You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Jutzujin

I drive a big boat that shoots 16 inch Jean Luc Picard memes.. Blakablaka

67 comments in this topic

[T-R-R]
Members
11 posts
342 battles

I have a huge problem with actually being accurate at long range with AP shells. This is a problem for a few reasons, I drive a battleship, and I refuse to use the HE at long range because that would put me in the same catagory as a Destryer or Cruiser flailing around at the horizon trying to get a speculative shot in towards me with his .22lr peashooters to set inconsiquential fires which have literally never sunk any warship worth it's weight in Mustaches whilst my 16 inch shell traveling at Mach 10 impacts his wooden/who cares deck after a nearly max range flight time (For this game), resulting in nearly 90 degree plunging fire.. does absolutely NOTHING?! SERIOUSLY? WORD! (If this philosophy was correct there would be no need to have gravity weapons on our bombers, they'd all get lost in the poundcake you guys call a citadel.) The American MK.7 406mm Standard AP has to be one of the lightest of the type, however I still remember it's weight to be around 2,300lb? I'm sorry, but I don't care if your deck was made from Tungsten Carbide or Strawberry Gelatin that fuse is going to arm and it will AT THE VERY LEAST detonate beneath the vessel snapping it in two like a lead pencil, period.  if it so happens to overpenetrate having nearly the same effect as a MK.48 ADCAP, it would break the ship in two, straight down the keel regardless of what some WWII Museum tells you. Hydrostatic Shock doesn't give a damn about your armor (torpedo bulges). When a warhead is detonated at close range beneath a ship, the steam void initially lifts the ship upwards from the middle. This tends to weaken the ship's keel. After the steam void has reached its maximum volume the surrounding water pressure will collapse it. The ship then falls into the void, still supported on its ends. The keel will then break under the ship's own weight. The compression of the steam void will raise the temperature and the bubble will oscillate a few times. The ship may be destroyed during the subsequent oscillations if it manages to survive the first salvo. Do you see torpedo bulges ON ANY SHIP TODAY? No, because they literally caused the very problems they where trying to prevent. They gave a space for this 'shockwave' to propagate over the most vulnerable areas of the ship, and weren't even added to ANY VESSEL of the Iowa class as a result. 33 knots is alot easier when you're not stupid after all it seems.. (Bulbous Bow my butt)

Put it to you a way anyone could understand, and if you think I am wrong you're welcome to try this yourself. If you went to the store and bought a small firecracker and let it detonate in the open palm of your hand you'd get a little burnt at worst. Now, close your fist around that same firework and it will blow your grip apart and you'll be short a few fingers at the very least.

Another way I could put it is our modern (US Military MRAPS, regardless of tertiary function ALL HAVE have a unique V-Shaped hull, do you think that's there to look pretty? No, it's there to direct the energy of a blast away from the vehicle so it doesn't kill everyone inside and wreck the asset.. Notice the subject matter? Yeah, it's energy propagation again.. Through air, water, it doesn't matter, the results are drastically different in destructive force but maintain the same principal theory. In case you arent paying attention, the results are disasterous, every time. I could go into how Thermobaric Fuel-Air weapons work using this idea to deadly and (very clever) effect but I think I've made my point. Also without revealing any potentially classified information I shouldn't, I can tell you that the ADCAP "carries a charge of around 950lb of of conventional explosive yield".
 I'm sorry for the multiple paragraphs, but you might as well remove battleships from the game along with aircraft carriers and call it "World of Plinking"..They call it an armor piercing projectile, but it's purpose is to detonate inside the hull of the vessel to take advantage of the wonderful effects of that energy propogation we're so fond of in confined spaces! "Firing point procedures, LOL TUBE 1, cut the wire, it's pizza night!", beneath all that fat, dumb, pointless spaced armor that just traps more of the explosive force beneath the hull it would break in half like two year old McDonalds french fries.

Capital ship range is already severely curtailed, you cannot emphasize reality where you think it's convenient then claim battleship captains need to take a more 'aggressive role' LOL, here's a BILLION dollar military assset, go get into a barfight with a couple of kids holding Roman Candles, NO. Remove the legacy combatants and then all the PT Boats can kill each other in peace. Either that or give us Nuclear Projectiles we can pre-emptively fire in between games at the next area of engagement to avoid wallowing in the torpedo-filled, RNG detritus FILTH that isn't navigated by DESTROYER captains, but GLORIFIED TORPEDO BOAT CREWS, we had them, same gun, caliber, same design.. However intended for use as a tactical deterrant in engaging an opposing force from BEYOND... VISUAL... RANGE.. That's where big gun battleboats like to sit, where you have to literally wait MINUTES before your shell impacts. As a matter of fact the primary reason the Mk.7 replaced the MK.6 was to accomidate nuclear projectiles and the necessary velocity required to hurl them to a distance where fractricide wasn't a problem and reap the whirlwind.

