Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OldSaltyOne

Map change suggestion for Okinawa Map

15 comments in this topic

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts

As we all know for the Okinawa map with Domination mode.  Certain things tend to happen.  One team or the other decides to just completely Lemming Train to A.  Depending on the out come it can either be a loosing match or a winning match.  Most of the time the team that lemming trains to A looses.  Most of us players usually try to tackle points bravo and charlie.  But primarily because of the lemming train issue I am suggesting a simple change to the map and move alpha and charlie to positions in the map below.

DFhxEhg.jpg

[SALVO]
Members
24,191 posts
24,546 battles

Believe it or not, the Okinawa map is a 100% historical/realistic map.  Check out this image.

5ada28e7304b7_okinawairl.PNG.2be3205071c

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
24,191 posts
24,546 battles
12 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

As we all know for the Okinawa map with Domination mode.  Certain things tend to happen.  One team or the other decides to just completely Lemming Train to A.  Depending on the out come it can either be a loosing match or a winning match.  Most of the time the team that lemming trains to A looses.  Most of us players usually try to tackle points bravo and charlie.  But primarily because of the lemming train issue I am suggesting a simple change to the map and move alpha and charlie to positions in the map below.

DFhxEhg.jpg

Also, I don't think that this change would be a good idea at all.  Assuming that the spawns were NW and SE, the NW team would have a massive advantage for because its cruisers could hide behind that big island to the SE of A cap, while the SE spawning team had no cover at all.

No, I don't see any need to change the terrain on this map, nor the domination mode cap locations.  I do think that it might be nice if there was a standard mode option, though I'd be concerned that it'd turn into a total defensive campfest.  Or maybe an Epicenter variant where the rings were either centered on at B (the obvious choice) or A, the more intriguing choice.

I personally like seeing numerous mode and layout versions of each map, because they make the map play differently and make game play on those map that have variants more, well, varied and thus, more interesting (at least to me) over the long haul.  But I have to say that I do NOT think that your suggestion is a good one, in spite of my love of variations, because it isn't a balanced suggestion.

• Cool 2

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Also, I don't think that this change would be a good idea at all.  Assuming that the spawns were NW and SE, the NW team would have a massive advantage for because its cruisers could hide behind that big island to the SE of A cap, while the SE spawning team had no cover at all.

No, I don't see any need to change the terrain on this map, nor the domination mode cap locations.  I do think that it might be nice if there was a standard mode option, though I'd be concerned that it'd turn into a total defensive campfest.  Or maybe an Epicenter variant where the rings were either centered on at B (the obvious choice) or A, the more intriguing choice.

I personally like seeing numerous mode and layout versions of each map, because they make the map play differently and make game play on those map that have variants more, well, varied and thus, more interesting (at least to me) over the long haul.  But I have to say that I do NOT think that your suggestion is a good one, in spite of my love of variations, because it isn't a balanced suggestion.

Well then how would you make the change, it's basically to put a stop to the lemmings.

[SALVO]
Members
24,191 posts
24,546 battles
3 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Well then how would you make the change, it's basically to put a stop to the lemmings.

I wouldn't worry about it, in this case.  I've seen enough battles on this map to know that not every team lemmings into A.  And it's not entirely unwinnable even when it does happen.

The map that does need some changes in cap/spawn locations due to stupid player decisions is Strait.  The split spawns encourage the idiots to think that it's a good idea to abandon one side of the map to go to the other one.  On standard mode Strait, I've even seen a team that had some players who were so GD bleeping stupid that they abandoned the side of the map where their cap was!!!  And the enemy team won the battle by capping out in less than 4 minutes, because these morons just let them sail into their cap unopposed!!!  

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
26 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I wouldn't worry about it, in this case.  I've seen enough battles on this map to know that not every team lemmings into A.  And it's not entirely unwinnable even when it does happen.

The map that does need some changes in cap/spawn locations due to stupid player decisions is Strait.  The split spawns encourage the idiots to think that it's a good idea to abandon one side of the map to go to the other one.  On standard mode Strait, I've even seen a team that had some players who were so GD bleeping stupid that they abandoned the side of the map where their cap was!!!  And the enemy team won the battle by capping out in less than 4 minutes, because these morons just let them sail into their cap unopposed!!!  

I could see myself agreeing with this. But sketch up a doodle of how it would look on a map.

[INTEL]
Members
12,148 posts
33,707 battles
17 hours ago, SuperSpud1 said:

DFhxEhg.jpg

Then it is pretty much your job to convince people not to lemming train. And your way is not fair to the south spawn

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
Just now, Taichunger said:

Then it is pretty much your job to convince people not to lemming train. And your way is not fair to the south spawn

Easier said than done

[SALVO]
Members
24,191 posts
24,546 battles
48 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

I could see myself agreeing with this. But sketch up a doodle of how it would look on a map.

