You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

How do I start Halsey Campaign???

24 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
11,014 posts
20,949 battles

Ok, this is the 1st Campaign I have taken part in and apparently they work different than the other reward events or something? Done events and other things but they either have an opt in and then they go auto or they just are auto from the get go. I "assumed" Halsey was the same. How do I get it to start? I just wasted a very good Missouri game. Was psyched for a great start and then nothing about Halsey in the post battle results???

EDIT - never mind you have to click accept task. DAMN IT! What a waste of a good Mo game. It was about 20% of a Star for task 1 and task 2 in Mission 1. OY! :Smile_facepalm::Smile_amazed::Smile-angry:

w49mkv8.jpg

ro0Ho8w.jpg

N3rqBh9.jpg

QzKyKBr.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[TDG]
Members
1,781 posts
11,237 battles

I had a decent Richelieu battle in Co-op last night, and I was quite happy to see the progress on the campaign.

[-K-]
Members
7,907 posts
13,067 battles

Stage one of Halsey campaign can only be done using American cruisers or aircraft carriers anyway, so your Missouri game wouldn't have got you anything.

[CO-OP]
[CO-OP]
Members
705 posts
20,596 battles
3 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Stage one of Halsey campaign can only be done using American cruisers or aircraft carriers anyway, so your Missouri game wouldn't have got you anything.

This depends on the task.  Mission 1: task 2 (the task alluded to by the OP) can be done with any tier 8+ ship in any random, co-op, or ranked.

@AdmiralThunder I'm guessing that you are also running the commander XP task concurrent with the credit task.

[PVE]
Members
11,014 posts
20,949 battles
13 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

4 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

This depends on the task.  Mission 1: task 2 (the task alluded to by the OP) can be done with any tier 8+ ship in any random, co-op, or ranked.

@AdmiralThunder I'm guessing that you are also running the commander XP task concurrent with the credit task.

In all Mission stages of the Campaign (1-5) task 1 and task 2 can be completed in any T8-T10 ships in Co-op. Their is no nation or ship type requirement.

Yes Hampton Roads I am running 1 and 2 concurrently.

[WOLFB]
Members
949 posts
31,452 battles
13 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

False! there are 8 (eight!) tasks, ONLY 2 (8-2=6) are USA specific. So 6 of the tasks can be any tier 8 (they so type, on some, by not country)..................

So 6 tasks to choose from to do the 1 mission. I used many different ships to complete step 1.

[PVE]
Members
11,014 posts
20,949 battles

Alright, up and working now. But good lord this will be a long grind if I get stuck with people like I had in this one. BB's shooting HE at broadside Cruisers, Cleveland's shooting AP at bow on BB's, DD's CV chasing like an idiot, dogs and cats getting along, politicians being honest, etc.... Hell, our bot CV was more use despite the standings. The madness must stop!.

Pretty bad when you go to a Cap with 3 teammates and end up alone vs the 3 red bots that show up, with the CV attacking you as well, and you have to sink them alone while your "allies" all scurry for cover. Got the last 1 with just 47 HP left and then ate a torp because I ran into the sinking hull of the sinking bot Missouri. :Smile_facepalm: Oh well more XP and credits for me I guess. LOL

On the way though...

sjoWrJC.jpg

S9VQ9Lj.jpg

X312USG.jpg

KngAUCa.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[CO-OP]
[CO-OP]
Members
705 posts
20,596 battles
5 minutes ago, fbrrhd said:

False! there are 8 (eight!) tasks, ONLY 2 (8-2=6) are USA specific. So 6 of the tasks can be any tier 8 (they so type, on some, by not country)..................

So 6 tasks to choose from to do the 1 mission. I used many different ships to complete step 1.

What Admiral Thunder wrote is correct.  The first two tasks (i.e. task 1 and task 2 of each individual mission) only require a tier 8+ ship.  There are NO nation or ship type requirements for completion

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Alright, up and working now. But good lord this will be a long grind if I get stuck with people like I had in this one.

At least you have Missouri. Imagine the pain of those who don't.

[WOLF6]
Members
775 posts
5,132 battles

Hmmm.  I might have to consider doing this in coop because the only non-premium tier 8+ ship I own is Cleveland, Baltimore and Buffalo.    All of my other ships non premiums are tiers 4/5/6.   I do have several tier 8&9 premiums.

My only fear is that I usually end up a sole player in a team of 7 bots facing 8 bots so I tend to avoid high tier coop games.

i wonder what is worse. Being a potato in high tier randoms. Or average in coop.

