Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Which ship to re-buy?

9 comments in this topic

Members
322 posts
6,557 battles

I recently sold both the Rich and the Amagi with the full intention of buying them back asap. I love both but I'm finding not having them both too much and was wondering which should I buy first? I have just enough credits for one of them but I can't make up my mind. Can anyone help me with this?

[POP]
Beta Testers
3,864 posts
5,623 battles

that depends.

what is your goal?a ship with all forward guns and balanced stats?(richelieu from what i i can remember) or a ship with trollish armor and accurate long range guns?(amagi)?

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,456 posts
8,158 battles
1 hour ago, crazyferret23777 said:

I recently sold both the Rich and the Amagi with the full intention of buying them back asap. I love both but I'm finding not having them both too much and was wondering which should I buy first? I have just enough credits for one of them but I can't make up my mind. Can anyone help me with this?

Toss a coin. Heads Amagi - Tails Rich. Eazy peezy.

Community Department
2,514 posts
680 battles

I'll try. Choose Amagi. She's the best I've played recently! 
And when you choose and going to buy, you'll understand what you want to buy more. 

[-K-]
Members
6,011 posts
10,144 battles

For me, Amagi hands down.  Had much more fun and success with her.

But considering how different the two ships play, the preference will depend heavily on your playstyle.

[CAST]
Members
1,484 posts
7,924 battles

It depends on your play style. 

The Rich has smaller guns and less penetration range, which means you need to get closer to deliver the big blows.  When up tiered, you often need to aim for the superstructure to get consistent high damage if the ship is angled at all.  The high number of forward guns allows plenty of hits for good consistent damage, even when doing that.  The high speed and maneuverability make it easy to adjust to changing conditions on the battlefield.  The forward guns allow you to keep all guns on target while bow tanking.  You need to angle towards the enemy to shoot if you are running away.

The Amagi has big long range guns that hit hard and accurately, even at long range.  The guns are powerful enough to blow through most anything at its tier and do serious damage in tiers above.  It is pretty speedy too, for a big ship, but not as maneuverable.  You will only be able to keep half your guns on target if you are bow tanking.  You can move away and keep your rear guns on target without giving up any broadside if needed.

[SPTR]
Members
26,491 posts
12,024 battles

If it was up to me I would pick the Richelieu because its mobile flanker kind of situational bow tanking brawler, I hear stories of it and Alsace able to use engine boost to rapidly close the distance on enemy BBs even Yammies and do a drive by shoot at ther citadles, 

Amagi is good too, mid to long range mobile strike support ship or a secondary pusher to have in a flank. but not something I really want to be in during late game because of it's shortcomings.

Sign in to follow this