You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_h2o

A message to "New Players" from a newish player

21 comments in this topic

[NOBS]
Members
1,107 posts
8,277 battles

There are people in this forum with 10,000 battles. 

There are people that own every boat in the game. 

Best part, they all want to help you. The game experience is way better when everyone know how to play. 

So, if you are having problems, ask for help. If you don't understand something, ask for help. Give the forum a search, hit up Google, check on YouTube. 

Coming and complaining about "everything" will get the typical response from "everyone". Asking "why" "how" "help" will give you useful information, a link or advise from players who have been there and done that. 

Everyone was a potato, some are potato salad, others are french fries, but the poutine players they have curd and gravy now and want to share their topings! (Its a Canadian thing, and it's means you're great)

• Cool 15
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,449 posts
11,462 battles

He's right. Unlike WOT's community, we're not as toxic here in WOWS.  We actually want people to play and improve and if asked nicely , we'll usually help you out!

Also, pro tip: WOWS wiki is your friend. it has all the games information from ships to radar usage. :fish_aqua:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,877 posts
13,843 battles

Shameless plug for @Lord_Zath's replay channel, you can send your replays to him and he'll give you suggestions on how to improve your play!

[RWBY]
Members
158 posts
1,771 battles

Also there are multiple guides on YouTube if you don't feel like reading. Yuro is by far the best, imho, if you want to learn how to play certain classes of ship (or any specific ship) just be aware they're a bit out dated. However, there is another YouTuber (I forgot which one, I think its the peacekeeper guy) that is a bit more analytical and breaks down the ship somewhat and explains a bit as to why he is doing what he's doing. 

[PVE]
Members
14,683 posts
9,298 battles
28 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

Best part, they all want to help you. The game experience is way better when everyone know how to play. 

So, if you are having problems, ask for help. If you don't understand something, ask for help. Give the forum a search, hit up Google, check on YouTube. 

Coming and complaining about "everything" will get the typical response from "everyone". Asking "why" "how" "help" will give you useful information, a link or advise from players who have been there and done that. 

Everyone was a potato, some are potato salad, others are french fries, but the poutine players they have curd and gravy now and want to share their topings! (Its a Canadian thing, and it's means you're great)

There are a few jerks that will still be jerks, but they are VASTLY outnumbered by the nice, helpful people here.

[SQUAD]
Members
7,931 posts
8,327 battles

I love to help, paying it forward, a lot of guys here certainly helped me. Conversely, I detest whining and complaining, and players who blame everything in the game but themselves for issues they may be having.

[SQUAD]
Members
7,931 posts
8,327 battles
11 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Yea, we are happy to help. 

Yes, we help this guy all the time. He's a deep fried tater, and he makes it hard, but we help him anyway.

And it's because we're nice folks, NOT because he's my clan leader.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
307 posts
8,780 battles

@Kizarvexis Well said and stated, please new players stay out of the General Chat & Question section of the Live server, and also the off - topic section, you will be abused to no end there for asking a question about anything to do with the game.

Thanks, Sere_Pj [SMI]

[PVE]
Members
14,683 posts
9,298 battles
1 minute ago, Sere_Pj said:

@Kizarvexis Well said and stated, please new players stay out of the General Chat & Question section of the Live server, and also the off - topic section, you will be abused to no end there for asking a question about anything to do with the game.

Thanks, Sere_Pj [SMI]

Nah, newbies can ask questions and get good help, they just need to ignore the rare jerks.

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
307 posts
8,780 battles

@Kizarvexis Well here in forum I think it is a little more layed back than the Live Server chat, I have not been on to it in 6 months and it is just as full of trolls and idiots as it always was. I do try to help most here in the forum, but most of my time has been occupied with trying to run three clans now, but it is fun and I enjoy it.

Thanks, Sere_Pj [SMI]

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,011 posts
16,494 battles
44 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Shameless plug for @Lord_Zath's replay channel, you can send your replays to him and he'll give you suggestions on how to improve your play!

o/

• Cool 1

[MWM]
Supertester
1,810 posts
5,489 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_h2o said:

new players can PM Me.  Ill either 

1. invite you to my discord.

2. division with you

3. both

Edited by Skraeling

[TBW]
Members
7,195 posts
13,334 battles

SoveyDawg at your service, well if you don't mind my sense of humor. OP forgot to mention the golden rule. No Sub posts. See helping you already.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[BLHK]
Members
555 posts
3,685 battles

And no shooting at anyone with the name MG1962.

Unfortunately veteran players seem to forget this one........ a lot lol

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,960 posts
9,268 battles
4 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

There are a few jerks that will still be jerks, but they are VASTLY outnumbered by the nice, helpful people here.

We also have helpful jerks - admittedly I can at times be or come across as a jerk, but I do try to be helpful.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,402 posts
3,894 battles
4 hours ago, Sere_Pj said:

@Kizarvexis Well here in forum I think it is a little more layed back than the Live Server chat, I have not been on to it in 6 months and it is just as full of trolls and idiots as it always was. I do try to help most here in the forum, but most of my time has been occupied with trying to run three clans now, but it is fun and I enjoy it.

Thanks, Sere_Pj [SMI]

Aha!  That's where I recognize your name from.  Yes, trolls and idiots.  And a few guys like you who try to be helpful.  Good to see you again!

[PVE]
Members
14,683 posts
9,298 battles
3 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

We also have helpful jerks - admittedly I can at times be or come across as a jerk, but I do try to be helpful.

:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles

8 hours ago, Capt_h2o said:

Great Post, Capt_h20

To New Players here is somethings that I have picked up, and these are my opinions.

The Forum Search is your Friend - look to see on how to deal with dodging Torpedoes, do not come on here all guns a Blazing that Torps are broken, this goes for just about everything from Aiming to Fires.

Before buying ANY Premium Ship look up @LittleWhiteMouse reviews on it, BUT understand just because LWM or anyone else is great in a Premium Ship IT DOES NOT MEAN you will be! BUT that does not make the ship JUNK! ALSO DO NOT BUY A TIER 8 ship is you are only at Tier 2, you WILL get your stern handed to you!!

And NEVER, NEVER, NEVER sell a Premium ship for credits - even if you think its junk, make it a port Queen for a while until you learn more about the game, you will find out 99% time it is the Captain (YOU) and not the ship!

7 hours ago, Edgecase said:

This 100% True, not only Lord_Zath, but if you have a issue with a ship/game-play post a replay there are folks with TONS of experience! That are willing to help - from the staff to everyday players.

6 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

SoveyDawg at your service, well if you don't mind my sense of humor. OP forgot to mention the golden rule. No Sub posts. See helping you already.

This is one of the players who has helped me, take up him on his offer, and his Humor, well lets leave that subject alone LOL:cap_haloween:

Go to YouTube, and look up World of Warships and follow the Community Contributors like @NoZoupForYou, @Notser, @UrPeaceKeeper and so many  more and watch their videos.

Join a Clan ---- It help you get discounts on learning ships, the cost of ships, etc., Plus it opens up more players to help you. But make sure the clan fits your play style.

Golden Rule - Treat the staff and other players on the forums with respect, and for the most part you will get the same. Just remember the more Salt you give the more you will get back!

Okay there is my 2 cents worth.

• Cool 1