Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MrDeaf

I like the way T4 CVs are designed in the game

8 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
15,195 posts
11,740 battles

As in it's total [edited]to play stock T4 CVs against fully upgraded T5 CVs.

A few things first

• Yes, I know CVs are being reworked... eventually
  • Yes, I am well aware I also have a T5 CV on my team... that could also do nothing at all
  • Yes, I am well aware that you can coordinate your fighters with a friendly fighter... and both red CVs will do that also
  • Yes, I am well aware of dragging the fight over friendly AA... in T4/5... right

So, with that out of the way...

I felt that I had zero counter-play I could do against the red CVs. They matched our teamwork tit for tat. I couldn't rely on any other ship to provide AA support to win the dog fight. Their fighters were fully upgraded, ours were not. This not only meant their fighters were stronger, they were also much faster than what we could put up, along with the amount of reserves they had.

This experience would have given me a great sense of euphoria... had I been a masochist.

• "Oh, you don't have a 19pt captain for your T4 CV? Welp, them's a clubbin"
  • "Oh, you don't have any upgrades on your CVs? Welp, them's a clubbin"
  • "Oh, you only have a T5 CV and are matched against T6/7 CVs that have alt attacks? Welp, them's a clubbin"

It almost felt as if WG wants to alienate anyone who picks up a CV.

I also offer very EZ FIXES

• Remove 2CV matches from the game entirely
  • Alternatively, if you keep 2CV matches, you should make it so that the game is consistent and allows 2CV matches in T10
  • Divisioned CVs should only match against Divisioned CVs
  • Solo CVs should only match against Solo CVs
  • Remove CV anchor divisions
  • Alternatively, CV anchor divisions should only match against each other
Edited by MrDeaf
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SANK]
Members
248 posts
5,791 battles

Wait till you take an 11pt captain, and a fully outfitted CV into a battle where you attack the 6 (or sometimes 4) enemy fighters with your 7 fighters and they shoot all of yours down without losing 1. [REDACTED] you RNGesus.......... :Smile_izmena::Smile_teethhappy:

[SYN]
Members
15,195 posts
11,740 battles
3 minutes ago, Billy2Hawks said:

Wait till you take an 11pt captain, and a fully outfitted CV into a battle where you attack the 6 (or sometimes 4) enemy fighters with your 7 fighters and they shoot all of yours down without losing 1. [REDACTED] you RNGesus.......... :Smile_izmena::Smile_teethhappy:

IKR?

MUCH BALANS

MUCH COUNTERPLAY

SO INTERACTIVE

SO ENGAGING

[SF-A]
Members
2,993 posts
6,238 battles

No, no guys, removing manual attacks from T4/5 makes the learning curve easier...

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,447 posts
5,347 battles

CV is dead. The only people that are left playing are clubbers, unicums, and their food. I see very few "average" CV players, particularly at high tier. They are either god-tier or terrible.

[WOLF6]
Members
821 posts
6,984 battles

I won't play a CV in Randoms until I've got everything upgraded in Co-Op and an 11 point captain - period.  If you take anything less into a game at any tier you are putting your team at a huge disadvantage.  

Is that fair?  Dunno.  But it's the way it is and I've had no trouble getting my CVs ready for Randoms.

[ARGSY]
Members
9,514 posts
6,238 battles

I free-XP'd to the Langley in order to play carriers outside of PTS and make my eight-year-old happy. It's the only time I've ever FXP'd past ships. I don't take it outside of co-op and I have a great time and the lad is amused to watch,  but I know Random Battles carrier play just isn't for me.

[YAN]
Members
1,648 posts
7,944 battles
36 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

IKR?

MUCH BALANS

MUCH COUNTERPLAY

SO INTERACTIVE

SO ENGAGING

CV play across the entire game tbh. Rework cant come soon enough.

Sign in to follow this