Also, to sink the Tirpitz, the Tallboy bombs, AKA EARTHQUAKE BOMBS ffs.. had to be dropped at nearly 30,000 feet so it could be traveling fast enough to penetrate the deck of Tirpitz. This bomb thought of after HUNDREDS of air strikes in CLEAR WEATHER all didn't do jack shite to the Tirpitz..

Ther is so many holes in the logic of the way this game is SUPPOSED to work.. Your rebuttal would be, "Well then it'd be no fun for anyone but the Battleship captains".. Well, news flash, war isn't EVER or HAS EVER meant to be fun. I'm sure anyone who's been in the military during the Iraq war or the Gulf War OR ANY WAR can attest to that. NO PART OF WAR IS FUN. "World of Warplanes, World of Warships, World of JOIN YOUR NATIONS MILITARY and RECHECK CONCENSUS"..

I'm done, good day.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 2

[T-R-R]
Members
11 posts
342 battles

Not baiting. So why all the information gathering, the visitations to the museum ships. They sure went through A LOT of effort to get information about all of these vessels, except when they realized WAR ISN'T FAIR, they changed everything that gave these vessels their ONLY tactical advantage. The ability to destroy ships at great distance without risk to themselves or their assigned battlegroup, sorry. That's like me saying the T-34 was a crappy tank while standing in Stalingrad. (Probably why their are no Russian battleships) It's cause Russians aren't stupid, calling any of their WW2 ships BATTLESHIPS and not HEAVY CRUISERS would just be UNTRUE. This false notion that size constitutes a battleship is wrong.

Edited by Jutzujin

Members
3,077 posts
3,412 battles

I'd be down with Picard saying "Shaka, when the walls fell," every time I sunk someone. 

In any case the game isn't trying to be realistic. Its an arcade game with an eye for historical touches. If the game were realistic it wouldn't be fun. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,655 posts
8,050 battles
2 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

I'd be down with Picard saying "Shaka, when the walls fell," every time I sunk someone. 

In any case the game isn't trying to be realistic. Its an arcade game with an eye for historical touches. If the game were realistic it wouldn't be fun. 

:Smile_great: This.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,652 posts
8,321 battles
4 minutes ago, Jutzujin said:

I get salty. 

really? we didnt notice, i couldnt see it in the giant wall of text, people usually dont tend to read giant walls of text because..........well i dont know, maybe because its hard to, some spacing would help alot with that for your future threads that contain many words

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,655 posts
8,050 battles
2 minutes ago, Jutzujin said:

Darmok and Jilad aside, I maybe just needed to get it off my chest. I get salty. 

Everyone gets salty from time to time. Don’t worry about it.

[SCCC]
[SCCC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
99 posts
4,771 battles

1 point youre wrong about, Russia absolutely had battleships during ww2. Google Gangut class of dreadnoughts.

[CB-77]
Members
167 posts
1,387 battles

Warthunder botes is supposed to be a more realistic simulator, but it's been in testing for ages now due to technical issues. Watch some videos of alpha gameplay and you may change your opinion on wanting a realistic-ish warships simulator.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,652 posts
8,321 battles
1 minute ago, Psicopro said:

A wall of text crits you for 5000 damage.  You have died.

[T-R-R]
Members
11 posts
342 battles
4 minutes ago, Amgen said:

1 point youre wrong about, Russia absolutely had battleships during ww2. Google Gangut class of dreadnoughts.

Of course they had Battleships, but you'll notice they where very careful which ships they gave that designation. It wasn't arbitrarily given to a large ship with stronk gun.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
32 minutes ago, Jutzujin said:

I have a huge problem with actually being accurate at long range with AP shells. This is a problem for a few reasons, I drive a battleship, and I refuse to use the HE at long range.

The rest of your complaining cycles back to this. You choose to play the game a way that makes you salty. 

The end. 

