You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Driftwood1844

Why is WG Trolling us with FLEET ASSIGNMENT - BELFAST

22 comments in this topic

[TSF_1]
Members
3,298 posts
7,482 battles

No. It was removed from sale for a reason, and a good one at that. If you want the OP ships, wait for Christmas and load up on crates, but having fewer Belfasts around makes for a healthier T5-7 environment for new-ish players to learn and improve.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[HSD]
Members
630 posts
11,807 battles

So we want more radar to go with the current serving of radar?

Which will then be topped off with a dessert of "even more radar!" next patch.

<- Evil Payfast owner.

Edited by Meatshield_No13
  • Funny 1

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,589 posts
13,053 battles

Yeah lets not bring back Belfast.

While we're at it, let's stop selling Saipan and Kaga :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 2

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,413 posts
11,125 battles
5 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

If you want a T7 radar cruiser, Indianapolis is available for free. I passed on Belfast and stuck with Fiji.

Where did you see Indianapolis for free? Its not in the in game mission board?

Members
4,399 posts
17,658 battles
6 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

If you want a T7 radar cruiser, Indianapolis is available for free. I passed on Belfast and stuck with Fiji.

Fiji's a damn good bote. She rivals Belfast as being my favorite tier 7 ship.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
8 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

There's a series of missions starting now you can complete to get it.

Members
1,866 posts
5 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Oops, my bad...the collection gives you American camo and flags, not the ship. I had heard that it included the ship. Instead, you can use the Indianapolis to gain collection containers.

Members
1,866 posts
Just now, cometguy said:

There's a series of missions starting now you can complete to get it.

You're saying what I thought it was, too. Unless it's part of the next update, I don't see it mentioned.

[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Indianapolis Marathon Missions do 21 of 26 missions during the month of june and july. Look for it in your Combat missions 

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
4 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

You're saying what I thought it was, too. Unless it's part of the next update, I don't see it mentioned.

Hmm, the in game event says you complete 21 of 26 missions to claim Indianapolis.

[--K--]
Members
6,370 posts
14,028 battles

Honestly, it's bad that such a historic museum ship like the Belfast is no longer for sale. However they are caught between a rock and a hard place with it. They can't change the ship to make it saleable without having to reimburse all current owners of it and they can't sell an op ship. 

I think they should re release it. However they should re release it as a t8 premium it its pre '56 config. That would basically be a copy paste of the Edinburgh, but leave it its he, give it a heal and torps and give it the option between smoke and radar. Then the eddy maintains its better ap while the Belfast gets the option for he. They could differentiate between the 2 with the year of the refit that is modeled

You'd have the t7 Belfast 1956 and the t8 Belfast 1945

Edited by Ducky_shot

[RLGN]
Members
13,228 posts
23,147 battles
1 hour ago, pikohan said:

Yeah lets not bring back Belfast.

While we're at it, let's stop selling Saipan and Kaga :Smile_sceptic:

I’m down with that, then I’ll have three ships that aren’t longer for sale.

55 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Sold Fiji because its soggy crumpet throwers apparently can’t hurt anything; also Leander and Eddy.

No plans to bother with Neptune and Mino-tan. Belfast rots slowly in Suisun Bay.

31 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Hmm, the in game event says you complete 21 of 26 missions to claim Indianapolis.

Saw the missions in my port this morning, should be available unless maybe a player doesn’t have any quailed for the event ships?

Already have it anyway, will be skipping the marathon unless I somehow accidentally complete it.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,121 posts
1 hour ago, Meatshield_No13 said:

So we want more radar to go with the current serving of radar?

Which will then be topped off with a dessert of "even more radar!" next patch.

<- Evil Payfast owner.

I want the pay... Belfast buffed with torps as an option to hydro. There. I think that'll do it nicely. She'll be on an even keel with her competitors now. 

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
879 posts
15,427 battles

You get the Indianapolis when you complete all the missions. Current owners of the ship, well, this:

"If you already have Indianapolis in your Port, you’ll receive a commander, a slot and compensation in Credits equal to the ship's cost."

Slainte

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,413 posts
11,125 battles
3 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

Honestly, it's bad that such a historic museum ship like the Belfast is no longer for sale. However they are caught between a rock and a hard place with it. They can't change the ship to make it saleable without having to reimburse all current owners of it and they can't sell an op ship. 

I think they should re release it. However they should re release it as a t8 premium it its pre '56 config. That would basically be a copy paste of the Edinburgh, but leave it its he, give it a heal and torps and give it the option between smoke and radar. Then the eddy maintains its better ap while the Belfast gets the option for he. They could differentiate between the 2 with the year of the refit that is modeled

You'd have the t7 Belfast 1956 and the t8 Belfast 1945

Or wg can increase the number of radars down at tiers 7 and expand radar to tier 6.

3 hours ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

Thanks bb3_origon_steel,