You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
S_DMC_5

Halsey campaign is so hard.

40 comments in this topic

Members
672 posts
2,902 battles

They say it's permanent - hopefully that means actually permanent and not Missouri Permanent.  So you should have all the time you need to complete it.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,108 posts
7 minutes ago, S_DMC_5 said:

shot-18_06.02_07_14.22-0216.thumb.jpg.b63c30f1a7116c534d6d33d82fc3a4c4.jpg

Now all it takes is 15 stars.

But the stars are so easy to get. All you have to do is earn 11 trillion credits, 107 billion commander experience, sink 19 battleships in a single battle, without sustaining any damage, and be the top xp earner in 5000 battles. Then repeat this process 46 more times, and from then on, you can have different colored shells that mark you out as a priority target.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 10

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,528 battles

Jesus Christ do you guys need someone to bring some cheese for that whine? Are you trying to unlock Bill "Bull" Halsey, or Bill "Hugs for All" Halsey?

• Cool 4
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 2

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
16 minutes ago, S_DMC_5 said:

Its not that hard, especially if you were around for the Admiral Yamamoto Isoroku campaign and or I'll go back even further to the Steven Seagal the now John Doe captain.  Those were ten times harder than the current Bill Halsey campaign so be lucky.  Not to mention this is a permanant campaign so it will be around for a while.  Not like it's going anywhere anytime soon.

[O-PN]
[O-PN]
Members
9,111 posts
10,491 battles

You say its so hard, and yet it literally just started, and you're already at the end.

• Funny 3

[DPG]
Members
1,766 posts
7,949 battles
1 minute ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

You say its so hard, and yet it literally just started, and you're already at the end.

I was thinking this exact thing.  I've been working on the Yammy campaign for so long I forgot.

[B2P]
Members
568 posts
18,635 battles
1 minute ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Hmmm, methinks OP is being a bit sarcastic.  :cap_cool:

Beta Testers
2,965 posts
24,101 battles

I did the Yamamoto campaign in two weeks it's not hard , just go for the easy stars over and over again 

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,221 posts
10,721 battles
1 hour ago, S_DMC_5 said:

either you're being sarcastic or.......i dont know what else to say, cant be that hard if youve gotten to the last mission within 2 days of it coming to the game

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,722 posts
22,077 battles
43 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

I did the Yamamoto campaign in two weeks it's not hard , just go for the easy stars over and over again 

I am a full on potato player and it only took me a couple of weeks to finish that one as well. I will check the Wiki but this new campaign requires a lot of stars, don't remember the Honors or Yamamoto campaign needing quite this many. 

Members
195 posts
4,695 battles

not hard, but I hate campaigns that require tier 8+ ships.   I really don't like playing at that tier. I don't enjoy the ships.  I don't like the tactics.  I don't like the maps.  I wish WG would try to design some of these events so they would actually be fun.  Instead of motivating me to get tier 10, these missions motivate me to not give a damn about getting Yamamoto or Halsey.  The only hard thing about these missions is caring whether I get it done or not.

• Cool 3

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,528 battles
14 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

No, but apparently you could use some change so you can call someone who gives a f**k what you think.

>Says something numb in a public space
>Gets made fun of for saying dumb things.
>Gets upset that other people replied to public comments meant to instigate replies.

Go to Walmart and head for the pharmacy section. Maybe they have something there to calm your tits.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,528 battles
Just now, Gothik_Knight said:

not hard, but I hate campaigns that require tier 8+ ships.   I really don't like playing at that tier. I don't enjoy the ships.  I don't like the tactics.  I don't like the maps.  I wish WG would try to design some of these events so they would actually be fun.  Instead of motivating me to get tier 10, these missions motivate me to not give a damn about getting Yamamoto or Halsey.  The only hard thing about these missions is caring whether I get it done or not.

I think some of these things are put into t8+ brackets either to actually make it easier (think of how long and hard it would be to do some of the credits or damage or exp missions in low tiers where rewards are just generally lower). The other main reason I think they do it is because some of the tasks are to do things like get citadel hits and they don't want experienced players to drop down into tier 3 with the Saint Louis or something and farm Halsey Points off complete novices to the game.