[MIA-P]
Members
2,150 posts
10,736 battles
38 minutes ago, Jutzujin said:

I have a huge problem with actually being accurate at long range with AP shells.

Then proceeds to complain about historical accuracy.  Enjoy your historical 3-7% hit ratio.

16 inch shell traveling at Mach 10 impacts his wooden/who cares deck after a nearly max range flight time (For this game), resulting in nearly 90 degree plunging fire.

I'm pretty sure mach 10 is 3402.9m/s -Iowa muzzle velocity? 762 m/s for AP. Mach 2 and a wee bit.  And no, it doesn't hit at 90 degrees.

Do you see torpedo bulges ON ANY SHIP TODAY? No, because they literally caused the very problems they where trying to prevent. They gave a space for this 'shockwave' to propagate over the most vulnerable areas of the ship, and weren't even added to ANY VESSEL of the Iowa class as a result. 33 knots is alot easier when you're not stupid after all it seems.. (Bulbous Bow my butt)

Modern torpedoes detonate beneath the ship-WWII ones did not-hitting the side (where the torp belt is).

I'm sorry for the multiple paragraphs, but you might as well remove battleships from the game along with aircraft carriers and call it "World of Plinking"..They call it an armor piercing projectile, but it's purpose is to detonate inside the hull of the vessel to take advantage of the wonderful effects of that energy propogation we're so fond of in confined spaces! "Firing point procedures, LOL TUBE 1, cut the wire, it's pizza night!", beneath all that fat, dumb, pointless spaced armor that just traps more of the explosive force beneath the hull it would break in half like two year old McDonalds french fries.

Because years of trial and error that produced those ships were all wrong, and all the ships at Jutland were destroyed by near misses of shells.  None survived.

Capital ship range is already severely curtailed, you cannot emphasize reality where you think it's convenient then claim battleship captains need to take a more 'aggressive role' 

Remind me, what do the words "Effective Range" mean to you.  Especially when the longest hit recorded was at 24km...and didn't sink the target.  Might I present the results of gunnery on a static target-within visual range:
no31991-pic4.jpg

wallowing in the torpedo-filled, RNG detritus FILTH that isn't navigated by DESTROYER captains, but GLORIFIED TORPEDO BOAT CREWS, we had them, same gun, caliber, same design.. 

Go look up the battle of Jutland with the literally hundreds of destroyers and the 20 or so battleships dodging torpedoes like mad.

Also, to sink the Tirpitz, the Tallboy bombs, AKA EARTHQUAKE BOMBS ffs.. had to be dropped at nearly 30,000 feet so it could be traveling fast enough to penetrate the deck of Tirpitz. This bomb thought of after HUNDREDS of air strikes in CLEAR WEATHER all didn't do jack shite to the Tirpitz..

18,000 feet. 22 air raids. 4 of which failed due to bad weather. 122 killed, 316 wounded.  Only 2 air attacks actually hit tirpitz before the tallboy attacks.

Ther is so many holes in the logic of the way this game is SUPPOSED to work.. Your rebuttal would be, "Well then it'd be no fun for anyone but the Battleship captains".. Well, news flash, war isn't EVER or HAS EVER meant to be fun. I'm sure anyone who's been in the military during the Iraq war or the Gulf War OR ANY WAR can attest to that. NO PART OF WAR IS FUN. "World of Warplanes, World of Warships, World of JOIN YOUR NATIONS MILITARY and RECHECK CONCENSUS"..

This is a game-not a war.  Games are fun, wars are not.  Get over it.

I'm done, good day.

Goodbye and good riddance. 

Edited by thegamefilmguruman
  • Cool 2

[T-R-R]
Members
11 posts
342 battles
1 minute ago, Gascan75 said:

The rest of your complaining cycles back to this. You choose to play the game a way that makes you salty. 

The end. 

Indeed, I was going to write this myself but I didn't want to sound senile. Nevertheless.. 

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
27 minutes ago, Dont_Lewd_The_Loli said:

Nice bait m8. This is an arcade game so please cry some more.

This:Smile_great:

19 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

And This:Smile_great:

12 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

really? we didnt notice, i couldnt see it in the giant wall of text, people usually dont tend to read giant walls of text because..........well i dont know, maybe because its hard to, some spacing would help alot with that for your future threads that contain many words

And this as well:Smile_great:

[T-R-R]
Members
11 posts
342 battles
Just now, thegamefilmguruman said:

Then proceeds to complain about historical accuracy.  Enjoy your historical 3-7% hit ratio.

