You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RustyOldFart

No offense Wargaming and Developers but..

24 comments in this topic

Members
3,783 posts

Like said with absolutely no offense to Wargaming and its developers, I've really got to know why the sound you guys made for the Cleveland's horn sound like a little dying rat.  The Normadies' horn sounds like a giant Dying rat.  I know you guys are hitting certain keys in low and high octaves and with different instruments that are on your soundboards, but I mean come on?  Why lol?  Can you guys possibly make a better horn sound for these two ships lol, PLEASE?

Edited by SuperSpud1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles

Didn't know bait and tackle stores stayed open this late.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

Members
2,509 posts
6,960 battles
3 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Like said with absolutely no offense to Wargaming and its developers, I've really got to know why the sound you guys made for the Cleveland's horn sound like a little dying rat.  The Normadies' horn sounds like a giant Dying rat.  I know you guys are hitting certain keys in low and high octaves and with different instruments that are on your soundboards, but I mean come on?  Why lol?  Can you guys possibly make a better horn sound for these two ships lol, PLEASE?

I rather like Cleveland's horn... you don't give it a long toot, about half a second of sound is perfect.

Members
3,783 posts
2 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Some are open 24/7 l m f a o

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,163 posts
10,186 battles

Sounds like someone needs to be reported to the LEO for knowing how well small animals sound when dying. :cap_wander_2:

• Cool 1

[BLHK]
Members
555 posts
3,685 battles
18 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I am not sure what is weirder. That this video exists..........or that someone knew it exists lol

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I had Train horns in my Karmann Ghia  VW. Talk about making people stop at the crossings.... Hilarious

• Funny 1

[TBW]
Members
7,195 posts
13,334 battles
35 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Tackle sold out, just BAIT.

[SFOR]
Members
963 posts
6,880 battles
41 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

It is the Varyag Horn and is great.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
18,737 posts
10,776 battles

There are many different ships horn sounds.

Members
5,299 posts
6,051 battles

You know, I'd actually like a way to customize the horn being used on your ship. I believe Pigeon_of_War had a weekly thought on the subject of being able to purchase horns as a cosmetic on ships.

I think the new arsenal is a perfect way to do this too. Make the various horns available for a small amount of coal(one time buy and it can be used on any ship you wish), and they can be applied to any ship you want. It can either be a client side thing, or since the horns are already in the files for everyone, maybe it could be coded so you hear others' "custom" horns too.

Nothing tops the steam whistle on the Kamikaze, in my opinion. Best sounding 'horn' in the game.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[WOLF4]
Members
1,335 posts
2,948 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I had Train horns in my Karmann Ghia  VW. Talk about making people stop at the crossings.... Hilarious

I can picture this. I don't know why but for some reason, it makes sense. For you i mean.

[WAG]
Members
1,576 posts
9,122 battles

..have you heard the bleating that is the Anshan horn.. if you can call it a horn... just abrasive and sick sounding.. ????

( I had Mercedes horns on my Triumph Tiger ( 2006 version) .. damn were they loud)

Edited by Elo_J_Fudpucker

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,456 posts
8,158 battles
7 hours ago, SuperSpud1 said:

What you really want is the Dukes Of Hazard horn sound from the good old General. :Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,456 posts
8,158 battles
5 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

I can picture this. I don't know why but for some reason, it makes sense. For you i mean.

Even better, having a CB system with a pa speaker hooked up near the inner front grill in the car and having a train sound
going thru town with no train tracks nearby. Reactions frigging hilarious

[ARGSY]
Members
9,601 posts
6,255 battles
1 hour ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Need this horn

That is AWESOME.

UK, US, Germany, Japan, Italy, Pan-Asia, France... Poland. Damn. One too many already, even if you put the Commonwealth in with the UK.

Was almost thinking we had a seven-nation Navy.

(If you lump the Commonwealth AND Poland in with the UK it works, since Blys worked with the RN throughout the war. But the South Americans are coming and that would still spoil it.) 

Although... has anyone ever ended up with seven discrete nations in a Ranked battle?

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Members
3,783 posts
12 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Yea I've seen some youtube videos with people putting train horns in cars I was actually considering that for myself for those horrible drivers that stay stopped at a green light lol.  But I didn't feel like spending money on an air compressor and more money for the horn lol.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
3 hours ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Yea I've seen some youtube videos with people putting train horns in cars I was actually considering that for myself for those horrible drivers that stay stopped at a green light lol.  But I didn't feel like spending money on an air compressor and more money for the horn lol.

I had friends who owned Scrapyards cost me my time to collect and install the items I needed.