You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
C6tom

Boise question

41 comments in this topic

[USNGL]
Members
87 posts
5,378 battles

Does anyone know if the Boise is going to stay the boise and be an American Ship or is it going to be the Nueve De julio and thus not be bought by anyone? 

• Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[RKLES]
Members
11,761 posts
13,339 battles

If a ship is being tested under the flag of a certain nation then it typically stays with that nation, same with tanks. Now if another version of vehicle is made for another nation then it will be tested and released under that nation and be different in characteristics. Example of this are the USN DDs that had to be tested and then added to game, then Pan Asian DDs which are based of some of the USN DDs still needed to be tested under the Pan Asian flag.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,531 posts
12,810 battles

They have said it's likely going to Argentina.

[RLGN]
Members
13,270 posts
23,177 battles

Wonder who will get to be first, when/if they do a Pan South/Central American tree.

[SOUP]
[SOUP]
Members
1,582 posts
7,064 battles
26 minutes ago, C6tom said:

Does anyone know if the Boise is going to stay the boise and be an American Ship or is it going to be the Nueve De julio and thus not be bought by anyone? 

:fish_palm:

Members
1,366 posts

Last I heard sales of Premiums were way down.   BIG market for the game yet no ships for a large number of countries that had ships in the game. 

Just look at countries that operated former US Destroyers.  Crazy not to market to those countries Nationals.  

Edited by Toxic_Potato

[USNGL]
Members
87 posts
5,378 battles
44 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Ahhh, so Americans DO think they're the only people on the planet. Noted.
I guess the 44,000,000 Argentinians on this rock are just a lie invented by Liberals or something~
Y'know what, I'll buy it, just to prove you wrong. You just got a bunch of new US ships this past patch with more on the way, you don't need one more ship. Besides, you probably wouldn't buy it anyway, it would be announced and put on sale and then you'd just complain about the price. Not me, I'll buy it and then write on the side of it "C6tom was wrong" in big bold letters, then release it as a custom skin so that everyone else can enjoy it

It just that if they make it argentinian the captain is then only good for that country and since argentina has never had a navy (barely a coast guard) worth anything they aren't going to be adding more ships for it soon so it wouldn't even be useful as a captain trainer.  Wargaming and the community at large would be better served leaving a US designed and built ship as a US ship. Also I do plan on buying it if its American which is why I hope its not some argentine ship. 

Maybe they'll add the Belgrano for you.

Edited by C6tom
  • Cool 1

[USNGL]
Members
87 posts
5,378 battles
1 hour ago, Chobittsu said:

8th out of over 200 nations... my gods you cavemen are arrogant.  If you're so desperate for another US ship, why not as for Nome or Houston or Columbus or whatever other names you pick, it's city names for your cruisers, right? Throw a dart at the map and cry about that ship being added and leave the Argentinians alone.

They had a navy, the largest in South America. And, fun fact, they had more ships than Poland, Thailand, Indonesia, Korea, Taiwan or China during the years this game takes place in. So, should we ignore those six nations too? Well I guess that would mean removing them from the game. If you want to alienate one community for the sake of a single ship you might as well do it for the rest of the "tugboat fleets"

[EDIT]: Oh, better revoke use of the Hsienyang, Loyang, Yueyang and Chung Mu from the Pan-Asian tree. Wouldn't want those pesky Asians using your American toys now would you?   Clearly you need USS Rodman, USS Benson, USS Erban and USS Haynsworth more than they do. This is Wargaming's game, not yours. There is one of you and over 44 million potential Argentinian customers, 464 million in South and Central America that could have their nation's ships added to the game. The number of Americans that would buy the Boise is far outweighed by the number of people who would buy the ARA Nueve De Julio

I have nothing personal against argentinianians its just that I want to play the ship an American ship and I would like it flagged as such. I was not a big fan of them putting in the pan-Asian line when they did instead of doing another line like fleshing out the Royal Navy more or another larger more important navy. Also please don't try to  suggest that all 44 million argentinianians or all 464 million people in south america play World of Warships and are interested in buying  this ship it just makes no sense that's like saying all 320+million Americans want to buy the Boise it is no where near realistic.

To be more realistic I would wager that more people play the game in the United States then do argentina I am not quoting facts I don't have any exact data on it but judging from PC gaming numbers on steam when you compare the two countries it would make sense to extrapolate the US has more players thus more potential buyers. With this in mind I believe your last sentence to be false that more would buy the ara nueve de julio better known as the USS Boise.

Perhaps if Wargaming wants to add some argentinianian ships they should add some that were designed and built by argentina. 

Ships that have been added into the game shouldn't be removed as you suggest but to focus developer time on what are minor nations in my opinion is not the smartest move they should focus on finishing major nations like England and France and fixing CVs before moving on to other nations like those in Asia and South America that didn't play as big a part and whose navies were made up largely of ships from countries like the US and England. 

• Cool 2

[STW-N]
Members
3,763 posts
8,540 battles

I wonder if ARA General Belgrado, the former Brooklyn-class CL-46 USS Phoenix, could be an Argentinian premium ship.