[TIMT]
Supertester
535 posts
1,146 battles

Wish it was 7-10, then I'd have a blast finishing it as I enjoy most of my t7 ships the most.

• Cool 2

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,720 posts
13,934 battles

Look at it like this, when you don't win you will never lose a star

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,722 posts
22,077 battles
2 hours ago, Captain_Dorja said:

I think some of these things are put into t8+ brackets either to actually make it easier (think of how long and hard it would be to do some of the credits or damage or exp missions in low tiers where rewards are just generally lower). The other main reason I think they do it is because some of the tasks are to do things like get citadel hits and they don't want experienced players to drop down into tier 3 with the Saint Louis or something and farm Halsey Points off complete novices to the game.

It is possible I suppose. Personally I think it is to fill the upper tier queues since many players don't care for it. Good players probably don't care what tier they have to play to do the campaign. They probably don't need to drop down to seal club any. Players concerned about stats, whether they are good or average, are going to seal club no matter what. One only has to read the forums to know many players hate tier 8+. BTW I farm far more credits playing in lower tiers in PvE or PvP than I do with a tier 8. You are punished economically at the upper tiers and if you only have a mediocre game and lose, you tend to lose credits on top of that (assuming standard account and no flags). There have been plenty of tier 6+ campaigns where I didn't notice any particular increase in seal clubbing going on. Course it is always hard to tell, almost every PvP match is a curb stomping one way or the other. Very few matches are close affairs. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,528 battles
28 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

It is possible I suppose. Personally I think it is to fill the upper tier queues since many players don't care for it. Good players probably don't care what tier they have to play to do the campaign. They probably don't need to drop down to seal club any. Players concerned about stats, whether they are good or average, are going to seal club no matter what. One only has to read the forums to know many players hate tier 8+. BTW I farm far more credits playing in lower tiers in PvE or PvP than I do with a tier 8. You are punished economically at the upper tiers and if you only have a mediocre game and lose, you tend to lose credits on top of that (assuming standard account and no flags). There have been plenty of tier 6+ campaigns where I didn't notice any particular increase in seal clubbing going on. Course it is always hard to tell, almost every PvP match is a curb stomping one way or the other. Very few matches are close affairs. 

Mathematically speaking, if all things between teams were even the statistically most common result should be defeats where 1 team loses 12 ships and only destroys 1. It's one of those things to toss out there. People lose a match 5-12 or by 400 points or something and claim that it was a complete walkover by one side over the other. They think that if things are close than more matches should end like 12-10 or something and they call anything worse than that a blow out. Just keep in mind that if everything were perfectly evenly matched, the mathematically most common outcome is 12-1, so when things aren't even close to being perfectly balanced and people only loose 5-12 or whatever, they're actually doing a lot better than what should be expected.

Weird ways to make defeats less irritating. Different perspectives broaden horizons or some shlt.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,722 posts
22,077 battles
52 minutes ago, Captain_Dorja said:

Weird ways to make defeats less irritating. Different perspectives broaden horizons or some shlt.

LOL that is beautifully said. 

[13TH]
Members
4,898 posts
8,829 battles
6 hours ago, Doombeagle said:

But the stars are so easy to get. All you have to do is earn 11 trillion credits, 107 billion commander experience, sink 19 battleships in a single battle, without sustaining any damage, and be the top xp earner in 5000 battles. Then repeat this process 46 more times, and from then on, you can have different colored shells that mark you out as a priority target.

You forgot about the 1 battle yea gotta play in Co-op ... oh yea you don’t need to win .. sweet...

I love Those Russians !

Vladimir is my Hero!

That last Good for a 4 game win streak with Great MM

[MIA-I]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
1,298 posts
13,627 battles

I've completed all the campaigns before this one. This one allows you to complete the entire thing in Co-Op. Complaints are invalid as far as I am concerned. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
24,803 posts
21,855 battles
19 hours ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

gRk1uZm.gif

• Cool 1