Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dareios

what am i doing wrong with the roon

3 comments in this topic

[QNA]
Beta Testers
1,410 posts

Got the roon last week. Despite the fact that it needs to run on an angle to use its guns I dont mind it. However I have the worst winrate of any ship, ever, in it. 20%. Statistically I should win more games being afk. So, its probably me thats doing something wrong consistently and not always the team's fault

shot-18_06.02_14_00.08-0825.thumb.jpg.7d3f021e0abcdc58a28cddecd5a8d4bc.jpg

So, analysis sought from players more familiar with the ship.

1. I think my av damage is ok. apparently the server average is 50374 (If I read it correctly).

2. 0.6 K/G. Im damaging ships but not killing enough. That hurts the team.

3. Yes, I use AP more than HE, especially on broadsides, but sometimes you gotta kite like a [edited] and burn at range.

4. More often than not I am in the top 3 of the team. I do tend to be isolated, but keep multiple ships occupied... and then am confused about why 8 team mates lose to 5 enemy.

only thought to save the last two replays for analysis (todays and yesterdays attempt). might not be a good indicator of normal game play from me... but anyhow, hope these work.

https://replayswows.com/replay/23928#stats

https://replayswows.com/replay/23929#stats

thanks. constructive criticism appreciated. gitgudnoob less so.

[KRAB]
Members
887 posts
7,326 battles

You are simply a victim of small sample size. Your stats as a whole (when adjusting for the win/loss record) correspond to a win rate likely ending up between 50 and 55%, so above average. 

You won't get a large number of kills in a Roon compared to your damage output - you have fairly low alpha and will be dealing a lot of chip damage with the 1/4 pen HE. 

I don't have time to look at the replays (2 games is not really enough anyways), but in general I would play at least 50 games before really taking a look at performance. I personally often grind through ships in less than that, so I know sample size is messing me up a fair bit. It takes a surprisingly large number of games for your win rate to converge to within 5% (95% confidence interval) of its true value. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,114 posts
20,344 battles

Like he said, small sample size.  Your numbers are good.  You'll have a good run soon.

Sign in to follow this