You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TonboIV

Unplayable lag

4 comments in this topic

[TCAL]
Members
11 posts
4,054 battles

I recently updated the client after not playing for over a month, and I'm having lag that makes the game unplayable. FPS and ping are fine, but my ship doesn't respond for several seconds. My shells pass right through the enemy ships like they aren't there, while teammates shells land in the water a couple of ship length ahead of the enemy and register hits. It starts out with slight lag but the delay gets longer as the match progresses.

WG Customer service only responds once every few hours and asks me to do random things like re-install graphics drivers.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
18,739 posts
10,776 battles

Not much we can do with the lack of information in your post. First check your internet, run a traceroute to see if there are any issues between you and the server, the odds are it will be somewhere between you and the server. Remove any mods, reduce your graphics settings. Make sure you shut down the game center from the system tray if you are using it. Then I would start shutting down other stuff that is running that you don't need for the game. Make sure that your anti virus/malware or any other program is not updating or scanning.

[TCAL]
Members
11 posts
4,054 battles

I've removed all mods and re-installed the client. Customer service also had me do a clean re-start of Windows (that is, disable all non-windows services). I ran pingplotter, and as far as I understand it, showed no problems with the connection. Customer service also had me run WGcheck on the client and the network. I sent them the report and they haven't mentioned any problems there.

I know it's unlikely someone here can figure out my problem remotely, but I wonder if anyone else has had similar issues lately.

Members
44 posts
13,834 battles

I started seeing the same issue mid-week.  I also installed the latest NVIDIA drivers, but it didn't do any good.  I've also lowered my in game settings (didn't want to do this...:( ) but doesn't do any good.  If this keeps up, I'll have to stop playing...