You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Professor_Jumbo

Torpedo Bug

7 comments in this topic

[BUNNY]
[BUNNY]
Members
96 posts
1,854 battles

I just started playing a few days a go, so maybe there is an explanation for this, but I have not seen anything like it.  I play a tier III destroyer Phra Ruang.  All the descriptions of torpedos that I have seen say that destroyers cannot be hit by torpedos.   I cannot hit other destroyers with my torpedos, fair enough.  But everybody in the game can hit me with torpedos.  So is this a bug with my ship, or with my entire game?

[WORX]
Members
3,062 posts
14,536 battles

no bug you have DWT. While every other DD have regular torps. its the PA line in general, but a PA-DD can;t hit you with DWT.

Edited by Navalpride33

[HINON]
Supertester
20,340 posts
13,798 battles

The Pan Asian DD line has deep water torpedoes that can't hit destroyers, but get better concealment / stealth vs cruisers, battleships and carriers. The other destroyer lines get torpedoes that can hit everything, but are spotted earlier thus easier to dodge.

[WAG]
Members
542 posts
9,091 battles
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

The Pan Asian DD line has deep water torpedoes that can't hit destroyers, but get better concealment / stealth vs cruisers, battleships and carriers. The other destroyer lines get torpedoes that can hit everything, but are spotted earlier thus easier to dodge.

The third type of torpedo, unique to Asashio at the moment, can only hit battleships and carriers.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,128 battles
13 minutes ago, Professor_Jumbo said:

I just started playing a few days a go, so maybe there is an explanation for this, but I have not seen anything like it.  I play a tier III destroyer Phra Ruang.  All the descriptions of torpedos that I have seen say that destroyers cannot be hit by torpedos.   I cannot hit other destroyers with my torpedos, fair enough.  But everybody in the game can hit me with torpedos.  So is this a bug with my ship, or with my entire game?

No bug ..certain DDs..PanAsian line for one ,have deep water Torps that run deeper in the water, a good number of other DDs have regular Torps, fighting other DDs with deep water Torps puts you at a disadvantage 

On  the plus side deep water Torps are harder to detect and your DD has a low detection because of it also you can launch your Torps in Cap even though your friendly DDs are in the way with no fear of hitting them 

these DDs do  require a different style of play because of the disadvantage when meeting another DD in Cap so I usually don’t rush in to Cap alone ,

these DDs excel at ambush because of there low detection stealthy type ,however with the advent of more and more ships with Radar I’ve now changed my X Yueyang Torps from the faster 10+ k Torps to the  slower 13+ Torps for that very reason

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,011 posts
15,854 battles

Reading really IS OP!

[STURM]
Members
424 posts
3,677 battles
2 hours ago, Professor_Jumbo said:

No bug, it's a feature of the ship you're in.

Like Lert and the others have said, the nine tech-tree destroyers in the Pan-asian tree all have deep-water torpedoes. You cannot hit other destroyers, but in return your torps are harder to see without hydro, so there is less chance of a reaction based dodge.

Other destroyers, and torpedo armed cruisers, sure as heck can hit you, though. They love dumping torps into that excellent smoke you have, so be careful of that.

As a side note, the way to tell the torpedoes that can hit you from the (rare) ones that can't is to look at the market over it. If it's a small triangle, it can hit you and do lots of damage. If it's a dot, then it is incapable of hitting you, and you just spotted it for your teammates to (most likely fail) to dodge.

Hope this helps!