.  There are only 3 cap points.  I won the game for my team.  Little reward might be nice.

1.png

2.png

Three caps in one battle is a cool result. But we don't want to concentrate our gameplay only on caps, so I can't oblige you. A unique rewarding is highly unlikely.  

• Bad 7

[-K-]
Members
6,011 posts
10,144 battles
5 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

Three caps in one battle is a cool result. But we don't want to concentrate our gameplay only on caps, so I can't oblige you. A unique rewarding is highly unlikely.  

Wait, isn't that the sole point of Domination mode?  

A effective and successful DD doesn't need a high damage total to be effective.  Capping and spotting for your team should be equally rewarding as damage dealt.

• Cool 7

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,456 posts
8,158 battles

Your reward is winning the battle. Be happy with a win. Next you be wanting a gold Rolex embossed with diamonds.

• Bad 3

[CAST]
Members
1,484 posts
7,924 battles

There is nothing wrong with that reward for a really good game.  A higher damage total along with it would result in a great game.  If the damage totals were mostly on DDs, then the rewards would be much higher as well.  If you had only gotten the damage without the caps, your XP total would be much lower. 

• Cool 1

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
560 posts
12,313 battles
28 minutes ago, Crusin_Custard said:

Your reward is winning the battle. Be happy with a win. Next you be wanting a gold Rolex embossed with diamonds.

supercontainers appear to have gotten FAR better! ty wg!

• Funny 1

Members
636 posts
7,580 battles
29 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Wait, isn't that the sole point of Domination mode?  

A effective and successful DD doesn't need a high damage total to be effective.  Capping and spotting for your team should be equally rewarding as damage dealt.

100% agreed.  DDs win games.  The OP was robbed in this one.  3 solos and an assisted, 1 kill, and decent damage and that's it?  That isn't rewarding a DD player for exactly what he is supposed to be doing in a Dom game.

Got to start watching my DD games more closely, he should have gotten way more XP than that.

• Cool 2

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

You got a 50% boost in XP for helping your team win the game... what more do you want? 

[H_]
Members
1,723 posts

There must be a balanced reward system that encourages roles....  Without roles, WoWs is nothing more than a Arcade FPS on water and that, just ins't appealing to many.....  There are several other games that are struggling with the concepts of roles and rewards....  I haven't seen a single one get it right yet.....and, if ANY game could and has the basis for roles, it is this game....  Come on WG, let's get it right !

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
2,300 posts
6,968 battles

It would be great if it was possible to reward team play more. I'm not sure if that is possible. I do know one thing. We already see salt in chat and people ranting about players who do not measure up to their standards in this forum. Think what it would be like if team play was rewarded more.

[DKM]
Members
128 posts
15,937 battles
2 hours ago, turbo07 said:

this is what is wrong with the game atm. pls more exp for the objectives

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

While I agree capping needs more rewards, as evidenced by this past rank season. We really don't have the full picture here, we really need to see the end game screens of the people above you. I mean look, 2.6k, 2.5k, 1.9k those are great games. So while you had a great game, they had a better game (based on the current scoring system).

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,575 battles
5 hours ago, NarcoIeptic said:

1.png

2.png

GJ dude and congrats on your temmates staying alive to reward your efforts. I recently had a game similar 3 solos and 1 assist and my team still lost. Nobody knew that if you stop shooting your detection goes down and people stop shooting you me thinks.

Once again Good Job all hail the DD mafia.

[187]
Members
1,200 posts
7,674 battles
2 hours ago, turbo07 said:

This is an ignorant response from mgmt you say you are. Taking three caps likely did create the win for this entire team. So it is all damaged based is the message you are sending so why the hell would anyone continue to try and capture the flags. [edited] sake you created capture the flag scenarios but do not want to reward someone better who has taken three of them? Try making a [edited]mode then with NO Caps and tonnage/time are the winning factors then.

• Cool 2

[LUCK]
Members
1,643 posts
22,586 battles
5 hours ago, NarcoIeptic said:

1.png

2.png

An achievement that rewards solo capping of all the caps available wouldn't be a bad thing.

It isn't as sexy as a Dev Strike but an achievement nonetheless.

Edited by Wye_So_Serious

[187]
Members
1,200 posts
7,674 battles
1 hour ago, Asym_KS said:

There must be a balanced reward system that encourages roles....  Without roles, WoWs is nothing more than a Arcade FPS on water and that, just ins't appealing to many.....  There are several other games that are struggling with the concepts of roles and rewards....  I haven't seen a single one get it right yet.....and, if ANY game could and has the basis for roles, it is this game....  Come on WG, let's get it right !

