You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Avenge_December_7

Time To Shelve My Carriers Until The USN Cruiser Craze Dies Down

8 comments in this topic

[STW-N]
Members
3,764 posts
8,540 battles

Out of morbid curiosity, today I decided to take my Essex out into battle just to see how many USN cruisers would be around...never again.

Sure, I ended up doing a solid 128k and getting a King of the Air achievement, but the amount of defensive fire that round was horrendous: pretty much every torpedo drop I attempted ended up being messed up by defensive fire from a USN cruiser, and even the one that wasn't spread out still took horrendous losses from AA.

I'm sure there are those of you viewing this post that absolutely despise CVs, to whom I say, you have been granted your wish (temporarily). Time to keep my CV head low until the craze dies down.

LeT6.gif

Edited by Avenge_December_7
  • Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
9,054 posts
17,196 battles

For me, I will get my CV fix in tier 4 and 5 for now. Anything above that and man its inconsistent due to the multi role the CV plays. One game you have a monster game the next game its terrible but you spotted the red fleet to win. With the US cruiser getting stronger AA, that inconsistently will only going to get worse. I love CV play but upper tiers My respect for you guys. Seriously.

[RLGN]
Members
13,283 posts
23,177 battles
10 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

For me, I will get my CV fix in tier 4 and 5 for now. Anything above that and man its inconsistent due to the multi role the CV plays. One game you have a monster game the next game its terrible but you spotted the red fleet to win. With the US cruiser getting stronger AA, that inconsistently will only going to get worse. I love CV play but upper tiers My respect for you guys. Seriously.

This^^^

Just play your low tiers.

[KOHAI]
Members
1,676 posts
5,127 battles

I’m sad that I’ll have to ditch my Taino for a little while, but my ryujo is always still there. The high tier CA craze will be around for quite while, if the German BB craze taught us anything.

[NG-NL]
Members
6,142 posts
9,801 battles

They're only untouchable w/ full AA build. Once they lack Bofors, they're vulnerable. It's only groups of them I am unlikely to touch in Taiho. Main issue is they always get DF--kinda stupid.

More proof the AA-designation (ctrl + LMB click) should have been removed. Hopefully the CV rework includes something that addresses this issue.

Members
2 posts
3,246 battles
On 2018-06-01 at 11:32 PM, Avenge_December_7 said:

Out of morbid curiosity, today I decided to take my Essex out into battle just to see how many USN cruisers would be around...never again.

Sure, I ended up doing a solid 128k and getting a King of the Air achievement, but the amount of defensive fire that round was horrendous: pretty much every torpedo drop I attempted ended up being messed up by defensive fire from a USN cruiser, and even the one that wasn't spread out still took horrendous losses from AA.

I'm sure there are those of you viewing this post that absolutely despise CVs, to whom I say, you have been granted your wish (temporarily). Time to keep my CV head low until the craze dies down.

LeT6.gif

I'll admit it, I'm a filthy USN cruiser player. CV's don't bother me, even when I play German DD's or IJN DD's. What bothers me is the massive difference between certain carriers, i.e Essex being way worse then Taiho or Kaga being significantly better then her contemporaries. I don't care about historical relevance, I just would like some more balance between IJN and USN CV's, especially at high tiers. The only high tier USN CV that is superior, IMO, is Enterprise. CV is the one role where skill disparity is exploited to an exponential degree. A poor BB player can still do well and benefit his/her team without altering the balance of the game. However even if an above average CV player meets a little bit better player, odds are the the better one will win and their CV will eventually run rampant. I have 0 games with or against GZ so I can't comment on her

[LRSSG]
Members
43 posts

CVs aren't the only ones taking the hit. BBs and DDs are getting hit hard too. BBs are being lit on fire from every direction by cruisers hiding behind islands. And DDs are getting swamped by cruiser radar. I do feel that it is getting a bit ridiculous.