Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Halonut24

Forum topics disappearing??

10 comments in this topic

[WOSV]
Members
541 posts
2,828 battles

Am I the only one seeing forum topics just vanishing into the ether? My topic about the Anniversary of the Battle of Midway is just gone. I try to find it where it last was; nothing. I go click on one of the notifications about someone reacting to a post I made on said topic. Error message stating I don't have permission to view it. It's happened to a few others as well, and I find it very strange. The one's I've encountered weren't even locked. They just vanished.

Anyone have an idea why this happens? Just curious.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,140 posts
19,957 battles

I have seen them disappear as well, usually they are threads that are considered taboo or detrimental and they just cease to exist without warning or explanation.  I can not for the life of me imagine that yours would fall into that group though.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,036 posts
4,594 battles
Just now, Halonut24 said:

Am I the only one seeing forum topics just vanishing into the ether? My topic about the Anniversary of the Battle of Midway is just gone. I try to find it where it last was; nothing. I go click on one of the notifications about someone reacting to a post I made on said topic. Error message stating I don't have permission to view it. It's happened to a few others as well, and I find it very strange. The one's I've encountered weren't even locked. They just vanished.

That usually means the thread was either locked or most likely deleted by a mod.

I remember that thread. Unfortunately, your great post topic was derailed by some forum trolls and was most likely locked and deleted due to those few comments. Wish WG would just delete the posts of the trolls within a thread and then ban the offending troll for a minimum of 24-hours from being able to post.

[WOSV]
Members
541 posts
2,828 battles
11 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

That usually means the thread was either locked or most likely deleted by a mod.

I remember that thread. Unfortunately, your great post topic was derailed by some forum trolls and was most likely locked and deleted due to those few comments. Wish WG would just delete the posts of the trolls within a thread and then ban the offending troll for a minimum of 24-hours from being able to post.

That makes some sense. And it's a shame too. We managed to finally slog through the trolling and some of the guys were getting into some good conversations about that battle. Your suggestion for dealing with trolls seems like it should work out ok. For first time offenses, I'd start with a warning. For repeat offenders (like the one that derailed my topic) the 24 hr ban, and I think as more are accumulated, the penalty should be longer.

[RKLES]
Members
8,876 posts
10,828 battles
37 minutes ago, Halonut24 said:

Unfortunately it seems the forum trolls attacked the Midway thread forcing the Moderators to delete the thread.  If you get too much of inappropriate info shared in a thread as well as plenty of profanity ect. Then sometimes the thread has to be deleted.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[WOLF4]
Members
1,340 posts
2,961 battles
42 minutes ago, Halonut24 said:

Yeah that's the mods earning their pay.

imagesss.jpg

[VW]
Members
2,394 posts
14,143 battles

I saw one by @Belthorian deleted yesteday, he was asking about whether ships should be refered to as he or she. As i was responding the thread ceased to exist! Error, content not found.

Edited by monpetitloup

[4HIM]
Members
2,181 posts
6,212 battles
4 hours ago, daVinci761st said:

Wish WG would just delete the posts of the trolls within a thread and then ban the offending troll for a minimum of 24-hours from being able to post.

And it always seems to be the same group of trolls that get into the same arguments in numerous threads.  

[POP]
Beta Testers
3,864 posts
5,623 battles

I WARNED YOU ABOT ((THEM))

n4i39s.jpg

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,456 posts
8,158 battles
4 hours ago, Halonut24 said:

Disappearing, it is after all, the Russian way. :Smile_teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this