Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
coletrain_commander

Monaghan finalized?

8 comments in this topic

Members
161 posts
1,498 battles

So these new Freedom Containers in the premium shop contain a chance for a mission to win select US ships, including the Monaghan. The ship must be finalized if that's the case. Anyone seen other info about it being released / final stats etc. 

I hope a random chance from a purchased container isn't the only way to get it.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,087 posts
17,161 battles

Little look behind the scenes: It's the next ship on Mouse's to-do list. Expect a review early next week.

• Cool 1

[GC]
Alpha Tester
787 posts
3,658 battles

It's already in the game, incidentally. I just got mine from completing the mission I pulled out of US container (they're worth, btw).   A hull seems to be a better Farragut-C, with more health, built-in DefAA, and the option to take the torpedo reload booster instead. It also gets improved concealment by .3km, which is a big deal in the mid-tiers, and marginally worse rudder shift that most people probably won't even notice. I'd say it's even a better choice in most situations compared to the Farragut-B, because you get a lot for the loss of only one turret.

The B hull Monaghan, however, is DRASTICALLY different, and much more interesting: it loses its back turrets (both of them, leaving you with only two guns!), but in trade it gets to take Benson's upgraded torps. That, combined with TRB and its improved concealment over the standard Farragut, might turn this thing into a hell of a tier 6 torpedo boat.

--Helms

Members
161 posts
1,498 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Little look behind the scenes: It's the next ship on Mouse's to-do list. Expect a review early next week.

Looking forward to the review!

3 minutes ago, thehelmsman said:

It's already in the game, incidentally. I just got mine from completing the mission I pulled out of US container (they're worth, btw).   A hull seems to be a better Farragut-C, with built-in DefAA and the option to take the torpedo reload booster, but the B hull Monaghan is more interesting: it loses its back turrets (both of them, leaving you with only two guns!), but in trade it gets to take Benson's upgraded torps. That, combined with TRB and its improved concealment over the standard Farragut, might turn this thing into a hell of a tier 6 torpedo boat.

--Helms

I'm interested in the ship but with my luck the create mission would be a Cleveland or Atlanta or Sims, which I don't want. I hope there's a way to get this besides having to purchase a create and hope

[GC]
Alpha Tester
787 posts
3,658 battles

TBH even getting the missions for ships you already have is nice, because you get a crap-ton of credits for completing them, and getting 5k base exp is super easy. Also, do the missions for the Indianapolis, if you have it. These award up to 18 USN containers, which gives you a pretty decent chance of pulling the Monaghan mission.

--Helms

Members
4,410 posts
17,771 battles
7 hours ago, thehelmsman said:

It's already in the game, incidentally. I just got mine from completing the mission I pulled out of US container (they're worth, btw).   A hull seems to be a better Farragut-C, with more health, built-in DefAA, and the option to take the torpedo reload booster instead. It also gets improved concealment by .3km, which is a big deal in the mid-tiers, and marginally worse rudder shift that most people probably won't even notice. I'd say it's even a better choice in most situations compared to the Farragut-B, because you get a lot for the loss of only one turret.

The B hull Monaghan, however, is DRASTICALLY different, and much more interesting: it loses its back turrets (both of them, leaving you with only two guns!), but in trade it gets to take Benson's upgraded torps. That, combined with TRB and its improved concealment over the standard Farragut, might turn this thing into a hell of a tier 6 torpedo boat.

--Helms

I got the mission for Monaghan earlier today. I've been testing her out in Co-Op with the B hull plus the torpedo reload boost. She's a damn good torpedo boat but wont hold up in a gunfight with another DD, having only 2 guns. I tried her in 2 randoms and didn't do too well since I was bottom tiered with a crapload of Clevelands on the Red Team. However, she has potential I think.

She gets Defensive AA too but even with the AA Mod 2 she sucketh at swatting flies. A tier 6 Kidd she aint.

Edited by ReddNekk

[GNOME]
Beta Testers
34 posts
6,614 battles

A Hull all the way, even without the TRB she's a dangerous little fish. Just played my first mission in her and while I didn't kill anything she still pulled through with nary a scratch and I was able to keep other ships spotted. Just be ready cause your 7klm spot range is gonna take a bit getting used to until you get a 10 point cap on her.

[TOG]
Members
4,071 posts
21,962 battles

Got her in the American crates mission. Too bad I have the others (Sims and Kidd) already  I stuck to the A hull with the 64 knot fish and used the TRB.

First fight:

shot-18_06_02_14_02.18-0856.thumb.jpg.f5fe2ab7e0f621d2ead74c79258b44e3.jpg

Folks  ignored me until I dev struck an Arizona. Then they focused on me . lol

Sign in to follow this