You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
w4spl3g

PSA: Freedom Crates. This is a bad omen.

17 comments in this topic

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,241 posts

As someone who spent a stupid amount of money on both the Halloween and Santa Crates with in the last year, I find this to be a very bad omen:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/premiumshop-monthly-june/

Also, there is a chance of finding a special combat mission in the container. The reward for its completion is one of the following five U.S. ships: Sims, Monaghan, Atlanta, Kidd, or Tier VIII Cleveland.

The ship comes with a Commander with 3 skill points, a Port slot, and all the modules. If you get Cleveland, you will also receive a commemorative patch. With Monaghan you can get a unique flag. If you receive a ship that is already in your Port, you will still get a Commander and a slot, as well as credits equal to the purchase price of the ship.

You can find more details about the "American Cruisers" collection here.

This is a BIG departure from how it's been working. You're supposed to receive DUBLOONS for premium ships you already have. Just in case you didn't know, you can buy credits with dubloons but not vice versa. So we're clear, I don't expect dubloons for the Cleveland. But I do own all the rest of those (premium) ships except the Monaghan and I would definitely expect to receive dubloons for them.

Don't get cheap on me, Dodgson

Edited by w4spl3g
  • Cool 4

[MPIRE]
Members
1,662 posts
21,943 battles

Yeah, if these were santa crates or something you spend money on, I'd agree, but they're free so whatever, I'm not gonna complain.

[CNM88]
Members
548 posts
2,713 battles

Thought these were free. Wouldn't worry too much. Something to farm for or whatever.

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,664 posts
15,988 battles

It was inevitable that it would change at some point - the deal was just too sweet.  In the first season of Santa Crates - you might get 2 or 3 copies of the same ship in a drop of containers, and got doubloons and captains for each duplicate.  Santa 2017 was different in that if a ship you already had came up in the drop, it just picked a different ship from the list.  Most recently if you bought premium ship packages from the special they ran, and you already owned the ship - you got the doubloon value for it - but that was a cash purchase.  It seems like if they are giving stuff away now, they expect to only return credits for duplicates - if you purchase it you will get doubloons. 

That's fair and probably a smart business model.

[RLGN]
Members
13,295 posts
23,188 battles
1 minute ago, Ju87s said:

Yeah, if these were santa crates or something you spend money on, I'd agree, but they're free so whatever, I'm not gonna complain.

ninja’d...

Yeah, those seem like pretty easy missions to get those ships, and they all run at the same time, so no problem with that on my end.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,241 posts
3 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

2 minutes ago, LiaoXanLan said:

Thought these were free. Wouldn't worry too much. Something to farm for or whatever.

You got a few Santa Crates for free as well. Most were sold. These are $100 for 30 very similar.

Just now, Wombatmetal said:

This is not at all a departure for WG. If you buy a ship and pay cash, you get gold. If you win a ship in a mission, you get silver.

This is how the other titles run missions.  Its standard practice

Duplicate premiums from Santa Crates gave dubloons.

Edited by w4spl3g

[NMKJT]
Members
4,078 posts
15 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

As someone who spent a stupid amount of money on both the Halloween and Santa Crates with in the last year, I find this to be a very bad omen:

This is a BIG departure from how it's been working. You're supposed to receive DUBLOONS for premium ships you already have. Just in case you didn't know, you can buy credits with dubloons but not vice versa. So we're clear, I don't expect dubloons for the Cleveland. But I do own all the rest of those (premium) ships except the Monaghan and I would definitely expect to receive dubloons for them.

This is not at all a departure for WG. If you buy a ship and pay cash, you get gold. If you win a ship in a mission, you get silver.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,241 posts
2 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

That literally contradicts what they said. If I PAY $100 for 30 crates and get duplicate premium ships it does not give dubloons. It has given dubloons in the past. If it gave credits from the quest line crates only I wouldn't care.

[MPIRE]
Members
1,662 posts
21,943 battles
3 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

You got a few Santa Crates for free as well.

Did we? If we did, they were probably just the $1 ones.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,139 posts
5 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

That literally contradicts what they said. If I PAY $100 for 30 crates and get duplicate premium ships it does not give dubloons. It has given dubloons in the past. If it gave credits from the quest line crates only I wouldn't care.

If I understand you correctly, you are saying "in the past" if you received duplicate ships in the crates you purchased, you got doubloons, not silver - correct? 

And so you are saying, in the past -  the regular game drops gave silver, but those you purchased would give doubloons? 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,721 posts
22,075 battles

Yeah I don't remember any of the crates giving credits for duplicate ships before. This is new. Anyways it does not matter, after my experience with the Aigle crates (or whatever those were) I am not spending one dime on crates ever again. 

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,241 posts
12 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

If I understand you correctly, you are saying "in the past" if you received duplicate ships in the crates you purchased, you got doubloons, not silver - correct? 

And so you are saying, in the past -  the regular game drops gave silver, but those you purchased would give doubloons? 

Correct.

[NMKJT]
Members
4,078 posts
1 hour ago, w4spl3g said:

If it gave you a ship you would get doubloons, it doesn't give you a ship, it gives you a mission. Missions get silver for dupes. That is consistent, whether I like it or not

[PVE]
Members
19,797 posts
11,994 battles

Apples to oranges.

With the Santa crates, you had to buy them to get them. So $$ were directly tied to ships.

You do NOT have to buy the American crates to get the missions for the premium ships. The American crates you earn have a chance at getting the mission.

The crates are setup differently.

• Cool 1

Members
376 posts
5 battles

You got a few Santa Crates for free as well. Most were sold. These are $100 for 30 very similar.

Duplicate premiums from Santa Crates gave dubloons.

You do realize that these ships are not given to you straight out but you have to earn them in a stupidly easy mission but it's still via a MISSION, ships gained via mission have generally been for silver value. 

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
[CO-OP]
Members
705 posts
20,596 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Apples to oranges.

With the Santa crates, you had to buy them to get them. So $$ were directly tied to ships.

You do NOT have to buy the American crates to get the missions for the premium ships. The American crates you earn have a chance at getting the mission.

The crates are setup differently.

^^ This

[PVE]
Members
19,797 posts
11,994 battles
Just now, TheNargacuga said:

You do realize that these ships are not given to you straight out but you have to earn them in a stupidly easy mission but it's still via a MISSION, ships gained via mission have generally been for silver value. 

^^This as well