Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Soshi New Innovative Winning Strategy

15 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,426 posts
14,435 battles

Become the punching bag for the top tier enemy clan, taking the heat off your fellow team mates, enabling your team to gain the advantage and press the win :

shot-18_06_06_16_44.46-0607.thumb.jpg.05793ec9893fdededb673e00f7fb3ca3.jpgshot-18_06_06_16_44.57-0042.thumb.jpg.d307afd564354e73a39b9d473f7fc7ec.jpg

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,733 posts
9,982 battles

Genius!

[POP]
Members
1,368 posts
16,873 battles
28 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Become the punching bag for the top tier enemy clan, taking the heat off your fellow team mates, enabling your team to gain the advantage and press the win :

shot-18_06_06_16_44.46-0607.thumb.jpg.05793ec9893fdededb673e00f7fb3ca3.jpgshot-18_06_06_16_44.57-0042.thumb.jpg.d307afd564354e73a39b9d473f7fc7ec.jpg

It has merit, I play to win for the team and besides a wins a win who cares how much your personal score is as long as you win.

cheers  

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
657 posts
5,635 battles

Its great when it works. Most of the time I tank my team runs, potatoes, gives the caps away, and dies in that order making my effort pointless.

[WORX]
Members
3,085 posts
14,577 battles

BB punching bag, it comes natural for me I play aggresive regardless of ship class or tier. But as long as you win then in the words of our overlord jingles. " if it works and its stupid but you still get the win then its not stupid". Nice job exactly how the BB is played in some matches.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Only become the punching bag if you have someone to back you up and secure the kills.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,426 posts
14,435 battles

Well, to be fair, I was being a bit sarcastic.  I was a punching bag...but I didn't PLAN it that way.  This only turned out good for me because we had a few top tier clan players on my team who were able to balance out the top tier players on the reds.  In this regard, I was fodder regardless of my intent.  Once focused, I was in pure survival mode.  It was only at that moment, already focused and hurting, that I realized my best contribution (at that moment, not from any grand strategy standpoint) was to survive as long as possible as a distraction target.  Without the top tier players on my side to balance things in general, I would have been toasted...figuratively as well as literally.

My goal is to play in whatever way I need to play in order to secure a win.  Being a target is not the best way to do that.  In this particular match, I was focused and realized survival was the way I needed to play.  We won.  I was bottom score (with my mirror opponent score-wise an AFK!!).  I took the results "after the fact" and posted a narrative that made it look like I planned it that way.  I didn't...and wouldn't recommend anyone else play that way either...at least going in.  Now, if you find yourself focused and dying...then yeah....do what you have to survive...or find a healthy target to ram.     

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[ARGSY]
Members
9,628 posts
6,297 battles
13 hours ago, MasterDiggs said:

Its great when it works. Most of the time I tank my team runs, potatoes, gives the caps away, and dies in that order making my effort pointless.

OP is talking in terms of clan battles; teamwork is therefore more likely than in ranked or randoms.

(OP's qualifying statement is noted.)

[-BRS-]
Members
438 posts
8,814 battles

Interesting though, that you only had 800k+ in potential damage.  I would have expected that to be a couple million.

[RUST]
Beta Testers
992 posts
11,138 battles

I hate to break it to you that you didn’t tank much if your potential damage in a T9 BB is < 1 million. Based on the detail report, your impact on the game seem to correlate to your position on the XP ladder. I think you can do better than that.

Members
1,208 posts
5,446 battles

If I had a nickel every time I had ~2 mil potential damage and the team did nothing with the time I bought, I'd have change coming.

[PVE]
Members
657 posts
5,635 battles
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:23 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

OP is talking in terms of clan battles; teamwork is therefore more likely than in ranked or randoms.

(OP's qualifying statement is noted.)

Last I checked (admitting right now that it has been awhile) clan battles is not 12v12. 

This smells like a random battle where her contribution went under appreciated by the in-game rewards yet again. 

Sign in to follow this