If WG wanted, they could also just copy and paste General Belgrado and then sell it as one of the Brooklyn-classes for a premium US cruiser.

Then again, Boise is a Brooklyn class, but I wouldn't put it past WG to market copies of certain ships as premiums (they did it with Iowa/Missouri and Musashi/Yamato, after all).

• Cool 1

[SOUP]
[SOUP]
Members
1,582 posts
7,064 battles

What WG could..nah, should do is sell the ship with both options as camouflage (Skins), So any player that has it can switch between Boise or 9 de Julio. That could be the premium bundle. Also sell each separately for those who only want the Boise or the 9 de Julio. It wouldn't make much difference regarding the CG model geometry.

So There.

• Cool 2

[USNGL]
Members
87 posts
5,378 battles
7 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

Well then you'll have to remove a lot of Japanese ships as many before the 1930s were built in England. Oh and no more Commonwealth tree, and all those lend-lease Russian ships are gone, because only Americans can have American ships.
"They didn't play that big of a role"?    Okay, let's remove Italy and France next since they didn't do much, I mean, the French only had a handful of ships active in the war, we don't need those. The rest of the Pan-Asian ships too will then have to go since the rest are British or Russian.   Oh we should also remove the Germans, since most of their ships were paper designs and didn't really see much action. After all, Blucher was by Norwegian coastal artillery, total disgrace, totally not worth having in the game at all, Remove Hipper-class.
No Canadian, no Australian, no New Zealand ships at all. Cause everyone knows that they didn't do anything during the war at all, it was all America.

But don't worry, we'll make up for it by adding every single named Fletcher-class destroyer to the game, all 175 of them, that should more than make up for the difference.

Starting to see the problem with your logic here? Oh, of course you don't, you can't see past your own nose. But if you could, you'd note that WG doesn't care. They made the change, if you don't like it, boycott the game or play the Cleveland or Baltimore, which are the direct descendants of the design.

You have to share your game with Hispanics whether you like it or not. They have navies too.
You sold them the ship, it's theirs.
ARA_9_de_julio.jpg

Now if you'll excuse me, having a nap is more important to me than this "conversation". Be sure to like share and subscribe for more epic content and don't forget to spam that report button to alert the staff that someone on this forum isn't an American   ;P

Well Italy and France did a lot more then argentina did in the war by being in the war.  As far as existing ships as I said earlier I don't want them removed as that's a waste of time and resources however they shouldn't be wasting developer time with lesser navies until the major powers are done then they can move on to something like a Pan South American line if they want.  The Perth for example is the same kind of thing. They aren't adding more Commonwealth ships for a very long time so to own the Perth is essentially a waste for in game stuff as you can't train captains on it which is the primary purpose of premium ships as Credits are so easy to come by nowadays.  

To be clear I'm not making this a race issue so stop trying to suggest that I am against Hispanic people. I don't care about the fact its argentianian I care that its not American. I would've started the same forum post if they were making it a Australian or New Zealand ship or if they were making it a Filipino ship or Indian or literally any other nation but the US. 

My suggestion for this is to leave the premium as an American and then when they do the Pan South American Cruiser line have them add the Belgrano as the T7 cruiser for it and problem solved everyone's happy. 

Now as to my earlier point of designing and building I was a little off I understand that in this time a lot of ships were outsourced if you will to other nations as opposed to being built right at home.  

I want to buy this ship the videos I have seen of it have made it look very good and enjoyable to play and I would like to add another US ship to my collection but if its the ara nueve de julio in my opinion its a waste of money and time for WG as I believe more people would buy it as the USS Boise instead of the julio. 

• Cool 3

[SOUP]
Modder, Supertester
8,698 posts
10 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

I wonder if ARA General Belgrado, the former Brooklyn-class CL-46 USS Phoenix, could be an Argentinian premium ship.

If WG wanted, they could also just copy and paste General Belgrado and then sell it as one of the Brooklyn-classes for a premium US cruiser.

Then again, Boise is a Brooklyn class, but I wouldn't put it past WG to market copies of certain ships as premiums (they did it with Iowa/Missouri and Musashi/Yamato, after all).

They already stated they're going to avoid the Belgrano due to old wounds from the Falkland War still being fresh in the minds of the locals.   It's better to use a the Julio.    Plus if they added Belgrano then you'd have this kid crying things like "They should have made it USS Phoenix!!!"

• Cool 1

Members
91 posts
6,587 battles

How about WG copies  their Omaha Premiums solution. Just like  Murmansk/Marblehead and produce two different versions of the Boise, one for each nation?  USA- Boise and ARG - Belgrano

• Cool 2

[SOUP]
[SOUP]
Members
1,582 posts
7,064 battles
10 hours ago, Player_7629970598 said:

How about WG copies  their Omaha Premiums solution. Just like  Murmansk/Marblehead and produce two different versions of the Boise, one for each nation?  USA- Boise and ARG - Belgrano Nueve de Julio

Great examples. Better presented than what I posted earlier.
Well done. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by Cruiser_SanJuan
  • Cool 1

[USNGL]
Members
87 posts
5,378 battles

16 hours ago, Player_7629970598 said:

How about WG copies  their Omaha Premiums solution. Just like  Murmansk/Marblehead and produce two different versions of the Boise, one for each nation?  USA- Boise and ARG - Belgrano

This is a good solution and its a good idea. 

