You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
chelle516

Friendly Fire

6 comments in this topic

Members
22 posts
17 battles

Does friendly  fire happen a lot, Just wanted to know? Don't people pay attention to there team colors and where they are shooting?

Chelle

[VVV]
Members
390 posts
2,387 battles

It happens sometimes, I've only been pink (The teamkilling color penalty) 5 times in 1,450 games. Some people get it often, usually there is at least one pink player in every two matches, which doesn't mean they are a horrible troll teamkiller, but means they made a mistake when aiming their guns or torps. 99% of people who are pink are fine, they play fairly and in the rules just like every other player, they just made a mistake in a previous match.

Also accidental ramming is very common, but not a big deal and is usually just someone not looking where they were going. Don't freak out if someone teamkills you or if you teamkill someone, it's fine.

Atlantic Rim's Guide to being Pink:

Spoiler

Did your name turn pink? If so, play any ship for 2-12 battles in any mode to remove the pink and go back to normal. (You can see how many games you have left to work off the pink in the Details tab in the Victory or Defeat screen. There are no other penalties unless you keep teamkilling (or team damaging).

If you did not turn pink, everything is fine and carry on playing, nothing will happen unless you keep teamkilling (or team damaging).

If you continue to damage or sink teammates after turning pink, you can be banned for days, weeks, months, or even forever.

[WORX]
Members
3,022 posts
14,508 battles

In a combat arcade game like WOWS, unfortunately friendly fire does happen and its part of the game. Its a normal occurrence  to see pink \. What you're not going to see is orange but those are for the worst of the worst.

[HYDRA]
Members
500 posts
2,536 battles

It happens, and there is only so much you can do to avoid it.  Also, you double posted.

[PSP]
Members
8,081 posts
1 hour ago, chelle516 said:

Does friendly  fire happen a lot, Just wanted to know? Don't people pay attention to there team colors and where they are shooting?

Chelle

I got torpedoed today while in my Gearing. After I started flooding I even started shooting at the enemy in hopes that they would sink me first but the friendly got the teamkill anyway and turned pink in the game.

That said, that was the first time I've been torped by a friendly in several months.   

[STW-M]
Members
2,809 posts
6,835 battles

Team damage can occur in many forms:

• accidentally hit friendly ships with guns and possibly start a fire/citadel them
  • accidentally hit friendly ships with torpedoes and possibly flood them
  • colliding with a friendly ship

Personally, I'm actually fairly terrible at not colliding with friendly ships, but thankfully you have to REALLY try to become pink with only ramming damage.