Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sasquatch_research

German cruiser Nerf coming?

15 comments in this topic

Members
1,804 posts
9,525 battles

Hey

There is a Wargaming post about changing the German cruisers Roon and Hindenberg reload times from 10 to 11 seconds.  Not a big nerf but a Nerf just the same.

Pete

• Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
20,340 posts
13,798 battles
1 minute ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Sorry, but 1 whole second is just not a nerf. It changes nothing.

Going from 6 RPM to 5.4 RPM is definitely a nerf, but to be honest, they kinda deserve it. They'll still remain very stronk botes.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
3,063 posts
14,536 battles

Seconds count in a knife fight with a red cruiser or a BB at close suicide range. Other then that I don't think this is a game changer for the German cruisers.

Edited by Navalpride33

[WOLFG]
[WOLFG]
Members
952 posts
7,022 battles

I'm honestly shocked it took them this long. The Hindy is the best HE spamming T10 Cruiser in the game at the moment, eclipsing even the Zao, and the IJN were supposed to be the ones with the dominant HE power. +1 second reload isn't insignificant, but it will not diminish how strong the ship is. 

I do disagree that the Roon needed it though. I think with only 9 guns, and an sup-optimal gun arrangement, that the Roon was fine. But whatever. 

Edited by Falls_USMC

Members
5,299 posts
6,051 battles

It'll just make their reload 9.something second with MBM3, right? Instead of the current 8.8? Doesn't seem like a huge difference. Much like Baltimore vs. Buffalo(granted, I peronally think Buffalo could lose that .4 seconds when you're using MBM3. Sorry, I don't remember the reload time without the module)

[FG]
Members
26 posts
6,709 battles

I don't see why the Roon needs a nerf but ok. 

Also wish they would have gone after the HE instead for the Hindy and left the AP power untouched... but I suppose that would hit the Roon and Hipper then so... eh

[WALET]
Members
3 posts
2,481 battles

I am fine with this change. I am currently on the Roon making my way to the Hindy, but I don't think this change will impact my playstyle at all. 

Members
1,804 posts
9,525 battles

Hey

On a side note to this subject:  I find it interesting that Wargaming wants to Nerf the Reload times of the Hindy and Roon (Not needed IMHO) because of the potential power they have especially for starting fires, and yet we have RN BB's that have an insane fire chances over their direct competitors.  I was glad to see the recent changes to the Hipper and PE, to at least make them different from each other but I still don't think there will be much of an influx in the playing of those 2 ships.  Seems like wargaming would have been better to buff the weaker cruisers rather than slightly hitting the Hindy/Roon  (how long before the Nerf Bat hits again if this doesn't work?  Or you have other ships like Atago which could easily use more range on it's main guns.  I would like to see Japanese DD's get better concealment on their torpedo's if I had my way.  Now we have the proliferation of Radar which is getting almost out of hand for the DD player trying to get caps.   So what are we really balancing here for game play sake??

Pete

[AFW]
Members
90 posts
24,916 battles
On 6/6/2018 at 1:08 PM, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Sorry, but 1 whole second is just not a nerf. It changes nothing.

that is 10% off its DPM, a big nerf.

Currently, the average damage of Hindy is about 77k.  10% off will be around 70K.

Do you think it is nothing?

Edited by HillRock1
  • Cool 1

Members
187 posts
12,520 battles

Hindenburg is a favorite of higher skill players due to it's versatility despite lacking radar excelling in CQB, thus it's stats are therefore likely better to due to more better than average people do more in it. That said I don't think the NA meta is the target of this nerf more likely this is incoming due to how it fares on the RU server, due to Hindenburg's performance causing maximum carnage in short order at CQB ranges and the RU server's tendency toward that sort of gameplay.

Edited by Teske
expanding original thought

Members
1,804 posts
9,525 battles

Hey

Some folks have expressed the fact that the Hindy/Roon Nerf was needed, overdue and what not BUT then Wargaming doubles the Moskva armor to 50mm.  Gee, does that seem like balancing in the right direction?   Not to mention the Zao got 12 km torps now and yet Hindy/Roon have to make due with 6 km torps at T10, at least give them 8 km torps of the T6 Graf Spee.  More evidence of that balancing?  Let's just build them all and have the identical stats for "balancing purposes" and only make the skins different, or we can just further Nerf anything that people like to play (Alsace).

Pete

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this