You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RustyOldFart

Warshipstoday messed up?

28 comments in this topic

Members
3,783 posts

So I don't know if Warshipstoday is even working.  Had my profile unlocked for a couple of weeks ago to track and see if I'm improving.  Its still showing that I have a 46.29 percent win rate lol.  But I know its not that.  On my WoWs player profile its actually showing, 47.48.  But when I check WoWs-numbers.com its saying my win rate is 47.48 and over all 56.57.  I'm really not quite sure what to make of this.  Unless it has something to do with all the new privacy polices and things changing or what.  I know I'm a potato.  No need to tell me that.  I'm working on it.  But I'm not sure why between all of these sites the numbers are completely all over the place.  Does any body have a definitive answer to this?

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,877 posts
13,843 battles

Warships Today is basically abandonware at this point. Everything is slowly breaking, and you should not expect it to get fixed.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,718 posts
9,954 battles
Just now, Edgecase said:

Warships Today is basically abandonware at this point. Everything is slowly breaking, and you should not expect it to get fixed.

Pretty much this.

Members
3,783 posts
1 minute ago, Edgecase said:

Just now, pikohan said:

Pretty much this.

So then will the WoWs numbers one be more of an accurate account?

[WOLF7]
Members
11,206 posts
5 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

So I don't know if Warshipstoday is even working.  Had my profile unlocked for a couple of weeks ago to track and see if I'm improving.  Its still showing that I have a 46.29 percent win rate lol.  But I know its not that.  On my WoWs player profile its actually showing, 47.48.  But when I check WoWs-numbers.com its saying my win rate is 47.48 and over all 56.57.  I'm really not quite sure what to make of this.  Unless it has something to do with all the new privacy polices and things changing or what.  I know I'm a potato.  No need to tell me that.  I'm working on it.  But I'm not sure why between all of these sites the numbers are completely all over the place.  Does any body have a definitive answer to this?

It's rarely if ever maintained anymore....Been months since he last touched it.

Registry expires in Oct of this year, kinds of think that will be the end of it.

Updated Date: 2018-03-24

Created Date: 2014-10-11

Registry Expiry Date: 2018-10-11

Edited by awiggin

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,718 posts
9,954 battles
1 minute ago, SuperSpud1 said:

So then will the WoWs numbers one be more of an accurate account?

wows-numbers is accurate with respect to your hard stats as far as I can tell... what is your definition of "accurate"?

Members
3,783 posts
Just now, pikohan said:

wows-numbers is accurate with respect to your hard stats as far as I can tell... what is your definition of "accurate"?

As it would be compared to my player profile on the main Wargaming web page I guess you could say.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,718 posts
9,954 battles
5 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

As it would be compared to my player profile on the main Wargaming web page I guess you could say.

Looks up to date to me:

Spoiler

kE66lVh.png

Xq0I3TZ.png

Members
3,783 posts

Guess I'm going to be using WoWs numbers from now on then.

Edited by SuperSpud1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
18,737 posts
10,776 battles

WoWS Stats is better but you will have to follow yourself and then the recent data will only cover from when you followed yourself.

https://na.wows-numbers.com/

• Cool 1

Members
1,088 posts
7,025 battles

sadly it has been broken for sometime. Funny thing is RU and Asia it work just fine for, but NA and EU it is broken. 

Members
3,783 posts
1 minute ago, Shadow_NA said:

sadly it has been broken for sometime. Funny thing is RU and Asia it work just fine for, but NA and EU it is broken. 

It was a great site while it was maintained.  Not sure exactly what WoWs Match Making monitor is running off of exactly hopefully its not warshipstoday.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
18,737 posts
10,776 battles

Someone with the chops to set a site up and keep it running, which is not me, needs to create World of Warships Stats Today. I liked the Warships Today format but when it started falling apart it became useless.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Isn't that a third party site?

This Third Party is not owned by or maintained by WG. 

The integrity of "Data" collected by a Third Party is Skewed to meet the Sites agenda.

Nothing reputable nor factual ever has come from a Third Party.

Believe the Tripe if you want but put no faith in it's Contents.{ If you know what Tripe is you know its full of Sh*t}

Members
3,783 posts
19 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Isn't that a third party site?

This Third Party is not owned by or maintained by WG. 

The integrity of "Data" collected by a Third Party is Skewed to meet the Sites agenda.

Nothing reputable nor factual ever has come from a Third Party.

Believe the Tripe if you want but put no faith in it's Contents.{ If you know what Tripe is you know its full of Sh*t}

Tripe???? HAHA.  No I don't trust any third party sites.  How ever the graphs help me visualize if I'm improving or getting worse.  I actually got rid of Warshipstoday.

Edited by SuperSpud1

[PVE]
Members
14,683 posts
9,298 battles

Comparing the Main WoWs player stats, with na.warships.today, with na.wows-numbers.com, I find the first two to be working and the latter to be messed up.

So the main WoWs website has me at 679  PvP games with 52.14% WR.

Spoiler

7mPT7ax.jpg

The na.warships.today website has me at 679 PvP battles with 52.14% WR as well.

Spoiler

3DSlPq8.jpg

Wows-numbers website has me at 652 PvP battles with 52.45% WR, so it is missing 27 recent PvP battles.

Spoiler

V4IF3Dz.jpg

tldr: warshipstoday is in accordance with the main WoWs stats and wows-numbers is behind.

Members
4,315 posts
7,014 battles

Warships today updates the data for me faster than the WoWs-Numbers site.  It sees new ships and adds then in but it can't get the server averages for the new lines.  WoWs numbers I can play a game and refresh the screen and it does not refresh the numbers.  In fact it is almost as if I have to completely reload the page (not just refresh the page).  I dislike WoWs-numbers enough that I will spend the time to fire up the game and check the stats in the game.

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,914 battles
7 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Comparing the Main WoWs player stats, with na.warships.today, with na.wows-numbers.com, I find the first two to be working and the latter to be messed up.

So the main WoWs website has me at 679  PvP games with 52.14% WR.

Reveal hidden contents

7mPT7ax.jpg

The na.warships.today website has me at 679 PvP battles with 52.14% WR as well.

Reveal hidden contents

3DSlPq8.jpg

Wows-numbers website has me at 652 PvP battles with 52.45% WR, so it is missing 27 recent PvP battles.

Reveal hidden contents

V4IF3Dz.jpg

tldr: warshipstoday is in accordance with the main WoWs stats and wows-numbers is behind.

Wows numbers does need you to hit progress, to show anything since the last time you checked, or since it ran a global check. Try that first. Then see.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
841 posts
14,844 battles
7 hours ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

..... and???

... aaaaand the rest of the post is right after the bit you quoted. If you didn't read it the first time, don't expect him to repeat it for you.

[ICOP]
Members
205 posts
9,150 battles

I like WOWs numbers except for the fact that have to put up so many red 'Bad' words on my page.  Couldn't they be more politically correct with their wording and help me with my self-esteem issues?  :)

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,168 posts
10,430 battles

When will a site OTHER than Warships today start allowing us to sort stats by 2 week and 1 week intervals? Or can you do that somewhere and I just have not found it?