I'm pretty sure mach 10 is 3402.9m/s -Iowa muzzle velocity? 762 m/s for AP. Mach 2 and a wee bit.  And no, it doesn't hit at 90 degrees.

Modern torpedoes detonate beneath the ship-WWII ones did not-hitting the side (where the torp belt is).

Because years of trial and error that produced those ships were all wrong, and all the ships at Jutland were destroyed by near misses of shells.  None survived.

Remind me, what do the words "Effective Range" mean to you.  Especially when the longest hit recorded was at 24km...and didn't sink the target.  Might I present the results of gunnery on a static target-within visual range:
no31991-pic4.jpg

Go look up the battle of Jutland with the literally hundreds of destroyers and the battleships dodging torpedoes like mad.

18,000 feet. 22 air raids. 4 of which failed due to bad weather. 122 killed, 316 wounded.  Only 2 air attacks actually hit tirpitz before the tallboy attacks.

This is a game-not a war.  Games are fun, wars are not.  Get over it.

Goodbye and good riddance. 

You're wrong about nearly everything you said including those vague, randomly made up statistics and the parts where you aren't are inconsequential. Don't perpetuate what you know is a lie, nearly 300 aircraft where sacrificed trying to sink the Tirpitz. Churchill called it Hitlers 'beast' for a reason. All I'll say without trying to sound like an [edited]is at least do a little more than a two second google search to learn about a period in history when the human race was nearly pushed to the brink of annihilation, I don't think this dark period in our history should be regurgitated as the latest pantomime for the feeble minded.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,522 posts
2,090 battles
1 minute ago, Jutzujin said:

You're wrong about nearly everything you said including those vague, randomly made up statistics and the parts where you aren't are inconsequential. Don't perpetuate what you know is a lie, nearly 300 aircraft where sacrificed trying to sink the Tirpitz. Churchill called it Hitlers 'beast' for a reason. All I'll say without trying to sound like an [edited]is at least do a little more than a two second google search to learn about a period in history when the human race was nearly pushed to the brink of annihilation, I don't think this dark period in our history should be regurgitated as the latest pantomime for the feeble minded.

sQqE1nP.gif

You've betrayed your identity to be either a troll, or simply uneducated on the time period. He's more correct than you are.

[RNJR]
Members
261 posts
4,544 battles
27 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

DUDE LOL i laughed so hard i almost spilled my morning coffee on my office desk !    

[INTEL]
Members
1,183 posts
10,585 battles
39 minutes ago, Jutzujin said:

I have a huge problem with actually being accurate at long range with AP shells. This is a problem for a few reasons, I drive a battleship, and I refuse to use the HE at long range because that would put me in the same catagory as a Destryer or Cruiser flailing around at the horizon trying to get a speculative shot in towards me with his .22lr peashooters to set inconsiquential fires which have literally never sunk any warship worth it's weight in Mustaches whilst my 16 inch shell traveling at Mach 10 impacts his wooden/who cares deck after a nearly max range flight time (For this game), resulting in nearly 90 degree plunging fire.. does absolutely NOTHING?! SERIOUSLY? WORD! (If this philosophy was correct there would be no need to have gravity weapons on our bombers, they'd all get lost in the poundcake you guys call a citadel.) The American MK.7 406mm Standard AP has to be one of the lightest of the type, however I still remember it's weight to be around 2,300lb? I'm sorry, but I don't care if your deck was made from Tungsten Carbide or Strawberry Gelatin that fuse is going to arm and it will AT THE VERY LEAST detonate beneath the vessel snapping it in two like a lead pencil, period.  if it so happens to overpenetrate having nearly the same effect as a MK.48 ADCAP, it would break the ship in two, straight down the keel regardless of what some WWII Museum tells you. Hydrostatic Shock doesn't give a damn about your armor (torpedo bulges). When a warhead is detonated at close range beneath a ship, the steam void initially lifts the ship upwards from the middle. This tends to weaken the ship's keel. After the steam void has reached its maximum volume the surrounding water pressure will collapse it. The ship then falls into the void, still supported on its ends. The keel will then break under the ship's own weight. The compression of the steam void will raise the temperature and the bubble will oscillate a few times. The ship may be destroyed during the subsequent oscillations if it manages to survive the first salvo. Do you see torpedo bulges ON ANY SHIP TODAY? No, because they literally caused the very problems they where trying to prevent. They gave a space for this 'shockwave' to propagate over the most vulnerable areas of the ship, and weren't even added to ANY VESSEL of the Iowa class as a result. 33 knots is alot easier when you're not stupid after all it seems.. (Bulbous Bow my butt)

Put it to you a way anyone could understand, and if you think I am wrong you're welcome to try this yourself. If you went to the store and bought a small firecracker and let it detonate in the open palm of your hand you'd get a little burnt at worst. Now, close your fist around that same firework and it will blow your grip apart and you'll be short a few fingers at the very least.

