Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
StingRayOne

EEK I Saw A Mouse

10 comments in this topic

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,896 posts
9,453 battles

So I decided to re buy the Kagero yesterday to use for my slowly progressing T8 Campaigns.  I was moving pretty good in the campaigns but it really is the best T8 DD out there. I had not had the ship in my tray for at least a year. I found a 10 point captain and put him on it, a little camo and a couple of flags and went for a cruise in random figuring I would get a nice 6/7/8 or 7/8/9 battle. No luck I of 4 T8s in a 8/9/10 battle with 5 radar boats on the other side. As one of two DDs I decide to move out slow so I have Cruiser coverage. I look at the Chat and I see;

Hey  DD "go cap A"

DD "get In A"

and I'm thinking WTH they have radar and I have like at 10k torp range against 10k radar.

I thinking of a nice way to respond, when I see some one say in Chat" there are 5 radar boats on the other side and maybe he is being a little cautious".

Now I'm wondering; A) every word and spelled right, B) that was fast, and C) very correct assumption.

Then I see who it is ..... Little White Mouse in a Massachusetts.

Now i am really worried I will die quick or smoke early or really screw up and so it goes all in front of LWM, i will most likely miss torps, fail to cap, won't spot hardly anything and find myself too far a head with everyone heading the other way.

Thinking out loud to myself don't let me screw up more, I try to stay alive, spot and move to support the team. I am totally spotting and land 2 shells, no torps in like 7 minutes.

Then as we are losing and the remaining our 8 team members are finally fighting together, two torp hits, 1 shell and a ship dead. OK right, now i am just a low scorer not a loser right( your opinion might differ) but i am watching the chat, the team is focusing, LWM is fighting and people are working together when I get one on one with the last DD on their side who has twice as much life as me....ITS OVER right im a dead man.

WAIT no its not, we are up, dodge, fire ,turn, we are down, dodge, fire, repair, turn , wait, wait, wait smoke.....WTH he is charging me at 5k with deep water torps and I am in Kagero with 4k HP left...torps away and

BOOM. IM ALIVE! Say it with me" IM ALIVE!.................. I feel like Bill Murry in "SCROGGED".

But we are losing. I stepped up fought hard did not fail my team or LWM and we are losing again with 6 minutes to go, so I spot, we are ahead. No we are behind, No we are ahead, we capped. OMG 3 minutes left, Im spotting chasing the BBS, spot, spot, finish them....Come on. OH crap we won.

my 40,000 damage and two kills. I did not let mouse down, I held the line and finished one ship and fought another to destruction.

I have to wonder why i was scared of seeing a little white mouse, when after all she was on my team.

was I trying to impress a girl? or just trying to live up to expectations? or

was it more like The Shepard's Prayer( Allen Shepard) 'Lord Don't Let Me Screw  Up"

Thanks Mouse

• Cool 7
  • Funny 5

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
574 posts
15,192 battles

If she is in a Massachusetts now, I hope it is for her next review :)   Maybe you'll be in it @StingRayOne  Immortality!

[ARGSY]
Members
17,488 posts
12,140 battles
2 hours ago, StingRayOne said:

was I trying to impress a girl?

You were trying to impress The Mouse. I'm sure you would have tried just as hard for Flamu.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,493 posts
4,602 battles

I have to wonder why i was scared of seeing a little white mouse, when after all she was on my team.

was it more like The Shepard's Prayer( Allen Shepard) 'Lord Don't Let Me Screw  Up"

Amazing what an avatar can do.

:Smile_ohmy:

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
4,078 posts

Thanks Mouse

Maybe it was a case of littlewhitemouse-senpai. One always wants to do well for senpais

Edited by Wombatmetal
  • Funny 2

[KRAB]
Members
887 posts
7,326 battles

I didn't asked you to cap A, I asked you to SPOT A - I do it by skirting the southern edge and using the south-central island as hard cover. The idea is to spot any cruisers or a DD entering the cap, launch a volley of torps for area denial and then bait out a wasted radar when you are behind the island. 

It looked to me like you were going straight to the 1 line, which is why I asked for spotting. I was in an Ibuki and did not want a DD lighting me up from the cap while I was trying to position to kite their push. 

• Boring 1

[RST]
Members
181 posts
22,053 battles

Great read. I have the same reaction sometimes when I see a CC, youtuber or twitch user I follow. keep telling myself..."Don't let this game be on of my worse ones." or "Just kill me now please so I don't have to embarrass myself."

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
27,084 posts
7,217 battles

That may be the OP's best avatar yet....

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this