You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
donaldEpott

Done with Warships.

21 comments in this topic

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Members
4,578 posts
12,524 battles

Well I am done with warships for a while and not by choice. They were working on our power lines yesterday and a power outage caused my hard drive to fail. As I am disabled and fighting for disability I will not be able to replace it for quite some time. So with a sad note I will not be able to play any more. Cant stand it as I renewed my premium account just the day before and bought a memory card upgrade just the day before. 

[RBMK]
Members
2,133 posts
13,858 battles
3 minutes ago, donaldEpott said:

Well I am done with warships for a while and not by choice. They were working on our power lines yesterday and a power outage caused my hard drive to fail. As I am disabled and fighting for disability I will not be able to replace it for quite some time. So with a sad note I will not be able to play any more. Cant stand it as I renewed my premium account just the day before and bought a memory card upgrade just the day before. 

That sucks gl. I would cri if my hard drives fail. Nearly 200 games and many videos on 20 TB shared on 10 drives.... would take months to download everything back

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Members
4,578 posts
12,524 battles

That is also my problem. I play farming sim and I have edited many mods there and only place they were was on that hard drive. I tried to install a back up but that computer had no room in the case for a second hard drive. Needless to say I am fighting for disability at this time and been four years trying. Don't know how long it will take to get an approval so it may be up to years before I can afford a new computer or at least a new hard drive at that. So I guess I am screwed for some time to come.

[RBMK]
Members
2,133 posts
13,858 battles
On 01/06/2018 at 4:19 PM, donaldEpott said:

That is also my problem. I play farming sim and I have edited many mods there and only place they were was on that hard drive. I tried to install a back up but that computer had no room in the case for a second hard drive. Needless to say I am fighting for disability at this time and been four years trying. Don't know how long it will take to get an approval so it may be up to years before I can afford a new computer or at least a new hard drive at that. So I guess I am screwed for some time to come.

Just listen to some music to let your rage out. Especially ones targeted at the government like

Prehaps [edited] authority by pennywise 

or murder the government by nofx

[-BMV-]
Members
1,227 posts
6,169 battles

Sorry to read that, I hope something works out so you can play sooner rather than later.

I

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,080 posts
17,127 battles

Expected salt rant. Got hardware failure. Hope you can get it solved soon, man.

• Cool 1

[RBMK]
Members
2,133 posts
13,858 battles
13 minutes ago, Lert said:

Expected salt rant. Got hardware failure. Hope you can get it solved soon, man.

Same.. had my "dont let the door hit you on the way out" all copyed and everything fell bad now

Edited by JessieTheKitty

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Members
4,578 posts
12,524 battles

Nope the only rant is what little cash I did have do to a reimbursement for a Dr trip I had to do for disability I just bought a memory card that I was going to pick up today and renewed my premium account in warships for 90 days. Well there is the only rant I could have. all for not.

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Members
4,578 posts
12,524 battles

I have a go fund me but not had any new posts to it for some time. I have been needing to buy a new computer as the one I have only met the min requirements for the games I played. been pulling my hair out over the lag that causes in like farming sim and a couple others. Warships was not so bad as the game ran ok on it but oh well.  Here is the link to my go fund me     https://funds.gofundme.com/dashboard/xakke-down-on-my-luck/

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,130 posts
51 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

That sucks gl. I would cri if my hard drives fail. Nearly 200 games and many videos on 20 TB shared on 10 drives.... would take months to download everything back

You know between Google and Dropbox you can secure 20GB of free online storage to back it all up... Google alone gives you 15GB for free... like $1.99 a month you get what, 100GB? Pick the stuff you can't live without and get started backing it up today! 

BTW - you can store photos/videos for free (under certain quality retraints) - unlimited! I have over 20K images stored on Google... take a look at Google Photos. 

[WOLF4]
Members
221 posts
7,485 battles

Check out SpinRite when you get a replacement HDD and see if you can still get your data off the old one.

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,404 posts
11,057 battles

Love to help but the wife has been getting treated for Lyme last 3 and half years.  She lost a job over it and the disability was not granted for that illness too.  Any way to jury rig from an old system?

[RBMK]
Members
2,133 posts
13,858 battles
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

You know between Google and Dropbox you can secure 20GB of free online storage to back it all up... Google alone gives you 15GB for free... like $1.99 a month you get what, 100GB? Pick the stuff you can't live without and get started backing it up today! 

BTW - you can store photos/videos for free (under certain quality retraints) - unlimited! I have over 20K images stored on Google... take a look at Google Photos. 

You do know that i just said i had 20TB of disk storage..... im pretty sure 100gb isnt going to save me.

just vauable documents / pictures / family videos alone take up 2 drives

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,130 posts
25 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

You do know that i just said i had 20TB of disk storage..... im pretty sure 100gb isnt going to save me.

just vauable documents / pictures / family videos alone take up 2 drives

Apologies - I read GB those silly photons playing tricks on me again. However... you get 15GB per account - so you "could" create a whole lotta Google accounts and spread them around. 

You should understand however Google Photos is free, unlimited storage, for 1040 videos and pics of 13 or 16 mp. Unlimited. Free. If you haven't read their terms check it out. You just might be able to get all that into a free Photos area of Drive. 

[RBMK]
Members
2,133 posts
13,858 battles
1 minute ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Apologies - I read GB those silly photons playing tricks on me again. However... you get 15GB per account - so you "could" create a whole lotta Google accounts and spread them around. 

You should understand however Google Photos is free, unlimited storage, for 1040 videos and pics of 13 or 16 mp. Unlimited. Free. If you haven't read their terms check it out. You just might be able to get all that into a free Photos area of Drive. 

Ehh i could, but i mean i just have a backup hard drive for that. The main thing im talking about thats in my pc in my other 16TB of space (prob about 9-10TB is used) since i only fill them 1/2-3/4 full. Is just games, movies, videos etc

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Members
4,578 posts
12,524 battles
3 hours ago, Nachoo31 said:

Love to help but the wife has been getting treated for Lyme last 3 and half years.  She lost a job over it and the disability was not granted for that illness too.  Any way to jury rig from an old system?

It seems that disability isn't granted for much of anything these days. I know the feeling and its at times very hopeless trying to stay alive and in the right frame of mind. Me what has been keeping me going is facebook. and my games I play. Now am down my computer and all I have is this in the office unless I am told not to be in here and that don't include for games. all I can use it for is to post with. I have an older system but its not up to the job and it was down because of a hard drive failure as well. My computers both were from Walmart and I didn't spend that much for them to start with. Kinda hope that disability comes thru this time but its been 4 years that I have been trying and they leave little in the way of hope.

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Members
4,578 posts
12,524 battles

Well I have great news. I finally after 5 years of trying have been approved for disability. Its been a rough road for me but I can finally put this chapter of my life behind me.

[WOLF2]
Members
780 posts
17,096 battles

After the kinds of teams I've seen the past couple of mornings I won't be playing as much as i usually do until school summer vacation is over.  The first year or two for this game it was great but now after school gets out during the school year, and during summer vacation, it's become like the teams at WOT - it's not about the better team winning, it's about the least worse team winning. :Smile_teethhappy:

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Members
4,578 posts
12,524 battles

Forget about win rate and just work on your stats. I have improved mine and have seen an improvement in my win rate. Do more damage and to the right ships in each battle and you can effect that win rate. I didn't think it could be done either but I have seen my win rate pick up as I started to pay attention in battle on who to make sure to fire at the most. You get the feel of reading the players in game and who to shoot at you can start to effect that win rate.