Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
My_no_no_spot

Animated characters, what direction is this game going?

22 comments in this topic

Members
180 posts
11,608 battles

I know the animated characters have been around since the ARP ship lines debuted but when is enough, ENOUGH?  Is the marketing goal to bring in more players under the age of 12 or is there some underlying meaning I may have missed?   

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 5

[DAKI]
Supertester
9 posts
5,187 battles

More crossovers = More money, nothing else to think about
Also more anime is always better

Edited by HatsuzukiKai
  • Cool 4
  • Bad 2

[PNP]
Members
397 posts
3,201 battles

"Enough" is when players stop shelling money for these collabs. Until then, I see no reason why WG should stop doing these collabs because it means more potential revenue. It's business. Also, its nice enough that WG implemented options to block this kind of stuff if one desires. 

Edited by RighteousRhyno
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
8,108 posts
7,108 battles
6 minutes ago, _ECSO_Sgt_088 said:

Is the marketing goal to bring in more players under the age of 12

Someone has obviously no idea what anime can be like...

• Cool 5
  • Bad 2

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
3,101 posts
4,527 battles
12 minutes ago, _ECSO_Sgt_088 said:

I know the animated characters have been around since the ARP ship lines debuted but when is enough, ENOUGH?  Is the marketing goal to bring in more players under the age of 12 or is there some underlying meaning I may have missed?   

Seinfeld is not meant for 12 Y/O 

[POP]
Beta Testers
3,833 posts
5,608 battles

japan is friend of usa now,ww2 is over,cold war ended long ago.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,718 posts
9,954 battles

Trying to reach the broadest audience of course.

They don't actually care what the audiences think of each other.

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
3,101 posts
4,527 battles
12 minutes ago, HatsuzukiKai said:

More crossovers = More money, nothing else to think about
Also more anime is always better

And also more waifus...

• Funny 1

Members
1,484 posts
9,672 battles

You can always block it. I like some of the ships; the 'screeching' captains, not so much. A friend blocks it all, which makes for some interesting division chat.

Example: Him: "hey, kill that Myoko, he's about to come around that island and blast me! Me: Um, what Myoko? All I see is a Haruna. Him: He's right there, kill him! Me: you mean Haruna, right?"

• Funny 1

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
679 posts
5,389 battles

Why is it that every time I get linked to forums, it’s never for a good thing? I get linked to the forums every day too...

Members
1,484 posts
9,672 battles
1 minute ago, mrmariokartguy said:

Why is it that every time I get linked to forums, it’s never for a good thing? I get linked to the forums every day too...

To get you away from Mario. He's evil.

Members
251 posts
17,171 battles

And when is enough historical trash ENOUGH? 

This is a game, not a book for the uncultured people.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[WOLF9]
Members
1,034 posts
4,562 battles
42 minutes ago, _ECSO_Sgt_088 said:

If you don't like or don't want to see the anime content or any of the other extra content WG provides in WoWs, you can turn it off in your port. 

06-04-2018 WoWs screenshot_001.jpg

• Cool 1

[CUTER]
Members
809 posts
20,959 battles
14 minutes ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

And when is enough historical trash ENOUGH? 

This is a game, not a book for the uncultured people.

The historian in me may disagree, but I 100% stand by your right to enjoy the game the way you do with anime.  Honestly, I think it brings a nice balance to this game in that it is not overly serious, has the ability to adapt to the needs and wants of a larger pool of players all the while still realizing the goals of us traditional war types.  I even bought one of the Azur Lane captains because it is an event that seems pretty cool.  Just wish others could see the balance...and remember it is an Arcade Game.  

Edited by Kongo_Pride
  • Cool 1

Members
78 posts
4,030 battles

Animation in a video game? Say it ain't so. Seriously, the historical aspect of this game is a novelty just like the anime collabs WG has been producing. WG has provided players the option to remove these skins from the game. In this case, though, these are Captains that will only be seen in port. You won't see it during the battle, you won't hear it during the battle (if the right voice settings are selected - minimal effort to do), and you don't have to buy it.

Now, I do ask why are players ticked off about a feature that they won't even see in game unless they actually buy it? Is it's presence on the website that offensive to the point they have to take to the forum and comment section of that link (that they don't have to click on) and whine about it? If it offends you and exists on the internet, ignore it and carry on with your life.  World of Warships is a game and behind each game is a business. This is just a marketing strategy WG is using to make money to pay its programmers and provide new content for us.

Edited by American_Ace_96
  • Cool 1

[LEGIT]
Members
944 posts
7,388 battles
55 minutes ago, _ECSO_Sgt_088 said:

You will be surprised that 30 to 40% of the anime industry is R18+... 

Edited by KAGA_kaini

Members
3,077 posts
3,412 battles
45 minutes ago, mrmariokartguy said:

Clearly people crave and wish to be blessed by your presence. :cap_like:

Members
2,509 posts
6,960 battles
1 hour ago, SireneRacker said:

Someone has obviously no idea what anime can be like...

*stares at Akame Ga Kill, Full Metal Alchemist and Madoka Magica*

Community Department
2,514 posts
680 battles
1 hour ago, _ECSO_Sgt_088 said:

35 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

If you don't like or don't want to see the anime content or any of the other extra content WG provides in WoWs, you can turn it off in your port. 

Spoiler

06-04-2018 WoWs screenshot_001.jpg

Since we have filter in the port all such topics look strange. Turn the content off, and you'll never see them again.  
For all of us collaboration is a good chance to invite more gamers to the project. I don't see here any conserns. 
No need to continue this topic in my opinion. 

• Cool 4