You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

The One Mod Everyone Should be Using

16 comments in this topic

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,571 posts
5,263 battles

Score Countdown... so much vital info...  do yourself a favor and try it out.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[DENY]
Members
393 posts
7,762 battles

Mod name is only mentioned once in the video, it's called Score Timer, and is in Aslains ModPack.

Edited by Xanthro
  • Cool 1

[NLIST]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,933 posts
10,549 battles

My adhd can't handle anymore on the screen than what is shown with literally everything but the absolute basics turned off. I can't handle this in my game

[DENY]
Members
393 posts
7,762 battles
7 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

Meh, I've been playing so long... I already calculate this on the fly in my brain.

I'm really really good at that calculation as well, but I lost a match because I was a few seconds off on a calculation. It was a 2 on 1 vs me, with 3 minutes left, we had the cap and point lead, and the choice was going dark and protecting a cap or killing a wounded CA, I went dark and they won by less than 5 seconds.

Using this mod you still have to do mental calculations, as it does not take into account what players WILL do, such as getting into a cap to stop points, but it gives a more accurate representation of who is winning.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,206 posts

In this game? People still living in the dream world where we actually have a competent player base?:Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
9,601 posts
6,255 battles

Useful for spectators in streamed games, and for when things are nail-bitingly close on points with a ships vs. caps imbalance.

The rest of the time, I'm not so sure. Still, with the exception of a somewhat more cluttered screen, there are no obvious downsides.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,129 posts
13,819 battles

As a CC, shouldn't you be using the Official WG Mod Station?

Their Mod Station updates for each patch, so no waiting for updated 3rd party mods.

This feature, that you recommended, is imcluded.

[TOG]
Members
3,266 posts
17,141 battles

Huh, will have to try it out. It's nice to figure out like PUSH NOW! or PULL BACK! I have seen to many teams pull defeat from the jaws of victory.

[TBW]
Members
7,195 posts
13,335 battles

Yet another zoom out mod, YAZOM is the one that's needed. It helps to not torp your own team when they are encroaching on your ship. Better peripheral vision.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
7,370 battles

Implemented in WoT, not transferred to WoWS. Great intra company communicaion WG has, clearly ran by competent people.

• Funny 1

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,571 posts
5,263 battles
3 hours ago, Xanthro said:

I'm really really good at that calculation as well, but I lost a match because I was a few seconds off on a calculation. It was a 2 on 1 vs me, with 3 minutes left, we had the cap and point lead, and the choice was going dark and protecting a cap or killing a wounded CA, I went dark and they won by less than 5 seconds.

Using this mod you still have to do mental calculations, as it does not take into account what players WILL do, such as getting into a cap to stop points, but it gives a more accurate representation of who is winning.

From a personal "when to push" perspective, for sure...  but it does help tell you if you are kind of in that danger zone...  it's a tool.  One more tool for the arsenal.