Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ulthwey

Indianapolis owners, do we get the doubloon value of the ship if we finish the mission?

18 comments in this topic

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles

As title says. I bought the ship way back when it was released, if I do the mission, do I get the doubloons instead of the ship? Because otherwise its kind of a slap across the face for all those that paid money for it way back when.

EDIT: NVM, after searching up other topics, I guess WG has screwed everyone who paid money for it. Figures, such bull***t.

Edited by Ulthwey

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,531 posts
12,810 battles

how am I screwed by other people getting a free ship?

[R-R-R]
Members
1,038 posts
9,687 battles

Nope.

We only get credit compensation. So to take advantage, we play her once every 3 day now to get the bonus container.

Edited by Exciton8964

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
10 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

how am I screwed by other people getting a free ship?

For those that bought it, it was NOT free. Many wouldnt have bothered paying money for it if they knew WG would just hand it out for free. Credits are useless in this game, particularly for long-standing endgame players. I have around 380mil, and nothing to do with it all.

Edited by Ulthwey

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles
Just now, Ulthwey said:

For those that bought it, it was NOT free. Many wouldnt have bothered paying money for it if they knew WG would just hand it out for free. Credits are useless in this game, particularly for long-standing endgame players. I have around 380mil, and nothing to do with it all.

i never thought the life of richboys would be so boring.

• Funny 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,531 posts
12,810 battles

So what?  I have absolutely no issue with people getting a free ship that I paid for, like a year and a half ago.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
40 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

i never thought the life of richboys would be so boring.

Let me ask you something. If you bought a new car today for 60 grand, and in a week found out that this car would be given out for free without giving you the option to refund your money - would you be upset?

Edited by Ulthwey

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
2,808 posts
7,925 battles

AFAIK any premium ship that is earned by rewards in game from the missions will always be compensated for credits if the ship already exists in your port and when any money is spent on getting duplicate ships, it should be compensated for doubloons instead (the recent steam bundle sales featuring the Graf Spee, Texas, and Ishizuchi)

However I do not know if this extends to the current freedom crates where you can get premium USN ship missions and if upon completion would be compensated for doubloons or credits if the ship already exists in the port. Since you can technically "buy" them for hoping that a ship mission pops up.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles
4 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

Let me ask you something. If bought a new car today for 60 grand, and in a week found out that this car would be given out for free without giving you the option to refund your money - would you be upset?

why refund my money?i paid for the car,not for the title "i have a diablo",if the company is giving out for free,i'm just  gonna start question if the car i bought was really that good to begin.

same applies to indy,that thing was never good,they are not giving away a belfast or a nikolai,just a ship that didn't attract many people and is not that popular,much less now.

Edited by Cruxdei

[-GPS-]
Members
2,892 posts
33,407 battles
3 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

Many would not have purchased Indianapolis for any amount of money. After I got her in a Christmas box 2016, I tried playing the damned thing. It made Pensacola seem good. But there have been 3 or 4 buffs since then.  Concealment, radar range, and either turret traverse and/or reload rate.  Not including the buffs she got this week, she already was a decent ship. 

My point is that WG has been giving you free upgrades since your purchase. Now others can get the entire improved ship for free.

I do think it would be ideal for WG to give anyone who finishes the mission doubloons.  I understand you feeling about credits too. Haven’t worried about them for ages.  However, WG rarely gives away their equivalent to RL currency. Not going to happen.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
2,808 posts
7,925 battles
8 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

Let me ask you something. If bought a new car today for 60 grand, and in a week found out that this car would be given out for free without giving you the option to refund your money - would you be upset?

Well on a plus side, instead of refunding you the money for the car, they offer extended warranty and free car service for up to 150k miles with the car you already own.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,227 posts
18,423 battles
18 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

I have around 380mil, and nothing to do with it all.

Double it and go grab a new Russian battleship cruiser.

[GWG]
Members
6,690 posts

If you already have Indianapolis in your Port, you’ll receive a commander, a slot and compensation in Credits equal to the ship's cost.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/june-missions-2018/

Lots of other important info here too..

Reading is OP..  Please Nerf.

AND DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE [PARTICIPATE] BUTTON TO START THE ANIME MISSION !!!

Edited by AVR_Project

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,025 posts
7,903 battles
1 hour ago, Ulthwey said:

Free? Is this Indianapolis really free? It requires you to play this game continuously for several weeks. This ship isn‘t free at all.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,754 posts
25,001 battles

First of all: you never get the gold if you own a premium and get it of some ingame misson again.

Second: from the patchnotes: If you already have Indianapolis in your Port, you’ll receive a commander, a slot and compensation in Credits equal to the ship's cost.

Third: seeing some of of the missions I doubt many would go through all of this. Also: there are enough people here that don't have time to play within the week or have vacation since summer hits now.

[--K--]
Beta Testers
994 posts
11,339 battles

You paid for the privilege of playing it long before most people got a "free" version of the same ship.

Members
1,684 posts
8,055 battles

I’ve owned one for a while now, and I don’t mind other people getting it for free. I’ve gotten plenty of use out of it already. I’d prefer gold over silver for it, like WG has done in the past, but meh. 

Then again, I’m a computer guy, so I’m well used to things I paid $2000 for selling for $500 a year later. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this