Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
pyantoryng

US carrier: Always shafted

2 comments in this topic

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,808 posts
4,780 battles

Midway's special upgrade: +30% attack plane HP,  -5% plane cruise speed.

Hakuryu's special upgrade: +15% fighter HP, +5% plane cruise speed.

As someone who is insane enough to pick Evasive Maneuver as one of the skills for his 19-pointer (stuck on Lex)...it's no use. Even with +75% from EM the poor T8 torpedo planes won't easily survive tier 10 AA. What can 30% do along slowing the already downtiered fighters to boot? I can't say anything for the Kaiser Tier X bombers, but I doubt that 4000+ HP would save them from destruction on their return trip...or Hakuryu's enhanced fighters (the increased HP would make it harder for gunners to shoot down, and stands better chance to obliterate before running out of ammo)...

This is not final though so all is not lost...not that it matters, because carrier rework is in the works, and who wants Midway outside of watching it in its full glory in the port?

Just another day in a US carrier captain's life...:Smile_facepalm:

[NIUB]
Members
17 posts
3,285 battles
On 6/6/2018 at 8:07 AM, pyantoryng said:

Midway's special upgrade: +30% attack plane HP,  -5% plane cruise speed.

Hakuryu's special upgrade: +15% fighter HP, +5% plane cruise speed.

As someone who is insane enough to pick Evasive Maneuver as one of the skills for his 19-pointer (stuck on Lex)...it's no use. Even with +75% from EM the poor T8 torpedo planes won't easily survive tier 10 AA. What can 30% do along slowing the already downtiered fighters to boot? I can't say anything for the Kaiser Tier X bombers, but I doubt that 4000+ HP would save them from destruction on their return trip...or Hakuryu's enhanced fighters (the increased HP would make it harder for gunners to shoot down, and stands better chance to obliterate before running out of ammo)...

This is not final though so all is not lost...not that it matters, because carrier rework is in the works, and who wants Midway outside of watching it in its full glory in the port?

Just another day in a US carrier captain's life...:Smile_facepalm:

Yea what the h--- is up with the speed.  After the F6F, no, NO IJN aircraft should be faster than USN fighters.

Sign in to follow this