Oh, I already know what I'd suggest for changing Strait.  I've suggested it many times before.  But here goes.

1.  I'd make the team spawns in either the NE/SW or NW/SE.  That is, all ships on each team, spawning in the same location.  And all ships should be aimed at the center of the map when they spawn.

2. Assuming a NE/SW spawn, for domination mode, if you remember the last tier 6 ranked season, that's the layout I'd use.  B cap same location in the middle.  The A cap just to the NW of the B cap.  And the C cap just to the SE of the B cap.  

3. With this layout, you have the choice of staying on your side and heading for the "outside" cap (i.e. A or C) on your side (N or S) of the map, while covering/contending for B cap.  Or you could head through the channel immediately to your ship's port side to try to push to the enemy's side of the map.  The purpose of having all ships aimed at the center of the map at spawn is so that they have an equal ability to go into the near channel or head to the "outside" cap in your own side of the map.  Pretty much, you can choose to turn 45o left or 45o right coming out of spawn.

I could also see the option for a Standard mode with this spawn layout, perhaps putting the caps where the current A and C caps reside.  Or put them where I suggest the A and C caps should be moved to.  And I could see the option for an Epicenter version of this map with the rings centered in the middle of the map.

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Oh, I already know what I'd suggest for changing Strait.  I've suggested it many times before.  But here goes.

1.  I'd make the team spawns in either the NE/SW or NW/SE.  That is, all ships on each team, spawning in the same location.  And all ships should be aimed at the center of the map when they spawn.

2. Assuming a NE/SW spawn, for domination mode, if you remember the last tier 6 ranked season, that's the layout I'd use.  B cap same location in the middle.  The A cap just to the NW of the B cap.  And the C cap just to the SE of the B cap.  

3. With this layout, you have the choice of staying on your side and heading for the "outside" cap (i.e. A or C) on your side (N or S) of the map, while covering/contending for B cap.  Or you could head through the channel immediately to your ship's port side to try to push to the enemy's side of the map.  The purpose of having all ships aimed at the center of the map at spawn is so that they have an equal ability to go into the near channel or head to the "outside" cap in your own side of the map.  Pretty much, you can choose to turn 45o left or 45o right coming out of spawn.

I could also see the option for a Standard mode with this spawn layout, perhaps putting the caps where the current A and C caps reside.  Or put them where I suggest the A and C caps should be moved to.  And I could see the option for an Epicenter version of this map with the rings centered in the middle of the map.

Yes but that is the Straights map this is Okinawa I'm talking about.

[SALVO]
Members
24,191 posts
24,546 battles
5 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Yes but that is the Straights map this is Okinawa I'm talking about.

I know, but the post you responded to, the only reasonable way to read it was that you wanted a description of what I'd do for Strait, since I said that I'd leave Okinawa as is.

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

I know, but the post you responded to, the only reasonable way to read it was that you wanted a description of what I'd do for Strait, since I said that I'd leave Okinawa as is.

Oh ok so I get what your saying now, basically put Okinawa spawns exactly or almost like how they did with the Straights map.  That would make perfect sense.  

[SALVO]
Members
24,191 posts
24,546 battles
12 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Oh ok so I get what your saying now, basically put Okinawa spawns exactly or almost like how they did with the Straights map.  That would make perfect sense.  

:Smile_facepalm:

That's not what I said.  I was telling you what I would do to the Strait map and only the Strait map.  I said that I'd make NO CHANGE to the Okinawa map, though the idea of adding a Standard mode and Epicenter mode variant is appealing to me.

Come on, Spud.  I'm speaking in extremely plain English.  You're trying to read more into what I'm saying than what I wrote in black and white.  What I wrote is not that complex or subtle.  Just read the black and white and ONLY the black and white!

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
Just now, Crucis said:

:Smile_facepalm:

That's not what I said.  I was telling you what I would do to the Strait map and only the Strait map.  I said that I'd make NO CHANGE to the Okinawa map, though the idea of adding a Standard mode and Epicenter mode variant is appealing to me.

Come on, Spud.  I'm speaking in extremely plain English.  You're trying to read more into what I'm saying than what I wrote in black and white.  What I wrote is not that complex or subtle.  Just read the black and white and ONLY the black and white!

Eh sorry man been a long day a very long day.

[SALVO]
Members
24,191 posts
24,546 battles
1 hour ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Eh sorry man been a long day a very long day.

It's all good, Spud.  Get some rest.

Sign in to follow this