You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BrushWolf

It Finally Happened to Me, Pink from a Collision.

11 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
18,686 posts
10,769 battles

Had my Kurfurst out and was working on hammering a Missouri that was giving me his broadside. While my guns were loading I looked up to see a near death Fletcher on a collision course. I slammed the throttles into reverse and threw the rudder over but just like the Titanic it was too little too late. Fifty points of damage and two games of breast cancer awareness. :Smile_teethhappy: We all got a good laugh out of it and I recovered for a 100K damage match but sadly we lost.

[GWG]
[GWG]
18,686 posts
10,769 battles
22 minutes ago, LiaoXanLan said:

Someone find that Fletcher captain so he can pay his fine. Highly irresponsible.

He tried to turn but it was too late.

[RKLES]
Members
8,867 posts
10,828 battles

Yeah had similar thing happen to me yesterday, only the “allied” ship ( the guy was pink and very useless much of the match) collided with a Torp. Learned valuable lesson though, If less than intelligent players are going to be on and following you closely, then keep spread sheet of the max possible speed and acceleration of every DD in the game since they might fly into the line of fire from behind you even if it means they are likely to die from the enemy ships shooting at them to accomplish this stunt instead of turning around like a sensible person would. I had not know that a DD like that could put on that much speed suddenly, must of had engine acceleration upgrade, Speed Flag, and speed boost Consumable going  to accomplish that stunt, and I do not always know the speed of every ship in the game since some are out of my ability to acquire and Wiki only shows the upgraded base speed of ships lol.

[MHG]
Members
65 posts
15,335 battles

They had an opportunity to make the TK mechanics better, and they have gotten it completely backward.  They should have made it so that the TK mechanics are fairly forgiving at first and become more strict as a player continues to commit infractions.  Instead, they've made it so that every infraction is penalized.  Not ideal.

Something similar happened to me when I was helping a buddy get started on warships - we were together, both shooting at the same target and drifted too close together.  One of his salvos hit me, I put out the fire immediately and we corrected our positions.  He turned pink anyway.  Just silly.

Now, picture the situation where you have few HP left and your team is winning handily - want to ram a friendly and stick him with pink status?  Feel free!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,942 posts

In chat:   Hey!!  What's up with all these GREEN players?

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
18,686 posts
10,769 battles
1 hour ago, CuriousShadow said:

They had an opportunity to make the TK mechanics better, and they have gotten it completely backward.  They should have made it so that the TK mechanics are fairly forgiving at first and become more strict as a player continues to commit infractions.  Instead, they've made it so that every infraction is penalized.  Not ideal.

Something similar happened to me when I was helping a buddy get started on warships - we were together, both shooting at the same target and drifted too close together.  One of his salvos hit me, I put out the fire immediately and we corrected our positions.  He turned pink anyway.  Just silly.

Now, picture the situation where you have few HP left and your team is winning handily - want to ram a friendly and stick him with pink status?  Feel free!

They should probably take collision damage out unless it goes on for more than a few seconds.

[NSC]
[NSC]
Members
238 posts
5,156 battles

I have a story that I would tell about a Cleveland in a battle last night but, the language would be R rated at least... If this were a 976 number, maybe. Suffice to say there was plenty of team damage. Fortunately not enough to wear pink.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I have been Pink more since the "New" rules of engagement have taken effect.

Once a week is now the norm for me.

Although the system is working as intended it needs to be "Tweaked"

Tweaked so hard the whole Team damage rules are removed from the game. { it isn't used in scenarios } 

It doesn't change the game one bit. 

So my concern is "Why Wargaming is it still a thing?"  

[RWBY]
Members
158 posts
1,771 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

He tried to turn but it was too late.

He still needs to pay his fine... I’ll be generous. :cap_yes:

• Funny 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
8,933 battles

Found out a new thing with the whole pink thing.....damaged a Fiji last night when I was in my Mutsuki, I should have been more careful with my torps....but I was low on health and I guess the damage penalty for hitting him exceeded my remaining HP so I blew up! I was shown as having killed myself with team kill penalty. So, yes, I was punished but so was my team in that even though I made a mistake I was no longer able to help my team. Seems odd the double punish the team for one's mistake.