You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Usedcarjock

This is Why Cleveland Needs IFHE

22 comments in this topic

[SEALZ]
Members
664 posts
7,474 battles

shot-18_06.01_19_45.27-0990.thumb.jpg.6aeb296b03f7977b5e016e48efc0f724.jpg

216 hits, 8 fires, only 61k damage. Compared to:

image.thumb.png.7ea56c643cd5b508fed158ef3f998edf.png

When you are shattering your shells on tier 6 bbs, you KNOW the struggle is real. In other news I finally had a win streak higher than one today so that's nice.

[STW-N]
Members
3,753 posts
8,525 battles

Ugh, and here I have a 12-pt Cleveland captain with concealment instead of IFHE.

I wonder if I should just re-spec for 250 of the 500 doubloons I currently have and get IFHE instead.

Thoughts?

Edited by Avenge_December_7

[KWF]
Members
3,923 posts
5,894 battles
13 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Ugh, and here I have a 12-pt Cleveland captain with concealment instead of IFHE.

I wonder if I should just re-spec for 250 of the 500 doubloons I currently have and get IFHE instead.

Thoughts?

Unless you really want to play Cleveland NOW, theres a commander retraining weekend near the end of June. So you can re-spec cheaper as well, provided you aren't gonna play Cleveland for a while.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
3,310 posts
13,637 battles

No one ever said IFHE doesn't benefit Cleveland. The perk was recommended when she was T6, it still work against T10. Especially against T10

[STW-N]
Members
3,753 posts
8,525 battles
2 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Unless you really want to play Cleveland NOW, theres a commander retraining weekend near the end of June. So you can re-spec cheaper as well, provided you aren't gonna play Cleveland for a while.

Huh, I guess I'll wait then.

Do you recommend IFHE first or concealment?

[KWF]
Members
3,923 posts
5,894 battles
1 minute ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Haven't played Cleve myself yet, was never that keen on her anyway. A friend of mine who is running her with a 10 point Commander and IFHE has about 10,4km detection which is workable. You miss having  almost the same Radar range as the spotting range, but I think it's worth it for being able to damage stuff.

Members
1,684 posts
7,978 battles
9 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Thoughts?

Either that or use elite captain XP. The Cleveland has workable concealment without CE — Not great, but enough to get you to an island safely. IFHE makes a gigantic difference in your damage, especially when you are bottom tier. 

[13TH]
Members
4,898 posts
8,825 battles
2 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

In this meta of Cleveland tier Vlll that can only shoot 15 + k  fully spectd and not that accurately at long ranges unless you play it a LOT and your battling X ships that shoot very accurately up to 21 k than anything that lowers your detection is good, your going to have to be stealthy to survive here find that Island to shoot over .. go with any thing that increases fire the 6.5 second reloads is good for that 

[MPIRE]
Members
1,662 posts
21,910 battles
4 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

In this meta of Cleveland tier Vlll that can only shoot 15 + k  fully spectd and not that accurately at long ranges unless you play it a LOT and your battling X ships that shoot very accurately up to 21 k than anything that lowers your detection is good, your going to have to be stealthy to survive here find that Island to shoot over .. go with any thing that increases fire the 6.5 second reloads is good for that 

If you're playing using island cover (as you should be) then your concealment matters less. Better to be able to actually do damage when you fire.

[RLGN]
Members
13,228 posts
23,147 battles
9 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Soooooo... basically no point in playing Cleaveland anymore, unless you’re some stripe of unicum whose skill and luck always puts them in the perfect spot, allowing them to rain down fire like an Atlanta, and not get deleted by the likes of Missouri’s, Yamato’s, Moskvas, Hindys, and GkFs...

Gottcha... :Smile_sceptic:

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,713 posts
12,141 battles

Protip: Use the "2" key from time to time. It works great in the Akizuki and it worked on T6 Cleveland, both with no IFHE. It will work just fine on T8 Cleveland.

Edited by HazardDrake

[MPIRE]
Members
1,662 posts
21,910 battles
10 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Soooooo... basically no point in playing Cleaveland anymore, unless you’re some stripe of unicum whose skill and luck always puts them in the perfect spot, allowing them to rain down fire like an Atlanta, and not get deleted by the likes of Missouri’s, Yamato’s, Moskvas, Hindys, and GkFs...

Gottcha... :Smile_sceptic:

Hasn't that been how the Cleveland's been played up until now anyway? Besides, you don't need to be some stripe of unicum to position at islands and use cover.

[POP]
Members
1,294 posts
10,130 battles

Seven games in Cleveland. Always in top 3 of my team. 0% win rate. Usually over 80k damage.

sigh. 

[RLGN]
Members
13,228 posts
23,147 battles
37 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

Hasn't that been how the Cleveland's been played up until now anyway? Besides, you don't need to be some stripe of unicum to position at islands and use cover.

If you were me, you’d understand...

Get in position, whole enemy fleet suddenly appears, to stay is to die.

Get into position, all the spotting ships die, the enemies die, or spotting is suddenly cut off for some other reason, effort wasted...

That kind of play has pretty much never worked for me as a deliberate act, some kind of bovine byproducts always screws it up. It’s only worked when I’ve stayed mobile, and recognized a sudden opportunity to stop in cover and spam fire.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

Members
1,924 posts
7,591 battles
55 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

At T8 I'd go concealment first.  You'll wish you took IFHE first when behind an island shelling some BB who's reversing, but you need to get to that island before you shoot, and need to get undetected if you end up on a dying flank.  

[TASC]
Members
367 posts
9,035 battles

and this is why i will do a run of 10 games in it both in co-op and random and see it it needs sold. from the few games i have done already it is  heading to the scrap yard. the number of shattered shells hits i get on cruisers is more than i get with my atlanta. the cleveland can't take a hit and can't deal damage unless she is top tier. so either MM needs fixed or the ship does. to be honest all T8 ships have the same problem, that is being dropped into T10 games and the armour and such makes them immune to your shells because how steep the the tiers are.  

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
13,228 posts
23,147 battles
12 minutes ago, rutilius83 said:

and this is why i will do a run of 10 games in it both in co-op and random and see it it needs sold. from the few games i have done already it is  heading to the scrap yard. the number of shattered shells hits i get on cruisers is more than i get with my atlanta. the cleveland can't take a hit and can't deal damage unless she is top tier. so either MM needs fixed or the ship does. to be honest all T8 ships have the same problem, that is being dropped into T10 games and the armour and such makes them immune to your shells because how steep the the tiers are.  

Pretty much why I despise high tiers; my gunnery has never been good enough, or RNG kind enough; to compete usefully against players who seem to be able to constantly drop shells straight down the hatches leading right to someone’s citadel, angling be damned.

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
572 posts
5,833 battles

Yeah, I specced my commodore for concealment rather than IFHE.  CE seemed like a waste, because as soon as I got spotted it was pretty much over unless I was behind a big chunk of rock.  I could've used the extra damage in my co-op games.  Everything seemed to bounce right off.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,480 posts
4,602 battles
1 hour ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Thoughts?

As per warheart, go slowly.  CE is a reasonable choice for new Beaver, and you should easily make it to late June.  See how she plays; then you'll be able to tell how IFHE does for you, should you switch to it. 

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,859 posts
4,861 battles

You won't get paid if you can't do damage...survival be darned, captain won't go anywhere either way.

...so I picked IFHE...