You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gamegunner

if a new ship tree was added, what whould it be?

87 comments in this topic

[RLBAD]
[RLBAD]
Members
69 posts
2,016 battles

What Wows is us pretty much getting excited for a new ship line, i.e., British and French battleships. But this forum is to see what the upcoming new trees will be. There has been quite the talk about German carriers and they already have the Graf Zeppelin as a premium tester ship. So I'm putting my doubloons on German CV's

[AAA]
Members
496 posts
7,727 battles

Guess people will take any amount of doubloons you are willing to bet on the German CV line. I guess the next upcoming tech tree line is the Italian BB line as per many :)

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,244 posts
4,261 battles

Wouldn't German CV line be 100% paper ships? AFAIK, even Graf Zepplin wasn't even completed. I would say no.

Italian BB or cruiser line seems plausible. So is Britich DD line, also plausible. Or how about... more line splits?

• Cool 2

[RLBAD]
[RLBAD]
Members
69 posts
2,016 battles

I still think that german carriers are the best way because 

A: the only carrier lines in the game are IJN and USA

B: we already have a test ship for it

C: you do the math

• Bad 1

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,484 posts
5,762 battles

German carriers? Really? They only produced one carrier. And it didn't even work or see service, along with being a downright awful design. The German CV line would be more paper than the Russian cruiser/destroyer line!

British DDs, another USN DD line branch, or something Italian (preferably cruisers) would be nice.

Edited by Cruiser_StLouis
  • Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
3,539 posts

I would really like to see French DDs. The Aigle has a different take on DD play and a line could be interesting. 

Edited by Wombatmetal
  • Cool 2

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,244 posts
4,261 battles

If you really want a third carrier line, I can't think of any other than maybe... British? They actually had functional carriers during the war, you know. Maybe some of the higher tier ships might have to be paper ships, but still far plausible than Germans, me thinks.

• Cool 4

[NMKJT]
Members
3,539 posts
2 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

If you really want a third carrier line, I can't think of any other than maybe... British? They actually had functional carriers during the war, you know. Maybe some of the higher tier ships might have to be paper ships, but still far plausible than Germans, me thinks.

Did the Germans ever make a second carrier? I think there would be a lot of paper ships, and while WeeGee has shown a propensity for paper vehicles across its titles, there are real British CVs to do easily. But, I would not expect a new CV line until the rebalance. 

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,244 posts
4,261 battles

I have a hunch that in future, eventually, the every single line of USN ships will be split, since USA had such a large number of diverse ships, and USN will be nation with most number and type of ships available to grind. Kinda sounds awesome, if you ask me, lol.

1 minute ago, Wombatmetal said:

Did the Germans ever make a second carrier? I think there would be a lot of paper ships, and while WeeGee has shown a propensity for paper vehicles across its titles, there are real British CVs to do easily. But, I would not expect a new CV line until the rebalance. 

I don't think so. Germans didn't even complete the Grafy. I doubt they had any interest in a second one.

[POP]
Beta Testers
3,806 posts
5,577 battles

russian BBs,your imperialist british CVs can wait.

• Boring 1

[OO7]
Members
4,016 posts
10,678 battles

German carriers, if they ever happen, will be an extremely long ways down the road. I would bet on British DD's at this point, followed by either French DD's or Italian Cruisers. We will not see Italian BB's before Italian cruisers as BB's start at t3 and you would need 3 cruisers at least to start the line. The only line that was a departure from that was the PA DD's and that is because there won't be a cruiser line for PA.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Madagascar Navy 

Wooden Long Boats  made from Baobab Trees, Dugout to fit a crew of 45 oarsmen, and one 12 pounder cannon on the bow and one midships facing forward.

bzEvNex.jpglK9lBLn.jpg

Edited by CLUCH_CARGO
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
1,679 posts
3,820 battles

Considering how lacking the UK tree is I think they will get first dibs come quarter one 2019. It is almost certain at this point that Russian battleships will arrive by fall according to various files and past q&a’s and the tradition to reveal a bb line at Gamescon. Italy will follow with cruisers most likely in the winter time. Next year UK something is going to happen Destroyers or Carriers one is going to happen. Existing nations such as Pan Asian could get a cruiser line or commonwealth could get a dd line or a cruiser line. Usually a premium is introduced first followed a year or more later with a full line of ships. 2019 may be the year of the destroyers UK and French destroyers may occur full lines. IJN may be getting a destroyer line based on deep water torps or a cruiser line split to light and heavy. Then perhaps a USN BB split may happen by Christmas. This is all speculative thought FYI.

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
353 posts
7,755 battles

right now we know some new lines what will be coming out ie. US CL/CA split. Also the finishing of the IJN split DD line.  My speculation for this year well see French or UK DD and probably an Italian CL/cA tree

• Cool 1

[PHRA]
Members
78 posts
9,382 battles

It would really be nice to see ether Italian Cruisers or Russian Battleships in the next up coming tree.

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,482 posts
12,184 battles

I read elsewhere on here British DD line at the end of the year, and Russian BB start of 2019

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,809 posts
8,345 battles

The most likely candidates in no particular order:

• British Destroyers
  • French Destroyers
  • Italian Destroyers
  • Italian Cruisers
  • Italian Battleships
  • Soviet Battleships
  • British Aircraft Carriers
Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[CTTDS]
Members
45 posts
10,213 battles

The Brits had about 50ish ships capable of launching aircraft through-out the war.  Not all were traditional CVs though.  Imagine a floating iceberg CV.  

So there is plenty of material to fill a British CV line,  unlike the German fleet,   There was a line of British 8in Cruisers, but they all appear to be pre-WWII.   Might be difficult to flesh out a full 10 tier tree. 

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,244 posts
4,261 battles
5 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:
  • Italian Battleships
  • Soviet Battleships

I'm all for these two, lel.  :fish_cute_2:

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,009 posts
15,854 battles
1 hour ago, Gamegunner said:

I still think that german carriers are the best way because 

A: the only carrier lines in the game are IJN and USA

B: we already have a test ship for it

C: you do the math

There aren't enough German carriers to make an entire line, even including the paper ones and the stolen ones. Do that math.

• Cool 1