Sign in to follow this  
ZGDegmend

Trigger Happy Reports

5 comments in this topic

[AOD_B]
Members
6 posts
3,268 battles

So, I don't normally post things on the forums, but I feel that this needs to be brought up...again.

I like to think of my self as a team player, even if that means causing my own death. I don't mind taking one for the team. But what I do mind, is a teammate that...is never at fault, always the other guys fault. Let me tell a story. Match starts, playing domination on Big Brother (The big island with the dog leg canal in the middle).  I'm in my Akatsuki spec'd so you can barely see me from 6.4km (Not the best but it's not bad). I proceed to head up the middle and take a peak, see if the other team is expecting (usually they're not which gives me a free cap and them a moment of panic). I get down the canal, proceed to dump torps, annihilating a Pensacola. Next thing I know, I have an Atlanta breathing down my neck. Up comes the engine boost, out goes the smoke, I'm off like a rocket. Head back up to our side and I'm greeted by an Omaha that thought it was a good idea to follow me. Having already popped smoke and now under the death ray that is radar, I fly past him, getting in a volley of torps as I round the corner. Next thing I know, I have someone in chat complaining about how I didn't pop smoke for him and a bunch of others telling everyone to report me for it (well that and going down the canal which apparently is a capital offence to some). Normally, I ignore the people in chat.....normally. This time I decided to just explain myself. I informed the Omaha that one; My smoke was reloading, and two; it's my smoke, not his. By this time, my team had rounded the island, nuked the Atlanta, as was proceeding to capture.

I'll put this separate for those that want the TL:DR version. I get out of battle, having a kill, a cap, and 60k+ damage in a IJN DD. Not bad. Placed 4th on my team, got some missions done, BOOM! "You have been reported. Your karma was decreased by 3." wth?!?! I placed 4th on the team and I, after killing a cruiser, distracted at least one other. What the heck was I reported for?

I'm not saying that I'm an angel but it seems that, just because someone doesn't like you, you're going to be punished. It turns it into a popularity contest. Plus, why am I being reported for not doing exactly as some guy that's....unintelligent enough...to take a Omaha down the torpedo alley of a map in a T5-T7 match? It just doesn't seem like a good way to represent the overall behavior of a player to have on match of people that don't like him undo what took weeks to get. Even if that something is just an irrelevant number next to your tag.

Maybe I'm just overreacting but I feel like this method should be changed.

• Bad 1

[AOD_B]
Members
6 posts
3,268 battles

I should also add that, in the past, I've also lost Karma Points due to being reported just for my choice in ships. I gotta work on my stuff too guys.

Edited by ZGDegmend

[HELLS]
Members
1,988 posts
19,170 battles

My Karma is 2. I was as I was at zero for a long time! Could not care less. It means nothing in the game. After 12,000+games, who cares?

[CUTER]
Members
809 posts
20,959 battles

Every story has three parts; the lies, the truth, and then what really happened.

Edited by Kongo_Pride

[WORX]
Members
3,061 posts
14,536 battles
1 hour ago, ZGDegmend said:

My smoke was reloading, and two; it's my smoke, not his

I tend to disagree with you on this one, if fact your whole rant was ME, ME, ME, ME, I, I, I, I, fest.  Smoke when used properly in game and in historical reference. Was not made to hide a small DD, the reason why DDs had smoke was because that ship was fast enough to mask the sea/fleet with smoke.  Now, you had a teammate backing you up going up the crack for which going alone up the crack is not a good idea. IF he ask for smoke then you give it to him its part of being a good teammate. Also,

• Just because you scored 4th overall doesn;t mean nothing if you failed to play the objective.
  • Also before you insult others, of how they played. First reflect upon your game play in playing the objective instead of putting an appearance of selflessness.

In Summery, you went up the crack in a suicide mission you had a teammate back you up because he knows never go up the crack alone. He ask for help for smoke for which you denied him because of your selfish play style or it was on CD. For which resulted in the team giving you minus karma points. You manage to place 4th with out help of the fleet or the fleet not wanting to support your selfish play style.   In your opinion its there fault not yours... Two words.... "No Comment".

Edited by Navalpride33

Sign in to follow this