You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Cruiser Collection Complete

33 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
10,981 posts
20,832 battles

So have finished the collection quickly with 2 shop purchases. Drop rate seems reasonable for non duplicates. I got 36 of the 48 required pieces from 1 30 crate bundle. A second 30 crate bundle finished it with tons of duplicates left over as I only had to use duplicates for a couple of the sub collections. Mostly did it with individual ones. 

Now, before anyone jumps on me calling me a "Whale"... "Wallet Warrior"..."P2W Player" etc... let me say there are 2 MAIN reason I bought some of the crates in the shop...

1. I bought them mainly for the dragon flags. I am a Co-op player and I want to get Halsey. The tasks I can complete in Co-op are Capt XP and Credit based (last leg allows for some CV tasks in Co-op but I don't play CV so...) and it is going to take an ungodly, obscene, amount of each. I am going to need all the help modifier wise I can get and the dragon series flags are the best at that.
  2. There was a chance at some ships. Although I have them all except the DD Monaghan it will give me a Capt and millions of credits for any missions I complete on the others.

Really don't care too much for the Eagle camo for Cleveland so didn't buy the crates for that. Think it is kind of ugly tbh BUT it is a 3000 doubloon value perma camo so it has value too. 

So in those crates I purchased I ended up with...

• 1200 dragon series flags (assortment of all of them)
  • Finished Collection (Cleveland camo + flag)
  • Almost 1 Million credits (duplicates) 
  • Sims Mission
  • Atlanta Mission
  • Cleveland Mission

The big thing was those flags though as they will be needed (and many more of them based on how hard Halsey will be in Co-op :Smile_ohmy:)

iSN3mQm.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 3

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,914 posts
5,814 battles
6 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

iSN3mQm.jpg

*Team America song intensifies*

Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles
10 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

So have finished the collection quickly with 2 shop purchases.

Congrats AT.:Smile_honoring:

[USCC]
Members
2,755 posts
12,006 battles
11 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

The big thing was those flags though as they will be needed (and many more of them based on how hard Halsey will be in Co-op :Smile_ohmy:)

You don't have enough flags. lol That mission is going to be a nitemare for co-op only play.

I guess the silver lining is, eventually... it can be completed. Good Luck! Admiral. o7

[KWF]
Members
3,923 posts
5,894 battles

Hey man, it's your money after all, you can do whatever you please with them.

Now I'm just wondering on what the dropchance will be for the premium ship mission on standard containers.

P.S @AdmiralThunder you can get  some free shots at the Monaghan by playing Indianapolis if you have it. You just need to play 1 random battle every 3 days.

Play a battle.

Reward: 1x “American Cruisers” collection container.

Types of battle: Random and Ranked Battles.

Ships: Indianapolis.

This combat mission can be completed only once. A similar mission will become available every 3 days.

[-K-]
Members
7,894 posts
13,057 battles
4 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

I only bought 5 and got the Monaghan. If I could trade it you could have it for free. Actually wanted to try to get the Kidd.

Yeah, Monaghan seems very underwhelming at best.  She really gives me no motivation to want to play her over my standard Farragut.

[EQRN]
Members
1,817 posts
15,153 battles
30 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Now I'm just wondering on what the dropchance will be for the premium ship mission on standard containers.

P.S @AdmiralThunder you can get  some free shots at the Monaghan by playing Indianapolis if you have it. You just need to play 1 random battle every 3 days.

I think the Freedom containers have a Mission chance, not the American containers from the Indy mission.

[WOLF6]
Members
769 posts
5,121 battles

I bought a single 30 crate package:

Either I was very lucky or the mission drop for the ship is reasonable I think

In the 30 crates I got

• 60 Hydras
  • 120 Red Dragons
  • 60 Dragons
  • 240 Ouroboros
  • 120 Wyverns

All 5 ship mission drops (Monoghan, Sims, Atlanta, Cleveland, and Kidd)

32 of 48 collection items / 28 duplicates

In all I'm satisfied, I was really looking for the Monoghan and Cleveland mission drops (as I already own the other ships).   I was disappointed with the dragon flag drops - I was looking more for XP modifiers (Red Dragons, Dragons, and Hydras) than credit modifiers (Ouroboros) and i got more of the Ouroboros than I would have liked.

I can finish the rest of the collection by getting ingame American containers.

So if you don't own any of the American premium ships, I think the 30 crate package is a good deal.

As far as the personal missions, it's just 5000 base XP for all of the missions to earn the ship and associated rewards.

Edited by wtfovr

[ARGSY]
Members
17,419 posts
12,084 battles
47 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

*Team America song intensifies*

I was thinking that myself, but what I personally heard in my head when I first saw that camo was this:

@AdmiralThunder Best of luck with the Halsey grind.

[ARGSY]
Members
17,419 posts
12,084 battles
5 minutes ago, wtfovr said:

As far as the personal missions, it's just 5000 base XP for all of the missions to earn the ship and associated rewards.