Another way I could put it is our modern (US Military MRAPS, regardless of tertiary function ALL HAVE have a unique V-Shaped hull, do you think that's there to look pretty? No, it's there to direct the energy of a blast away from the vehicle so it doesn't kill everyone inside and wreck the asset.. Notice the subject matter? Yeah, it's energy propagation again.. Through air, water, it doesn't matter, the results are drastically different in destructive force but maintain the same principal theory. In case you arent paying attention, the results are disasterous, every time. I could go into how Thermobaric Fuel-Air weapons work using this idea to deadly and (very clever) effect but I think I've made my point. Also without revealing any potentially classified information I shouldn't, I can tell you that the ADCAP "carries a charge of around 950lb of of conventional explosive yield".

Capital ship range is already severely curtailed, you cannot emphasize reality where you think it's convenient then claim battleship captains need to take a more 'aggressive role' LOL, here's a BILLION dollar military assset, go get into a barfight with a couple of kids holding Roman Candles, NO. Remove the legacy combatants and then all the PT Boats can kill each other in peace. Either that or give us Nuclear Projectiles we can pre-emptively fire in between games at the next area of engagement to avoid wallowing in the torpedo-filled, RNG detritus FILTH that isn't navigated by DESTROYER captains, but GLORIFIED TORPEDO BOAT CREWS, we had them, same gun, caliber, same design.. However intended for use as a tactical deterrant in engaging an opposing force from BEYOND... VISUAL... RANGE.. That's where big gun battleboats like to sit, where you have to literally wait MINUTES before your shell impacts. As a matter of fact the primary reason the Mk.7 replaced the MK.6 was to accomidate nuclear projectiles and the necessary velocity required to hurl them to a distance where fractricide wasn't a problem and reap the whirlwind.

I'm done, good day.

So many things wrong with your "logic" and "facts"

Lets start with your idea that AP shells will always arm. Incorrect. Its pretty well documented that the Yamato had multiple shells pass clean through an escort CV at Leyte Gulf. There are multiple instances of even smaller caliber AP passing through a ship without detonating.

Why are you comparing a 16" AP shell with a MK 48 ADCAP torpedo? BB AP doesnt travel under a ship to detonate. The ADCAP is specifically designed to do exactly that. You're not breaking the keel of anything worthy of being called a ship with a shell of any type. A 40ish lb Ap bursting charge detonating inside a ship isn't nearly the effect of a SIX HUNDRED AND FIFTY LB ADCAP warhead detonating under a keel. Arguing an explosive charge of WW2 era AP vs a modern explosive charge 16 times larger are comparable is simply moronic.

As for what they dropped on the Tirpitz.. so what? WW2 bombers weren't dropping AP bombs. (with a few exceptions) Even 2000lb HE bombs arent going to do a lot of perm damage to the Tirpitz armor. The bombs that finally got the Tirp were designed specifically to get through the reinforced concrete rook of a Uboat Pen.

[YORHA]
Members
3,971 posts
6,876 battles
6 minutes ago, Jutzujin said:

Ummm... no he isn't.  And at this point you are just embarrassing yourself.

[T-R-R]
Members
11 posts
342 battles

I said I wasn't trying to troll at the very beginning, and he's not right about anything he said. "Dreadnoughts dodging torpedo's" is a contradiction in terms, I'm not just blanketing his statement. Furthermore if you had actually served in the navy and aren't IN FACT a kid who couldn't use a Beeper if it had to save his life and was in Diapers during 9/11. I literally just think you aren't worth the explanation and the effort it would require to dismantle your arguement nor do I think it's proper thread material. 

• Bad 1

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
50 minutes ago, Jutzujin said:

I'm done, good day.

Thee tallboys did in fact sink the Tirpitz, they didn't need to be dropped from that height, they were to provide the best protection against the AA defenses. So please do a little research before you rant.