You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_h2o

Camo and flags, some make me uncomfortable

24 comments in this topic

[NOBS]
Members
1,104 posts
8,277 battles

Does anyone else get a little uncomfortable placing flags and certain camo on boats that they really shouldn't be on?

D-day flag on German ships

Stars and stripes on Japanese ships

I know it's just a game, but it seems wrong

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
1,360 posts
6,550 battles

My rule of thumb for mounting flags is: If the ship/commander combo won't be needing the Military Month Contributor flag then I mount a flag related to that particular ship's country of origin.

Examples: Wilhemshaven flag for German ships. Chatham Flag for British Royal Navy ships.

In the case of US Navy and Imperial Japanese Navy: Hawaii Flag for USN ships as a reminder to never let guard down. Midway flag for  IJN ships as a reminder that hubris won't bring in a victory.

• Cool 2

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,540 posts
4,200 battles

I get what you mean. From experimenting with the Stars and Stripes camouflage on a bunch of ships, the strangest for me was with the Yamato:

73uzWHO.jpg

• Cool 1

[SQUAD]
Members
7,914 posts
8,323 battles

It's a game, none of this is real. Things amuse me, but nothing causes me any discomfort.

Well, horrid teams, THAT causes a great deal of discomfort.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[SEOP]
Members
1,511 posts
8,233 battles

Beer Can Roma -- while not making me uncomfortable per say -- makes me wonder what the WG art department is smoking, or I suppose drinking.    

[RKLES]
Members
8,864 posts
10,828 battles

Yeah like my US Coast Guard Flag only goes on my US ships, and in memory of my Grandfather’s service in the Coast Guard.

Midway flags often goes on my CVs.

Corgi Fleet Flag gets proudly carried on many of my ships, particularly my HSF Graf Spee. After all I like having my Corgi Pocket Battleship like I did as a Corgi Captain for the last weekend they did that. ( lol joke was that small dogs like Corgi could not handle a full size BB, so they needed “ Pocket Battleship”. I would tell some fun joke about that to keep both teams laughing lol.) :Smile_Default:

HSF flags go on ships like Yamato and Kagero ( Kagero is the closest thing I have to Harekaze from the Anime)

Jutland Flag  goes on my RN ships.

Volcano flag or Burning man flag sometimes goes Nina fire spitting CA ( lol at least I am give enemy some warning about what I will do to them...)

• Cool 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,482 posts
12,184 battles

I have my american military month flag on all my ships for the bonuses of it, regardless of nation, if they wanted it to be a nation specific flag they would have made it so, and had the correct flag for each nation, and besides isn't germany and japan owned by america anyway.

• Angry 1

[SEOP]
Members
1,511 posts
8,233 battles

all of the arpeggio camos make me physically uncomfortable -- as in nauseous.  thankfully I can turn these off so that I don't have to experience their "artisticness".   

Unrelated, but kudos to WG for allowing me to turn off the screechie voices of all the anime arpeggio teen girl captains.  They may be good fun for some folks, but for me their voices were like fingernails on a chalk board.    

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
1,360 posts
6,550 battles

Well, there is a particular camo pattern that I do find amusing. It's the orange and blue one, I don't remember its name.

It reminds me of an ice cream truck :Smile-_tongue:

[ARGSY]
Members
9,478 posts
6,209 battles

On Bastille day I will sail forth with Revolutionary camo and Cross of Lorraine on my... Graf Spee.

[POP]
Members
964 posts
11,184 battles
39 minutes ago, Panbun said:

I get what you mean. From experimenting with the Stars and Stripes camouflage on a bunch of ships, the strangest for me was with the Yamato:

73uzWHO.jpg

Beautiful!

[OBS]
Members
1,265 posts
9,672 battles

We must have the snowflake flag.  Come, Russians, great scapegoats for the subversion of the West.  Supplicate my people with a universal, non invasive flag, one which means nothing really to anyone and one which we can then all proudly fly.  Idiots.

• Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[LEGIT]
Members
1,588 posts
23,912 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Volcano flag or Burning man flag sometimes goes Nina fire spitting CA ( lol at least I am give enemy some warning about what I will do to them...)

Too bad we can't have the pre-nerf burning man flag.

• Cool 1

[RAZE]
Alpha Tester
203 posts
4,691 battles

sometimes u have IJN US ship vs french italian

y not camo?

[NWNG]
Members
2,721 posts
4,595 battles
3 hours ago, Dr_Dirt said:

Beer Can Roma -- while not making me uncomfortable per say -- makes me wonder what the WG art department is smoking, or I suppose drinking.    

You mean the thing that is on all Littorio-class battleships, and is not something WG made up.Italian_battleship_Roma_(1940)_forward_t

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,258 posts
5,221 battles

I just place the Military Month Contributor flag or Alpha Tester flag on everything because of the bonuses. Having completed the Yamamoto collection I just use both flags on all IJN ships.

Awkward looking perhaps, but I've never felt uncomfortable over it.

[VW]
Members
2,375 posts
14,107 battles
1 hour ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

I just place the Military Month Contributor flag or Alpha Tester flag on everything because of the bonuses. Having completed the Yamamoto collection I just use both flags on all IJN ships.

Awkward looking perhaps, but I've never felt uncomfortable over it.

Nice! What are the bonuses for alpha tester?

i too only place mmc on everything. Camo wise, i use whatever i have the most of.

[-AGW-]
Members
744 posts
10,733 battles

I put British flags on my Bismarck and German flags on my British ships.

I just like the irony of it.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,456 posts
8,158 battles
12 hours ago, Capt_h2o said:

Does anyone else get a little uncomfortable placing flags and certain camo on boats that they really shouldn't be on?

D-day flag on German ships

Stars and stripes on Japanese ships

I know it's just a game, but it seems wrong

No and please do not wear them to bed.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,456 posts
8,158 battles
11 hours ago, Gerbertz said:

Beautiful!

Technically, if Yamato had survived the war, she would have ended up wearing American paint :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1