You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

So, you want to earn Halsey but you only play Co-op? Look inside...

215 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,756 posts
22,119 battles

Gratz Thunder! Still grinding mine but keep getting distracted by lesser captains who need a point or two to get a skill I want.... Trying to maximize my 200% first win bonus by playing everything at least once. 

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
361 posts
16,879 battles
On 02/07/2018 at 5:28 PM, PtooieBoat said:

Done with Mission 1 today.

Will be a busy summer,  so expectations are 2-3 months for Mission 2 completion.

On 21/07/2018 at 12:52 AM, PtooieBoat said:

Done with Mission 2 today.

Had a little more time and used 4 days of premium.  But #3 looks rough and gets only worse as you go.   Looks like 450000 Commander EXP + 24 Million credits to complete.

On 05/08/2018 at 2:57 PM, PtooieBoat said:

Done with Mission 3 today.

Used another 4 premium days.  Mission 4 is as usual a much worse grind and the worst looking one overall.  Just need to ignore and not think about it anymore.  It'll just happen and I wont worry about it.  Mission 5 looks much better for me because of the 2 CV Co-op tasks.

On 07/09/2018 at 8:16 PM, PtooieBoat said:

Done with Mission 4 today.

Only had 1 day of premium this run.  Not thinking about the task helped make this feel less of a chore.  Also got my Montana Legendary a little while back.

Done with Mission 5 today.

A very nice Anniversary finale.  Only 1 day of premium used, from the event.  Repeated the 2 CV tasks in co-op and did the Commander XP, + Credit tasks once as well to get those extra bonuses.

CHcomm.png.703e1e16a2ef177724d4e4ff8eadeeb1.png 

[PVE]
Members
11,202 posts
21,496 battles
8 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Gratz Thunder! Still grinding mine but keep getting distracted by lesser captains who need a point or two to get a skill I want.... Trying to maximize my 200% first win bonus by playing everything at least once. 

Thanks. Actually that is why it took me so long to finish Halsey's points. Distractions in other areas. LOL

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
Members
11,202 posts
21,496 battles
6 hours ago, PtooieBoat said:

Done with Mission 5 today.

A very nice Anniversary finale.  Only 1 day of premium used, from the event.  Repeated the 2 CV tasks in co-op and did the Commander XP, + Credit tasks once as well to get those extra bonuses.

CHcomm.png.703e1e16a2ef177724d4e4ff8eadeeb1.png 

:Smile_honoring:

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,860 posts
4,861 battles
18 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Finally leveled him up...

2N9kWN5.jpg

Okay...up to this point did you exhausted all of your boosters already?

[PVE]
Members
11,202 posts
21,496 battles
6 minutes ago, pyantoryng said:

Okay...up to this point did you exhausted all of your boosters already?

A good portion yes (used about 1/3 of them to finish the campaign and have continued to use them since just in regular play) )but not all plus I got some more recently of those new type.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles

Finally got this done today. Wouldve been faster had I not been dealing with back issues, weather and a Skyrim SE binge.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
361 posts
16,879 battles
1 hour ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Finally got this done today. Wouldve been faster had I not been dealing with back issues, weather and a Skyrim SE binge.

Nice,  which lucky ship is getting a new commander?  

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles
14 minutes ago, PtooieBoat said:

Nice,  which lucky ship is getting a new commander?  

Well I've got a 19 point captain that i reset the skills on when they were free for when the CV rework drops, so I guess he'll be on the Massachoochoo train until he hits 19 as well. Now I'm just grinding a 12 point German guy up to 19 for similar reasons. Heck i just need captain XP at this point I'm fine with only having 2 tier X's at present. Tempted to use that 1.7 milllllion free xp I've got sitting around.

[STW-M]
Members
302 posts
8,743 battles

Did my Halsey in Co-Op he is now 19. Did Yamamoto in co-op until I had to go PVP he is now 19. It was long but it was still fun.

Isoroku is in the Yamato and Halsey is currently in the Salem as I already have a 19 in the Mighty Mo.

Don't really play Americans much so I am not sure where to keep Halsey....he is currently in port and he drinks a lot.

quick read: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-admirals-nimitz-halsey-leahy-and-king--the-five-star-admirals-who-won-the-war-at-sea-by-walter-r-borneman/2012/06/29/gJQAR95MCW_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.4ce4b63610f7

[PVE]
Members
11,202 posts
21,496 battles
6 hours ago, Taramada said:

Did my Halsey in Co-Op he is now 19. Did Yamamoto in co-op until I had to go PVP he is now 19. It was long but it was still fun.

Isoroku is in the Yamato and Halsey is currently in the Salem as I already have a 19 in the Mighty Mo.

Don't really play Americans much so I am not sure where to keep Halsey....he is currently in port and he drinks a lot.

quick read: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-admirals-nimitz-halsey-leahy-and-king--the-five-star-admirals-who-won-the-war-at-sea-by-walter-r-borneman/2012/06/29/gJQAR95MCW_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.4ce4b63610f7

Halsey is pretty ideal for T6-T9 US CA's as they have slow turrets and long reloads. The T10 US CA's don't benefit as much from EL because their reload is so fast as is. His special skills help the T6-T9 CA's a lot however (IMOA). I put him on Buffalo.

• Cool 1

[P-V-E]
Members
1,448 posts

still 10 stars away plus the final mission (though I do have two stars almost done so I suppose its more like ~8.33 stars to go), but I play a lot of operations interspersed with a bit of coop, but have no appropriate tier CV to take advantage of leveraging aircraft kills for an extra star each cycle, but I would guess I should be done mid/late November.