Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
yacskn

How Do We Deal With Lost Credits, XP, Flags, Camos etc. Due To Server-side Crashes?

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

273
[KSD]
Members
479 posts
15,956 battles

As the title says. How do we?

Game crashed 3 times in 10 mins in 2 different battles. I know the issue is not the connection because I'm streaming 1080p video at the same time I'm playing the game.

I'm still trying to get in. Restarted the game and have been hitting the "Connect" button for the last 5 mins all the while still streaming video at 1080p.

So what happens to all the income, XP, free XP, flags, camo etc. that's been lost due to server-side connection issues? Do we just forfeit it?

Doesn't seem right if it is.

Edit: I finally got in and now it's two losses in a row in battles I couldn't play in. If you look at my recent WR, you will see that it doesn't happen often. I ask again; what happens to all the lost stuff?

 

Edited by yacskn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,900
[HINON]
Supertester
20,362 posts
13,817 battles

It's lost, consumed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
899 posts
17,708 battles

Dr. Pepper over vanilla bean ice cream in a glass goes a long way to mitigate such emotional distress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
273
[KSD]
Members
479 posts
15,956 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

It's lost, consumed.

giphy.gif

Just not right.

And will I also get penalised for not participating in a battle too? Talk about insult to injury.

Edited by yacskn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,900
[HINON]
Supertester
20,362 posts
13,817 battles
4 minutes ago, yacskn said:

And will I also get penalised for not participating in a battle too? Talk about insult to injury.

Only if you consider being pink 'penalised', even though it doesn't actually do anything, being pink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
273
[KSD]
Members
479 posts
15,956 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Only if you consider being pink 'penalised', even though it doesn't actually do anything, being pink.

It goes in your permanent record fam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,900
[HINON]
Supertester
20,362 posts
13,817 battles
Just now, yacskn said:

It goes in your permanent record fam.

And still doesn't actually do anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
273
[KSD]
Members
479 posts
15,956 battles
7 minutes ago, Lert said:

And still doesn't actually do anything.

 

giphy.gif

Edited by yacskn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,900
[HINON]
Supertester
20,362 posts
13,817 battles
3 minutes ago, yacskn said:

giphy.gif

rhZFsah.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
273
[KSD]
Members
479 posts
15,956 battles

Sigh.

It's a joke @Lert.

Like how people in the movies say it's going in the permanent record but it doesn't actually do anything?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,900
[HINON]
Supertester
20,362 posts
13,817 battles
6 minutes ago, yacskn said:

It's a joke @Lert.

I am aware. Why did you think I answered your meme with a meme?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
273
[KSD]
Members
479 posts
15,956 battles
11 minutes ago, Lert said:

I am aware. Why did you think I answered your meme with a meme?

Well, I thought your meme looked a bit... disinterested, jaded.

Figured maybe you didn't get the joke or something.

All cool :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,900
[HINON]
Supertester
20,362 posts
13,817 battles
15 minutes ago, yacskn said:

Well, I thought your meme looked a bit... disinterested, jaded.

I'm not a very interesting person and my meme game reflects this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,892
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,095 posts
15,854 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

I'm not a very interesting person and my meme game reflects this.

OMG Please! I know it gets deep in some of your posts but this one requires hip waders!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
150
[WOLF5]
Members
662 posts
23,370 battles
3 hours ago, yacskn said:

As the title says. How do we?

Game crashed 3 times in 10 mins in 2 different battles. I know the issue is not the connection because I'm streaming 1080p video at the same time I'm playing the game.

I'm still trying to get in. Restarted the game and have been hitting the "Connect" button for the last 5 mins all the while still streaming video at 1080p.

So what happens to all the income, XP, free XP, flags, camo etc. that's been lost due to server-side connection issues? Do we just forfeit it?

Doesn't seem right if it is.

Edit: I finally got in and now it's two losses in a row in battles I couldn't play in. If you look at my recent WR, you will see that it doesn't happen often. I ask again; what happens to all the lost stuff?

 

Just because you were able to stream a 1080p video doesn't mean that you had sufficient internet bandwidth to connect to WG WITHOUT increasing latency. Remember your internet pipe is limited to a certain download/upload limits determined by your ISP. If you consume 90% of it streaming a video, then the remaining 10% may not be enough to connect to anything else at the speeds you and/or the server expect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
273
[KSD]
Members
479 posts
15,956 battles
25 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

Just because you were able to stream a 1080p video doesn't mean that you had sufficient internet bandwidth to connect to WG WITHOUT increasing latency. Remember your internet pipe is limited to a certain download/upload limits determined by your ISP. If you consume 90% of it streaming a video, then the remaining 10% may not be enough to connect to anything else at the speeds you and/or the server expect. 

I've been playing this game, streaming video, downloading stuff and talking to people on TS/Discord all at the same time on this connection for 3 years. 

I know what I'm saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
150
[WOLF5]
Members
662 posts
23,370 battles
16 hours ago, yacskn said:

I've been playing this game, streaming video, downloading stuff and talking to people on TS/Discord all at the same time on this connection for 3 years. 

I know what I'm saying.

Just because you haven't changed your Internet plan does not mean your ISP has stayed the same. In the last 3 years there's been more and more VoIP/digital phones and increases in their "base" customer use (remember 3 years ago 12MB was considered as fast as you needed - now it's they're offering 300MB service in most areas). Your pipe to the ISP may be the same, but I'm betting they haven't increased their inbound pipe 10 fold. Also remember, you're also competing with all of your neighbors for the same bandwidth that goes to either the CTMS/Dslam or fiber switch. I know most service providers are slowly upgrading that infrastructure because it's $$$ and they can't really raise rates when there's so much competition. In short most ISP's have very little headroom in various neighborhoods. At peak times, you will get nowhere near what they've sold you.

If you're on one of the Comcast companies, it's pretty bad because they're really behind on upgrading their equipment yet they're rolling out Digital TV service (to "secure" their channels) as well as VoIP. They're severely overextended. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
370
[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,167 posts
11,637 battles
16 hours ago, yacskn said:

I know what I'm saying.

Hey,

You can try to change the ISP frequency, eg in the same street, neighbor and stuffs check to see how busy is frequency per usage and then test in out in afternoon when it busy. Normally, you get up to 15 frequencies and you can select the one not busy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×