AMEN and Hallelujah! 

Members
2,331 posts
11,044 battles
2 hours ago, Crusin_Custard said:

[edited].  Please refer to ranked this season.

Caps were meaningless when it came to XP.  In randoms when you have games where the enemy just flees it is very hard for a DD to do any reasonable amount of damage, but they can get the caps.  Problem is a cap is worth only about 600 XP for a full base capture on your first, each cap is then dramatically reduced from there.

Below is an example from ranked this season.   Capped everything solo, did 20% to a Shima, like 40% to a Monty.  I didnt even break 1400 XP.  Caps from a selfish stand point were not worth the risk when it came to saving a star.

shot-18.05.09_23.09.49-0171.jpg

shot-18.05.09_23.09.53-0266.jpg

shot-18.05.09_23.10.24-0000.jpg

• Cool 1

Community Department
2,514 posts
680 battles
34 minutes ago, C_D said:

This is an ignorant response from mgmt you say you are. Taking three caps likely did create the win for this entire team. So it is all damaged based is the message you are sending so why the hell would anyone continue to try and capture the flags. [edited] sake you created capture the flag scenarios but do not want to reward someone better who has taken three of them? Try making a [edited]mode then with NO Caps and tonnage/time are the winning factors then.

Sorry if my response seemed for you in that way. We've talked about that in another topic. If you have some constructive feedback or suggestions, you are welcome. Because the post doesn't seem to be constructive enough. Are we speaking about WoWS still?
I ment that for the caps you have already received extra credits and exp. Also you bring win for your team. How do you see another reward for caps? And if smb would recapture them. Who would be rewarded? Etc.

• Bad 1

[187]
Members
1,200 posts
7,674 battles
18 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

Sorry if my response seemed for you in that way. We've talked about that in another theme. If you have some constructive feedback or suggestions, you are welcome. Because the post doesn't seem to be constructive enough. Are we speaking about WoWS still?
I ment that for the caps you have already received extra credits and exp. Also you bring win for your team. How do you see another reward for caps? And if smb would recapture them. Who would be rewarded? Etc.

Welp....As I said above...you need some different battle modes that reward based solely on tonnage and time to win POSSIBLY..so if people want to run and hide it is not a win/lose factor or if they were afk for some reason. Also an afk players ship should not be able to be destroyed and counted as points killed because it never enters battle. It should simply make that team down one ship not down one ship and then lose points for it being sunk....how can it be sunk if it never entered the battle that is dumb....if they connect then they are in.

If person/s caps a point should be either a Bigger single reward OR based on a timer that keeps running based on a percent that accumulates continuously until battle end divided among whomever contributed too each cap capture...and STOP and swing the other way to whomever recaptures a point.

But the message you send and others focus around is damage done not team goals which is why you have teams divided on what to do exactly in a match...some want to get the caps and win others want to hide and inflict only damage while others seek out certain targets of opportunity. You guys,WOW, are out of focus and it reflects in what is happening in the game.

But this is not new news is it or new suggestions I'm sure your reply was an attempt at pacification. ehh good day

Edited by C_D

Members
256 posts
7,128 battles

isnt it like 500xp for each cap?

im pretty sure all i did once in a kagero was cap and not damage anyone or hit anyone and i ended up with 500 points 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,646 posts
10,958 battles

5k XP is pretty dang nice with damage that low. Looks like you did get rewarded.

Members
5,201 posts
9,061 battles
4 hours ago, turbo07 said:

This is a disheartening response. There are a multitude of ways to win games, but, by poorly rewarding support functions, the game puts an over-emphasis on direct damage... which leads to selfish play. 

A ship that smokes allies, spots reds, takes caps but does no damage should still be rewarded for its effect on the game. This is especially true in Ranked. Playing DD in the R5 bracket is entirely dumb. Your job is to support your team, but the current XP reward system means you almost never save a star despite significant contribution. 

• Cool 2

[CB-77]
Members
167 posts
1,387 battles

Sounds like Wargaming is trying to avoid deathball capping like in WoT, but with multiple caps thats much harder.

Members
21,871 posts
5,725 battles
1 hour ago, turbo07 said:

Sorry if my response seemed for you in that way. We've talked about that in another topic. If you have some constructive feedback or suggestions, you are welcome. Because the post doesn't seem to be constructive enough. Are we speaking about WoWS still?

I think the idea is, higher rewards for capping, so that one can choose how they want to win.

Also, more rewards for capping might entice more players to do it, and better define ship roles. Teammates not PTFO is a major complaint here.