You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BullHalsey

CS Testing

54 comments in this topic

[OBS]
Members
1,269 posts
10,564 battles

Heads up, the "WOWS CSTesting" crew are out wreaking havoc with some fancy new cruisers.  Had them back to back; first time on my team, they wrecked the enemy so fast I scored 2nd from last and paid 150K credits to see the show.  Very next match they were on the enemy team and beat us so fast it cost me another 115K at 4th place.  Highest score on our T10 team was 643.  Seems to be a trend here.

• Funny 1

[OBS]
Members
1,269 posts
10,564 battles

Two more losses to them, lol.  Half a million credits down.  Worcester currently looks a bit like a Minotaur with HE, if you'd like that.  Whatever it is and whoever it is, they've all been top score.  I'm out for the day.

[OBS]
Members
1,269 posts
10,564 battles
1 minute ago, FratStar4Life said:

What is this CS Testing? :cap_hmm:

Play a few T10 matches right now.  So far I've had them every match.

[OBS]
Members
1,269 posts
10,564 battles

Watch that Worcester spew machine gun HE; looks more like Star Wars than WOWS to me.

[LOU1]
Members
4,078 posts
11,293 battles

Think it is ST, super testers.  They are volunteers that play upcoming ships on a test server and live.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[RBMK]
Members
251 posts
19,044 battles

The testing accounts are generally given to good players

Remember the USS Black? It also have a very high win rate, performance isn't only dependent on ship strength.

[D-PN]
[D-PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
21,563 battles

That's the super testers at work and yes most if not all are very good. If the ships they are testing appear to be too strong WG will make adjustments likewise if they are not as strong as they should be they will adjust that also. By the time the ships are available they will likely be right. If they aren't then enough complaints will get them adjusted.

[TIMT]
Supertester
535 posts
1,146 battles

Those aren't super testers.  Those are community contributors,  IE youtube and twitch streamers that were given the t10 ships to show off and play with the new tier 10 "unique" modules.  Supertester,  you'll never know we were there, except that were the friendly ones in chat when it all goes to hell.

[INTEL]
Members
12,148 posts
33,707 battles
On 6/1/2018 at 11:18 AM, BullHalsey said:

Heads up, the "WOWS CSTesting" crew are out wreaking havoc with some fancy new cruisers.  Had them back to back; first time on my team, they wrecked the enemy so fast I scored 2nd from last and paid 150K credits to see the show.  Very next match they were on the enemy team and beat us so fast it cost me another 115K at 4th place.  Highest score on our T10 team was 643.  Seems to be a trend here.

Had a triple div of them on our team testing Worchester. Was good. 

[INTEL]
Members
12,148 posts
33,707 battles
18 hours ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

The testing accounts are generally given to good players

Remember the USS Black? It also have a very high win rate, performance isn't only dependent on ship strength.

Yes, they stupidly gave it radar. And now we have a line of DDs with that garbage. The CCs and STs should have protested harder. There is no ship in the game I strive harder to kill on sight than the Black. 

[RBMK]
Members
251 posts
19,044 battles
On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:11 AM, Taichunger said:

Yes, they stupidly gave it radar. And now we have a line of DDs with that garbage. The CCs and STs should have protested harder. There is no ship in the game I strive harder to kill on sight than the Black. 

The current Black is balanced with the other T9 DDs and is considered inferior to Fletcher.

The original Black that had old Baltimore's radar was considered, and indeed is, OP. But that was nerfed before given to players on the live server.

The current Black, the final released version, has radar similar to that of PADDs, and is balanced by its pathetic torpedoes. 

Remember that we are talking about random battles here, Black would be a strong pick in competitive games if there ever will be a T9 ranked season, but even then it wouldn't be as powerful as YY is in the current T10 competitive because YY have smaller profile and concealment advantages over Gearing alongside its radar.

[OBS]
Members
1,269 posts
10,564 battles

Well after an epic super rapid loss I just had and now about 600K total credits gone to these guys, every one just went on the blacklist.  Pretty easy to do.  Used 2 heals before I moved out of the little square I spawned in, entire team dead in 8 minutes with me kiting away on fire as they won.  Obscene.

Supertester, Beta Testers
5,783 posts
8,154 battles

The blacklist is used to ignore people, no? It doesn’t stop you from getting matched with them.

[OBS]
Members
1,269 posts
10,564 battles
46 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

The blacklist is used to ignore people, no? It doesn’t stop you from getting matched with them.

If memory serves it stops you from seeing them altogether.  Could be wrong but thought I read that long ago.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Black listing "Only Stops the Blacklisted from your view in Chat" They still appear in Battles you just don't see their Chats.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,501 posts
9,095 battles

Ahoy Fleet,

We became aware of incidents like this and are getting this addressed with the team that manages this group of testers.

If you run into other battles where multiple test ships are being used in divisions, please reach out to me via private message in the Forums.

#anchorsaweigh

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,096 posts
17,163 battles

WoWS CS Test accounts are not supertesters. We test testships on our regular accounts, these are press accounts specifically for some CCs with some of the new ships on them. If you see a Stalingrad driven by a supertester he'll have his / her own account name.

• Cool 3

[CUTER]
Privateers, Supertester
870 posts
2 hours ago, Lert said:

WoWS CS Test accounts are not supertesters. We test testships on our regular accounts, these are press accounts specifically for some CCs with some of the new ships on them. If you see a Stalingrad driven by a supertester he'll have his / her own account name.

Most of them are Clan Battles Testers, not CCs. :p

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,096 posts
17,163 battles
2 minutes ago, Kaga_Kai_Ni said:

Most of them are Clan Battles Testers, not CCs. :p

Right. Fair enough. My main point was that they aren't STs either. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,519 posts
7,427 battles

Either way I'm just glad people know now, so I'm not getting questions I can't answer. 

I'm not a bad guy just have my hands tied. :Smile_sad:

[CUTER]
Privateers, Supertester
870 posts
Just now, Lert said:

Right. Fair enough. My main point was that they aren't STs either. :Smile_honoring:

Of course, they're not as cool as us!:Smile_Default:

But in all seriousness, yup. So please don't take it out on us. :( 

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,720 posts
13,934 battles
4 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Ahoy Fleet,

We became aware of incidents like this and are getting this addressed with the team that manages this group of testers.

If you run into other battles where multiple test ships are being used in divisions, please reach out to me via private message in the Forums.

#anchorsaweigh

Are they not allowed to do this

[TIMT]
Supertester
535 posts
1,146 battles
4 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Ahoy Fleet,

#anchorsaweigh

Thanks G, I know that will make quite a few people happy I've run across lately while testing our stuff.

Members
5,108 posts
9,334 battles

I saw 2 this evening - Yamato and Stalingrad.  Yamato has to be testing the Legendary upgrades.  Yamato did VERY well...