Edited by wtfovr

[PVE]
Members
11,014 posts
20,949 battles
3 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

At least you have Missouri. Imagine the pain of those who don't.

:Smile_teethhappy: Got lots of T8 and T9 Premiums which will help but MO is kind of credits for sure.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[WOLFB]
Members
949 posts
31,452 battles
3 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

What Admiral Thunder wrote is correct.  The first two tasks (i.e. task 1 and task 2 of each individual mission) only require a tier 8+ ship.  There are NO nation or ship type requirements for completion

If you look I was responding to ACE's comment! Not admiral thunder.

Cheers

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
11,014 posts
20,949 battles
6 minutes ago, wtfovr said:

Hmmm.  I might have to consider doing this in coop because the only tier 8+ ship I own is Cleveland.   All of my other ships are tiers 4-5

My only fear is that I usually end up a sole player in a team of 7 bots facing 8 bots so I tend to avoid high tier coop games.

At T8 you should be ok most times getting at least 1/2 humans on the team. However use this tip for all T8+ Co-op queue waits (especially T9 and T10).

1. Enter the queue and see if it shows other players at your level or just you? (ie; is it just showing 1 Cruiser and nothing for CV/BB/DD)?
  2. As long as it shows at least 1 other ship stay on as many times you wind up with a full team even if you think only 2 of you.
  3. If it just shows you at the 15-20 second mark exit the queue and return to port.
  4. Go back into the queue and rinse...repeat...until you show some other players so you know you will get some help on the team. In really off hours you might have to do it a few times but eventually you will match with some people.

I have to do this a lot with T9 and T10 even when there are plenty of T7 and T8 players around because the Co-op MM queue seems to give preference to lower tiers needing players 1st.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Ok, this is the 1st Campaign I have taken part in and apparently they work different than the other reward events or something? Done events and other things but they either have an opt in and then they go auto or they just are auto from the get go. I "assumed" Halsey was the same. How do I get it to start? I just wasted a very good Missouri game. Was psyched for a great start and then nothing about Halsey in the post battle results???

EDIT - never mind you have to click accept task. DAMN IT! What a waste of a good Mo game. It was about 20% of a Star for task 1 and task 2 in Mission 1. OY! :Smile_facepalm::Smile_amazed::Smile-angry:

w49mkv8.jpg

ro0Ho8w.jpg

N3rqBh9.jpg

QzKyKBr.jpg

Opps did you just get DELETED l m f a o.

[B2P]
[B2P]
Beta Testers
148 posts
10,008 battles

When the next season of Clan Battles start, you can also do the credit and commander xp mission multiple times to blow through each stage. :Smile_Default:

But for those that want to stick to CoOp, be sure to have Premium camo because you can start loosing credits if you perform poorly or the match ends too quickly to farm effectively.

[-K-]
Members
7,907 posts
13,067 battles
56 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

In all Mission stages of the Campaign (1-5) task 1 and task 2 can be completed in any T8-T10 ships in Co-op. Their is no nation or ship type requirement.

Yes Hampton Roads I am running 1 and 2 concurrently.

55 minutes ago, fbrrhd said:

Oops, my bad.  Thanks for the clarification.

[WOLF6]
Members
775 posts
5,132 battles
40 minutes ago, landocowrissian said:

@AdmiralThunderHow many crates did you have to buy to get those 3 US ship quests?

Several people have purchased the 30 crate bundle and gotten all 5 ship missions.

[PVE]
Members
11,014 posts
20,949 battles
1 hour ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Opps did you just get DELETED l m f a o.

Nope that is an enemy ship I sunk. Note in the 1st screenshot it shows I lived...:Smile_glasses:

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
Members
11,014 posts
20,949 battles
1 hour ago, landocowrissian said:

@AdmiralThunderHow many crates did you have to buy to get those 3 US ship quests?

2 packs of 30 to complete the collection (with many dups) and get the 3 missions. I bought them really for the dragon series flags.

[PVE]
Members
11,014 posts
20,949 battles

So, 1st 2 stars done. I of each. Capt XP came 1st then the credits. Took 7 games total. 3 In Missouri, 2 in Kronshtadt, and 1 each in Republique and Alsace. Definitely looks like the Capt XP will be easier to get. Already got 12K Capt XP going towards next 50K. Was basically 1 extra game to finish the credits. So about 30 games +/- a couple to do the 1st stage of the campaign. Not bad. Going to get longer as it goes obviously.

vX2qGgT.jpg