You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CriMiNaL__

Nikolai, the potato farmer

18 comments in this topic

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,482 posts
12,208 battles

I have been playing my Nikolai for the past few days, and it has been fun, Being in the lower tiers, I am seeing first hand the future potatoes coming through the ranks to take their spots in T10 ships.

I would urge WG to bring in a more useful training videos for each class of ships and have people complete scenarios in these different classes of ships before they get unlocked to randoms, kind of like the training you get in WOT.

Now I am not having a go at these new people playing, but if they have no clue at T4, they are not going to have a clue at the higher tiers, and WG needs to implement some better training for these people, so one, they can learn, and two they have more fun, not getting wrecked in 2 seconds.
Now yes I am one of those who have wrecked these people, I will admit it, but a broadside CA using all his guns on you at 8km, what would you do, seriously, your in a Nikolai.

I wont mention clans as the people probably don't even know about clans, again I would like to see some better training information for these people in the lower tiers so they have a better chance of working the game out quicker than they do now.

Members
1,120 posts
95 battles
1 minute ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I would urge WG to bring in a more useful training videos for each class of ships and have people complete scenarios in these different classes of ships before they get unlocked to randoms, kind of like the training you get in WOT.

There's plethora of information available starting from 'Waterline' series to all CC videos on Youtube. Most players are simply not bothered enough to watch them. And, frankly, it's their choice and right. Most people play the game for enjoyment and don't want to work hard on 'gitting gud'.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,215 posts
4 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I have been playing my Nikolai for the past few days, and it has been fun, Being in the lower tiers, I am seeing first hand the future potatoes coming through the ranks to take their spots in T10 ships.

Now I am not having a go at these new people playing, but if they have no clue at T4, they are not going to have a clue at the higher tiers, and WG needs to implement some better training for these people, so one, they can learn, and two they have more fun, not getting wrecked in 2 seconds.
Now yes I am one of those who have wrecked these people, I will admit it, but a broadside CA using all his guns on you at 8km, what would you do, seriously, your in a Nikolai.

I wont mention clans as the people probably don't even know about clans, again I would like to see some better training information for these people in the lower tiers so they have a better chance of working the game out quicker than they do now.

You can lead a horse to water.....:Smile_glasses:

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,482 posts
12,208 battles
2 minutes ago, geser98 said:

There's plethora of information available starting from 'Waterline' series to all CC videos on Youtube. Most players are simply not bothered enough to watch them. And, frankly, it's their choice and right. Most people play the game for enjoyment and don't want to work hard on 'gitting gud'.

I am meaning more along the lines, they have no choice to watch and play the different classes of ship in a scenario til they can complete it, force the learning on them if they want to continue, yes I know its a bit draconian but still.

[WORX]
Members
3,085 posts
14,577 battles

Also in some countries, you can tell a child not to do something but for some reason they don;t want to listen and well they have to experience the consequences for themselves. There is more then fair share of information to get your WOWS education.

[RLGN]
Members
9,800 posts
19,308 battles

Must be lots of folks doing the same out there as the OP is, (including me...) Run my Bogue a few times over the last couple of weeks, and it amazes me that so many low tier players know about avoiding torpedoe attacks.

May have also been a few of those in destroyers who were surprised to encounter a CV driver that new how to corner them...

Members
1,120 posts
95 battles
12 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I am meaning more along the lines, they have no choice to watch and play the different classes of ship in a scenario til they can complete it, force the learning on them if they want to continue, yes I know its a bit draconian but still.

Smells of cummunism

1uyhi4.jpg

• Funny 1

[HIT]
Members
136 posts
7,308 battles

I think one of the good aspects of this game is that it takes time and effort to learn how to play well. Saying that because some newbie at T3 or 4 sucks now and that they will always suck is just not true. I'm sure the Turenne is not some monster compared to the Nassau even though my average damage in the former is more than two times greater than the latter. Experience and desire to learn make all the difference, as they should.

If they made the game much easier to learn it would get boring pretty fast.

Edited by HQ_21
  • Cool 2

Members
690 posts
836 battles
1 hour ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

You have the Nikolai, nice. I'm slumming it in Konig Albert and Giulio Cesare.

[POP]
Members
1,368 posts
16,873 battles
9 hours ago, awiggin said:

This ^^^^

I play down there quite a bit and sometimes its like  " THE BLIND LEADING THE BLIND " sometimes.

Apart from some sought of program where its required for new and low tier players to participate in before going to higher tiers which i doubt WG will institute  in this game , the way i see most new and low tier players don't give a rats they just go round shooting at anything and everything till there sunk win lose or draw.

regards

Edited by tm63au

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,456 posts
8,158 battles
7 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

You cannot make a monkey dance, if he don't want too. 

[REVY]
Members
1,190 posts
8,602 battles
10 hours ago, awiggin said:

quote-you-can-lead-a-horse-to-water-but-

We could have all the training videos in the world, but it still won't make them watch.

[PIZZA]
Supertester
948 posts
21,128 battles

There is a massive amount of information out there by Wg and all of the CC's and others concerning play styles and the characteristics of the ships at every tier.  Unfortunately getting people to take the time to watch these excellent videos is almost impossible.  This is especially true with cv play.  As others have said....you can take them by the hand and lead them straight to the step of success, but.......................

The Nikolai sure is fun to play!!!!!

[TDRB]
Members
2,300 posts
6,968 battles

Then you must play Varyag as pentience.

That is only for server crimes. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
11 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Forcing them to learn....I am growing a short mustache and goose stepping around my computer room in agreement mein fuhrer!!!!!!!!

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,212 battles
9 hours ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

You must walk the walk of shame. Then you must play Varyag as pentience.

Nahhh, if you beating it too hard in a khaba you must be sent to katori

[TDRB]
Members
2,300 posts
6,968 battles

Random: : lacking a definite plan, purpose, or pattern

Some people do not grasp the definition of random. As it is right now in this game random battle are exactly random battles.

Don't whine about players that fall short of your criteria, campaign for WG to create a division for the elite players.