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,363 posts
681 battles

If that happened, though, people would complain about not ONE more RADAR ship but TWO more RADAR ships. 

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,531 posts
12,810 battles
19 hours ago, ramp4ge said:

If that happened, though, people would complain about not ONE more RADAR ship but TWO more RADAR ships. 

Give the US version no radar.

• Boring 1

[USNGL]
Members
87 posts
5,378 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

Give the US version no radar.

I would say give the argentinian Version no Radar either they both would get radar or neither one would get radar. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,531 posts
12,810 battles

While I'd have preferred that there was a tech tree version, I don't see any reason to not give people a solid reason to buy the Argentinean ship.

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,663 posts
On 6/2/2018 at 11:27 PM, Player_7629970598 said:

:Smile_Default::Smile_great:This:Smile_medal:

On 6/3/2018 at 10:09 AM, Cruiser_SanJuan said:

Great examples. Better presented than what I posted earlier.
Well done. :Smile_honoring:

:Smile_coin::Smile_Default:

On 6/3/2018 at 4:02 PM, C6tom said:

This is a good solution and its a good idea. 

:Smile_coin::Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[--K--]
Members
5,326 posts
16,596 battles

I think this is the second time I've seen the above sentiment expressed about the Boise. And both times I've thought it reveals a very narrow and stupid way of looking at the Boise. 

Did people avoid purchasing the LoYang because it was an American ship that flew a different Flag? Was it avoided because it was in a nation with no tech tree counter parts? No, people bought the ship and its sister the Anshan because they were good ships. The same thinking could be said about the Perth but it isn't. I wonder why. 

So judging this T7 cruiser on the soul basis of whether it is named Boise or Nueve De Julio is very short sighted. Judge a ship on the merits of what it brings to the game and its strengths or weakness. Don't judge a ship by the design of its flag. 

I also suspect a lot of people in the US will purchase the Boise or Nueve De Julio despite the flag it flays or name it carries. These will be the Collectors, The people who see value in the ship, or those our friends south of the Equator. Heck I would buy just to mess with those who think it won't sell under the Pan American flag. 

:cap_cool: 

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,663 posts
On 6/2/2018 at 11:27 PM, Player_7629970598 said:

Whether this :Smile_great:

34 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

I think this is the second time I've seen the above sentiment expressed about the Boise. And both times I've thought it reveals a very narrow and stupid way of looking at the Boise. 

Did people avoid purchasing the LoYang because it was an American ship that flew a different Flag? Was it avoided because it was in a nation with no tech tree counter parts? No, people bought the ship and its sister the Anshan because they were good ships. The same thinking could be said about the Perth but it isn't. I wonder why. 

So judging this T7 cruiser on the soul basis of whether it is named Boise or Nueve De Julio is very short sighted. Judge a ship on the merits of what it brings to the game and its strengths or weakness. Don't judge a ship by the design of its flag. 

I also suspect a lot of people in the US will purchase the Boise or Nueve De Julio despite the flag it flays or name it carries. These will be the Collectors, The people who see value in the ship, or those our friends south of the Equator. Heck I would buy just to mess with those who think it won't sell under the Pan American flag. 

Or this :Smile_great: or a third option just issue the ship with the option to buy a camo switching nations,<<<--<<   Any of the above scenarios could make everyone happy Including WG  and everyone wins:Smile_medal::Smile_coin::Smile_Default: >>-->>> Oh and this would be/could be solution be an option for the USS Alaska,Kronshtadt  problem too  IE  Some people are happy with Kronshtadt  others want the USS Alaska((I'll Pass on both thank you)however everyone could be happy that way

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 2

[USNGL]
Members
87 posts
5,378 battles
1 hour ago, RedSeaBear said:

As I've stated earlier I don't care about it being argentinian I want it US flagged because that way it has more value to me. I can train different captains on it as well as earning credits. If its the Julio I would not be able to use it as a captain trainer which removes a lot of its value to me. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,531 posts
12,810 battles
3 hours ago, RedSeaBear said:

It will sell some, but I dont think it will sell as much as selling Boise + NDJ.  I don't advocate only selling Boise.  I advocate selling both, because why not?

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,363 posts
681 battles
On 6/11/2018 at 12:03 PM, RedSeaBear said:

Did people avoid purchasing the LoYang because it was an American ship that flew a different Flag

LoYang is a Benson, which is a tech tree ship.

Boise is a Brooklyn-class ship, which isn't on the tech tree. Personally, I think Boise and Helena should be swapped, but hey. I mean, Helena was the 2nd ship of a 2-ship subclass of the Brooklyn. Yet the only Brooklyn represented in game is the Boise which probably won't even be American. 

• Cool 1