You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
renegadestatuz

Dev Blog-ST Hindenburg and Roon

30 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
7,655 posts
8,050 battles

ST. German cruisers Hindenburg and Roon.

Main battery reload time for the 203 mm L/60 Drh LC/34 is increased from 10 to 11 s.

High tier German cruisers were overperforming a bit in all types of battles and were irreplaceable among other cruisers for damaging from the longer range. Increased reload time will bring the ships in line with the other cruisers, while keeping their national traits and not affecting their gameplay in any negative ways.

[NLIST]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,933 posts
10,568 battles

1 second will not change much.

[APOC-]
Beta Testers
328 posts
4,078 battles
1 minute ago, Komrade_Rylo said:

1 second will not change much.

No it won't.

I love the attempts to rebalance ships at T10, unusual for WG, but nice to see.

Hindy is/was the strongest CA in game, a little adjustment is justified.

• Cool 2

[NLIST]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,933 posts
10,568 battles
6 minutes ago, FirstOfOne said:

No it won't.

I love the attempts to rebalance ships at T10, unusual for WG, but nice to see.

Hindy is/was the strongest CA in game, a little adjustment is justified.

Eh, I find moskva and dm stronger. Radar is far to useful in the random meta to not count either as the strongest. 

• Cool 2

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

They’re getting worse than the FIA when it comes to changing stuff.

Edited by SavageTactical

[HINON]
Supertester
7,655 posts
8,050 battles
1 minute ago, SavageTactical said:

They’re getting worse than the FIA when it comes to changing the stuff.

At least the FIA is consistent and only implements changes once a year lol.

Members
2,255 posts

Good thing I'll be playing my ZAO from now on... This is why I don't bother with normal ships. They never leave them alone. Always messing with them.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,877 posts
13,869 battles
17 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

Good thing I'll be playing my ZAO from now on... This is why I don't bother with normal ships. They never leave them alone. Always messing with them.

Don't bother with normal ships, so you'll play Zao. Got it. :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 1

Members
2,255 posts
2 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Don't bother with normal ships, so you'll play Zao. Got it. :Smile-_tongue:

Well, I got over 50 ships and All but 5 of them are normal. I got 1,150,000,000 credits too because I don't level any ships up. I got LOADS of camo... Just sitting there.

I got 5 T10's I barely play... Was a waste of my time really. Less then 1k battles from 7,600.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,463 posts
11,457 battles

What a difference the last few weeks have made to Hipper to Roon.

Now Hipper's up at 11.5s reload and Roon's (with this change) only got a slight edge at 11.0. It used to be Hipper with a 13s reload and Roon with 10s.

The output 'used' to be 54 (or 60.1 with the module) v. 36.8, which I think indicated just how poor Hipper was in comparison, now it's 49 (54.9) vs. 41.6 - a huge narrowing.

[DRACS]
Members
4,330 posts

Saw a Hindy nerf coming from a mile away. Was just a matter of time. Wasn't expecting it on Roon, though.

Edited by KaptainKaybe

[APOC-]
Beta Testers
328 posts
4,078 battles
59 minutes ago, Komrade_Rylo said:

Eh, I find moskva and dm stronger. Radar is far to useful in the random meta to not count either as the strongest. 

I think T10 is the most balanced tier in the game. But if i had to pick a "best all around CA" for all maps and circumstances it would still be hindy. But the others do what they do very well.

[KNMSU]
Members
5,181 posts
5,424 battles
45 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

While this is a disjointed point, I agree. Why even pick a favorite from the tree? You never know when Wargaming is going to drop trou and crap all over it.

[-AA-]
Members
1,756 posts
6,674 battles
55 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

We all know you have read the other posts of Renegadestatuz regarding Zao's new torpedo set and legendary consumable. Zao will be the new boss at tier 10 ;D

Edited by LemonadeWarrior

[HINON]
Supertester
7,655 posts
8,050 battles
15 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

We all know you have read the other posts of Renegadestatuz regarding Zao's new torpedo set and legendary consumable. Zao will be the new boss at tier 10 ;D

:cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,448 posts
5,361 battles

That is a tiny, but reasonable, change. I would rather see very small incremental changes like this than massive buffs or nerfs all in one go. This will be a very tiny drop in DPM, and both of those ships are stupid good compared to other tier IX and X cruisers.

[NGAGE]
Members
4,293 posts
6,303 battles

My heart says no.....but I can't logically disagree with the nerf.  I'm just curious to see if WG is going to make any balancing changes to the other Tier 10 cruisers.  They seem to be on a roll with first the Zao, and now the Hindenburg.  

*edit

But man, there was just something so nice about the Hindenburg having an even 10 second reload.  If anything the nerf hurts me the most for what it's done to my OCD, rather than my Hindenburg.  

Edited by yashma

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,399 posts
9,221 battles
1 hour ago, Komrade_Rylo said:

Radar is only effective if there are other ships to shoot the target and said target has over extended. Hindenburg is oppressively op.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,575 battles
42 minutes ago, TugboatCommander said:

I usually run Main Battery Mod 3 on my Hindenburg anyway, so even after the reload change, it should still be under 10 seconds.

From 8.8 to 9.8 it will hurt Roon the most with the missing turret.

[DRACS]
Members
4,330 posts
1 hour ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Uhm ... have you seen the Hindy upgrade? It turns an already very tanky cruiser into a monster that just doesn't care about fires, flooding or module damage. It's as if DCP is a decorative consumable.

Fact of the matter is that Hindy needed a bit of a nerf and Zao needed a bit of a buff. Hindy had noticeably better rate of fire (8.8s with reload mod vs Zao's 13.7 since all Zaos took the range upgrade), much more health, much better armor, and while Zao's HE is very strong, Hindy's was more reliable due to quarter pen. Oh and Hindy has much better AA and much better Hydro to boot.

As for those complaining about having grinded for this boat ... some of us have her since before the HE pen and 27mm plating buff. Those of you who grinded her out after likely did so because, well, flavor of the month. The same way so many players grinded out the Conqueror. But balance changes happen and they happen for a reason. If your ship is grossly overperforming across the board, why are you even surprised when it does?

[YETI]
Members
120 posts
5,936 battles

WG giveth ( HE pen buff )

WG taketh ( reload nerf ) 

sigh ... :cap_wander: