You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

Consistentsy?

28 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,575 battles

The frustration of ships. Monday 87% win rate mostly playing the Roon over 21 battles, Tuesday mostly playing Tier 9-10 17 battles 41% win rate same ships played same unicum stats by me but vastly inferior teammates.

Pretty much sums up the last month.

Members
363 posts
3,874 battles

One possibility is that "Schools out for the summer!"  Teams are going to be more inconsistent now. 

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,212 battles
Just now, 1dennistt said:

One possibility is that "Schools out for the summer!"  Teams are going to be more inconsistent now. 

Spoiler alert. School isnt out. 

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Members
363 posts
3,874 battles

It was out here in late May.   But it definitely depends on where your are and on whether or not you got stuck in summer school or are taking courses over the summer.

[MEIST]
Members
1,055 posts
4,175 battles
27 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Double spoiler alert it is in many places.

• Funny 1

[A-I-M]
Members
1,513 posts
8,148 battles
41 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Spoiler spoiler alert: It's out in other places. Your schedule isn't the only schedule.

And if it's out anywhere, then to that same extent, it's out in the WoWs matchmaker.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea
typo
  • Funny 1

[WORX]
Members
3,085 posts
14,577 battles
46 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

same unicum stats by me but vastly inferior teammates.

My inquisitive nature gets the best of me but I have to ask. Why are you comparing individual WR (mainly yours) with the play style of your teammates ? Why are you so obsessed with stats? What your individual WR tells me, is your mastery/consistency of a ship in general. It may even tell me if you play the objective or your a filthy Conqueror DMG farmer.  Sometimes its best to forget about stats and just "play the objective"  and have fun doing it. IF anything I recommend you to do so as well. All in all there is only so much you can do but other things you cant, its out of your hands.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Bad 1

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,212 battles
7 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Spoiler spoiler alert: It's out in other places. Your schedule isn't the only schedule.

And if it's out anywhere, then to that same extent, it's out in the WoWs matchmaker.

Then WOWS MM would be [edited] constantly considering school is out at different times. So please explain how school being out would have an affect on this game? Also its not **kids** usually ruining these games. Its usually older ppl that havent grown up to the 21st century video games. (Dont bring up mario kart, super smash bros or other crap.) im talking about the more advanced games that require a lot more attention, skill and strategy.

therefore if anything kids would have more of a basic understanding of the game rather then one of you're coworkers downloading the game one night to try it out.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

This summer I am making it my mission to ease my way into destroyers. I want to git gud at another vital support role. Having provided spotting for all kinds of players, in a CV, I know that even bad players can do quite well with an information advantage. So if I can add that to capping abilities, then theoretically I should survive the summer.

[TBW]
Members
7,229 posts
13,353 battles
15 minutes ago, cometguy said:

This summer I am making it my mission to ease my way into destroyers. I want to git gud at another vital support role. Having provided spotting for all kinds of players, in a CV, I know that even bad players can do quite well with an information advantage. So if I can add that to capping abilities, then theoretically I should survive the summer.

Spotting does help the team win and capping does at least something to help your score. It is also the role of the DDs to do just that. Without damage it doesn't pay the bills too great. Definitely, good spotting wins games though.

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles

Unless you think you are better than a 66% WR player (the weighted average of those two days) the only thing this says is that you are not comfortable with variation in life.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,513 posts
8,148 battles
2 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Then WOWS MM would be [edited] constantly considering school is out at different times. So please explain how school being out would have an affect on this game? Also its not **kids** usually ruining these games. Its usually older ppl that havent grown up to the 21st century video games. (Dont bring up mario kart, super smash bros or other crap.) im talking about the more advanced games that require a lot more attention, skill and strategy.

therefore if anything kids would have more of a basic understanding of the game rather then one of you're coworkers downloading the game one night to try it out.

Luke: "Obi-wan, is the butthurt strong with this one?"

Obi-wan: "No, young Luke, the butthurt is weak with this one, but it is loud, and poorly written."

Luke: "But why, Obi-Wan?"

Obi-Wan: "The Force of the truth has hit close to home with this one. But come - let us move along. This is not the butthurt we are looking for."

[RST]
Members
180 posts
17,254 battles
1 hour ago, IronMike11B4O said:

The frustration of ships. Monday 87% win rate mostly playing the Roon over 21 battles, Tuesday mostly playing Tier 9-10 17 battles 41% win rate same ships played same unicum stats by me but vastly inferior teammates.

Pretty much sums up the last month.

Yeah. I had the same issue. Though it was a little of me playing under what I know I can do and the team melting on the flank. Have battles where me in 1 other would hold on a flank keeping the other team advancing. On the attack side...the team gets decimated. 

• Cool 1

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,212 battles
5 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Luke: "Obi-wan, is the butthurt strong with this one?"

Obi-wan: "No, young Luke, the butthurt is weak with this one, but it is loud, and poorly written."

Luke: "But why, Obi-Wan?"

Obi-Wan: "The Force of the truth has hit close to home with this one. But come - let us move along. This is not the butthurt we are looking for."

No im just tired of people blaming kids for everything

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,575 battles
35 minutes ago, Punisher_One said:

Figures, an E7 Grunt can't spell consistency.  Hooah!  (95B30)

I knew it was wrong but spell check was like OK. Also there are only 2 MOS's 11Bravo and 11B support. Have a Hoooah day! :)

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
9 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Spotting does help the team win and capping does at least something to help your score. It is also the role of the DDs to do just that. Without damage it doesn't pay the bills too great. Definitely, good spotting wins games though.

I found a way to live with low CV income, so I think I'll manage that. I would hope my damage will increase with time, but I'll try to focus on increasing overall damage dealt by the team.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
7,229 posts
13,353 battles
Just now, cometguy said:

I found a way to live with low CV income, so I think I'll manage that. I would hope my damage will increase with time, but I'll try to focus on increasing overall damage dealt by the team.

When your torps get hits you do quite well, just not always and like you said the spotting is one of the most important factors contributing to a  team win.

• Cool 1

Members
1,089 posts
7,025 battles

There are 4 types of players in this game. 

1- The player who spends tons of time learning what to do, has high skill and cares a lot about winning and stats.

2- The player who spends tons of time learning, has average skill and cares about winning and stats.

3- The player who spends little time learning, has average to low skill and only somewhat cares about winning. Some do care about stats but not enough to put the effort in to improving.

4- The player who just does not care about learning , winning and cares nothing about stats and even many hate stats. 

Sadly the game has more players that fill the 3 and 4 positions.

• Cool 3

[RKLES]
Members
8,876 posts
10,828 battles
1 hour ago, 1dennistt said:

This ^ is exactly what is going on right now and will go on until September

Members
291 posts
14,908 battles

Navalpride33:  It is true that "performance statistics" (e.g., Warships.Today's "WTR") do not always accurately reflect "one's contribution to winning battles"; however, one's aggregate statistics are a good indicator of a person's general skill level.  I think IronMike was simply trying to point out that he isn't the stereotypical "tries really hard but consistently under-performs and is essentially a boat anchor for the team" kind of player, and that during the days he indicated, the "match making" seemed very inconsistent. 

If WG really wants to keep their customers happy, it would be SUPER FREAKING NICE if the "match maker logic" would take into consideration general skill level so that one doesn't have to endure potato team after potato team every other day.

Members
382 posts

Actually, I was an M60A1 tanker my first three years and we used grunts as track pad lube. I sure miss the camaraderie and fun rivalries. 

Edited by Punisher_One