Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SkywhaleExpress

Aslain's and Scripts.zip

7 comments in this topic

[STW-D]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,182 posts
14,572 battles

Hey folks,

I was finally able to get WG to help me out, albeit very little, and they determined scripts.zip was getting modified. None of my skin mods (DDS files) modify scripts.zip, so something in Aslain's pack must be  might be accidentally touching scripts.zip.

Or, they have still been misleading me, and it's something altogether different. 

--edited to show this is an assumption...

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,843 posts
7,637 battles

"My personal mods aren't an issue, but the modpack that everyone uses is because I'm the only one getting bans"

No logic here.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[STW-D]
1,182 posts
14,572 battles
13 minutes ago, RogueFlameHaze said:

"My personal mods aren't an issue, but the modpack that everyone uses is because I'm the only one getting bans"

No logic here.

I haven't been banned. I got warning. My personal mods are .DDS files, which are artwork, and can't possibly modify a scripts.zip file. But thanks for the troll.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,227 posts
18,423 battles

This is one of the many, many reasons I run a virgin client.

Members
5,202 posts
1 hour ago, SkywhaleExpress said:

Hey folks,

I was finally able to get WG to help me out, and they determined scripts.zip was getting modified. None of my skin mods (DDS files) modify scripts.zip, so something in Aslain's pack must be accidentally touching scripts.zip.

What makes you assume it's Aslain's? Considering how many hundreds of people use his mods, I have a suspicion this would be news by now. 

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

[STW-D]
1,182 posts
14,572 battles
3 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

What makes you assume it's Aslain's? 

You're right. It is an assumption, and I should word it better. That assumption is based on the fact that I only use DDS files (Direct Draw Surface) for skin mods, along with Aslains. So, if it's neither of those... then what could it be? Again, Wargaming won't tell me what file exactly they don't like. If they allow you to use mods at all, it would be common decency to tell you what file it is that might be getting flagged.

Sign in to follow this