Do you need to grind 5000 for each, or just wait until near the end and grind out the same 5000 to get multiples at once? (Not that 5000 Base XP is a very big ask; just wondering.)

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[WOLF6]
Members
769 posts
5,121 battles

Each mission runs concurrently, so earning 1000 base XP in one battle, credits you 1000base XP for all of the personal ship missions.  (I would assume)

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,686 posts
14,359 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I am a Co-op player and I want to get Halsey

Not for me, i can do random and just recently re visit my Fuso for the Mission and the Marathon

no crates here, no cruiser mission; so quick question Atlanta mission - does it mean if you complete what ever it required, you get Atlanta + 6 pts capt? or just the ship?? 

Ceg5VE7.jpg

[WOLF6]
Members
769 posts
5,121 battles

I just looked at the mission for the ships and the mission reward is for the ship and a 3 point commander for the ship.  

(I don't know why a 3-point commander versus 6-point, maybe because I already own the ship in port?)  But the Monoghan the only ship I do not own is also just a 3-point commander as a reward.

[PVE]
Members
10,981 posts
20,832 battles
35 minutes ago, wtfovr said:

I bought a single 30 crate package:

Either I was very lucky or the mission drop for the ship is reasonable I think

In the 30 crates I got

• 60 Hydras
  • 120 Red Dragons
  • 60 Dragons
  • 240 Ouroboros
  • 120 Wyverns

All 5 ship mission drops (Monoghan, Sims, Atlanta, Cleveland, and Kidd)

32 of 48 collection items / 28 duplicates

In all I'm satisfied, I was really looking for the Monoghan and Cleveland mission drops (as I already own the other ships).   I was disappointed with the dragon flag drops - I was looking more for XP modifiers (Red Dragons, Dragons, and Hydras) than credit modifiers (Ouroboros) and i got more of the Ouroboros than I would have liked.

I can finish the rest of the collection by getting ingame American containers.

So if you don't own any of the American premium ships, I think the 30 crate package is a good deal.

Ouroboros are the Free XP boost flags. Wyvern boosts the credits.

[PVE]
Members
10,981 posts
20,832 battles
1 hour ago, SpudZero said:

You don't have enough flags. lol That mission is going to be a nitemare for co-op only play.

I guess the silver lining is, eventually... it can be completed. Good Luck! Admiral. o7

I should have enough right now actually. Had a bunch already and with what I got from the crates I am at 900-1000 of each. I already have done the math to get Halsey (see link below). Going to take around 450-500 games to get him so I am good on flags.

[PVE]
Members
10,981 posts
20,832 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

Thanks but I don't play PVP. Appreciate it though.

Members
344 posts
3,713 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Now, before anyone jumps on me calling me a "Whale"... "Wallet Warrior"..."P2W Player" etc... let me say there are 2 MAIN reason I bought some of the crates in the shop...

What they should say is thanks for helping me to play a free game. Would I buy the crates? If I had disposable income ABSOLUTLY!!!! I spend my game allotment on Premium time though (most value for me).  Thanks for helping the game out Thunder +1 !! :Smile_great:  Plus that Screen shot is pretty cool as well.

[WOLF6]
Members
769 posts
5,121 battles
15 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Ouroboros are the Free XP boost flags. Wyvern boosts the credits.

Welp that's what I get for posting before brewing the morning coffee..

Hmm... okay, more free XP for the Kronstadt then.

Members
25 posts
2,251 battles

Great job AdmiralThunder and thanks for posting the details. The rewards look awesome and worth the price. Don't give any criticism to your purchase a second thought. I spend a bunch on this game because I enjoy it. And at the end of the day, its our purchases that support the product and keep it moving forward. Happy hunting.

[5IN]
Supertester
2,106 posts
10,136 battles

Very nice OP!  I bought the 10x crate package and got a mission for Kidd (have it), Cleveland (who doesn't have it?) and Monaghan (wanted it for collection reasons), as well as a large volume of flags, etc..  I've not gone through all of the collection pieces I earned yet though.  There is a lot more text in these than some of the other collections, so I resolved to read them when I had more time than to just click through without doing so.

Good luck everyone!

B

Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

My first thought was, “My God, why would you spend $200 dollars for something you’re going to get for free,” but then I realize how much I’ve spent on guns and remember this is pretty inexpensive in comparison.

Edited by SavageTactical

[ARGSY]
Members
17,419 posts
12,084 battles
10 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

My first thought was, “My God, why would you spend $200 dollars for something you’re going to get for free,” but then I realize how much I’ve spent on guns and remember this is pretty inexpensive in comparison.

It's not just the guns either; it's what they fire. Depending on what you shoot and how much of it, a day at the range can easily be worth a premium ship.

WOWS is my lifeline for when weather, family commitments or on-call requirements won't let me shoot.

And don't get me started on cameras - especially film cameras, with their ongoing recording-medium costs.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[PVE]
Members
10,981 posts
20,832 battles
57 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

I spent the money as I stated mainly for the flags and then the other things were bonuses to round out value.