Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Special Roma Camo

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
321 posts
6,517 battles

I"m looking for a great credit earning ship since I don't have the Mighty MO so I was wondering how good the credit earning is if I buy the so called Beer camo for my Roma. I don't hate the camo myself so I wouldn't mind using it but can someone give me an idea of it's credit making potential and if it's worth spending 7k doubloons on it? I have a 15 pt cmdr on it and I feel I play decent with it and have a large room for improving. TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,563
[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
8,108 posts
7,108 battles

Roma and Kii with the Kobayashi camo gives some very strong bonuses to the Credit and XP earning potential, so if you want a wanna-be Missouri the Roma is a solid choice.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
444
[YAN]
Members
1,648 posts
7,949 battles

Roma Beats out the other T9 premiums with the camo, which aside from the Missouri are the best credit earners. So yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
823
[STAR]
Members
3,300 posts
8,120 battles

That thing is so uggly that its not worth it... 7k doubloons to turn one of the most beautiful ships in the game into a uggly one...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
801
[_RNG_]
Supertester
2,053 posts
2,849 battles

The camp actually grows on you. I have come to love it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,729
[PVE]
Members
7,875 posts
13,786 battles

The potential is there with the Roma Kobayashi camo due to the credit boost BUT that assumes you can do well with it to put that bonus to use. Roma is an inconsistent performer (main guns) for many people. IF you can do better in another T8 Premium you could actually get more rewards than you would from Roma with that camo. I have it and because the guns are so trollish I actually earn a lot better in other T8 Premiums like Alabama, Tirpitz, and Prinz Eugen( for 3K Doubloons you can get the Adler camo that adds +10% credits). The reason is I have much better games in those and I struggle in Roma

Musashi and Kronshtadt as T9 Premiums FXP ships earn really well too if you have the 750K.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
455
[-AA-]
Members
1,756 posts
6,674 battles
2 hours ago, Xlap said:

That thing is so uggly that its not worth it... 7k doubloons to turn one of the most beautiful ships in the game into a uggly one...

If I am not mistaken you can equip the camo and turn the Kobayashi camo off in the settings. Havent tried this myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Community Department
2,514 posts
680 battles
9 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

If I am not mistaken you can equip the camo and turn the Kobayashi camo off in the settings. Havent tried this myself.

It's a mistake nevertheless. If you turn off the filter in port, the camo will be automaticaly put off too.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,729
[PVE]
Members
7,875 posts
13,786 battles
19 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

If I am not mistaken you can equip the camo and turn the Kobayashi camo off in the settings. Havent tried this myself.

Unfortunately as said ^^^ if you disable viewing the camo it demounts it so you do not get the bonuses. You can use a mod that at least hides the beer can.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
455
[-AA-]
Members
1,756 posts
6,674 battles
1 hour ago, turbo07 said:

It's a mistake nevertheless. If you turn off the filter in port, the camo will be automaticaly put off too.  

 

59 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Unfortunately as said ^^^ if you disable viewing the camo it demounts it so you do not get the bonuses. You can use a mod that at least hides the beer can.

Aha, good to know! Thanks guys :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
114 posts
7,895 battles

Its ugly but its a tier 10 premium camo, it gives you -50% to resupply costs which puts more credits in your pocket and +20% credits earned, add in flags she will make you credits well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,443
[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,449 posts
11,462 battles
4 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

Roma and Kii with the Kobayashi camo gives some very strong bonuses to the Credit and XP earning potential, so if you want a wanna-be Missouri the Roma is a solid choice.

As a Kii owner, I can back this up claim up. my Kii with the Kobay camo brings in an average around 500k-1M for credits when you add in flags. its worth the money in the long run if you didn't get the Mo.

 

Also kii is a really fun ship and she has Torpedoes! If you can't get a Kii your best bet would be maybe Tirpitz, because she's an all-rounder and can bring in  good credits if you know how to use her properly!:fish_aqua:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,729
[PVE]
Members
7,875 posts
13,786 battles
2 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

As a Kii owner, I can back this up claim up. my Kii with the Kobay camo brings in an average around 500k-1M for credits when you add in flags. its worth the money in the long run if you didn't get the Mo.

 

Also kii is a really fun ship and she has Torpedoes! If you can't get a Kii your best bet would be maybe Tirpitz, because she's an all-rounder and can bring in  good credits if you know how to use her properly!:fish_aqua:

I have Kii but the Kobayashi camo is not available for it. Can't buy it in port or premium shop. I got the ship in a Santa crate without it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,955
[WOLF3]
Members
18,711 posts
17,055 battles

Kii, Roma with the Makoto Kobayashi Camo are good credit earners.  But you have to like the playstyle of those ships to begin with.  We had someone a while back ask if Missouri was worth it before it got yanked, and openly said he didn't like Iowa.  Everyone was gushing, "YES!  GET MISSOURI!" and I was the only one that warned the guy, "You don't like Iowa, you're not going to like Missouri despite the money printing."  He went ahead and bought it.  'Lo and behold, he hated it just as much as he hated Iowa.

"Well gee, I couldn't see that happening!" :Smile_sceptic:

750k FreeXP down the sh*tters.

 

Kii =/= Amagi, both do things more exclusive to the other.

Roma is unique in Tier VIII BB Land.

Both have strengths and weaknesses.

 

Oh, and the Roma Salt Shaker / Beer Can Camo is awesome.  People get really, really mad when they die to a Roma that uses it.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
697
[HINON]
Members
2,808 posts
20,292 battles

you will rack up some decent credits assuming you dont get one shotted by a Graf Zeppelin or 3ple citadeled by a yammy sitting 20km back cause ur citadel is so high above the waterine. Also enjoy only scoring overpens on broadsiding cruisers :-( sorry i had to get it off my chest lol Get Kii! She so much better.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,443
[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,449 posts
11,462 battles
On 6/7/2018 at 9:10 AM, AdmiralThunder said:

I have Kii but the Kobayashi camo is not available for it. Can't buy it in port or premium shop. I got the ship in a Santa crate without it. 

you can probably buy it when they sell the ship again. I'm pretty sure they had that option last time. it was like $30 or something.:fish_book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
730
[BNKR]
Members
1,154 posts
1,071 battles

Roma with Kobayashi camo is an outrageous credit earner. I run Wyvern and whatever the other standard credit flag is. Win or lose, play well or play poorly, you will not want for credits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×