You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
wtfovr

Price of freedom containers isn’t free.

53 comments in this topic

[WOLF6]
Members
775 posts
5,132 battles

American freedom containers are going to cost you...

$90 for 50 Bismarck containers.

$90 for 50 Yamamoto containers.

$99.99 for 30 American Freedom containers.

Edited by wtfovr

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles

i think it's because the containers give you a chance to get not 1 but 3 or 4 PREMIUM SHIPS as mission unlocks,one of them not even released in the prem shop.

[PVE]
Members
11,275 posts
21,711 battles
1 minute ago, wtfovr said:

American freedom containers are going to cost you...

bismark containers.  50 for $90

yamamoto containers 50 for $90

american freedom containers 30 for $99.99

But these have a chance at ships and they come with 20 dragon series flags in addition to the camo when you complete it. Those others gave dragon series flags too (amount varied) and/or 1 time use camo (Hunter in Bis) but ultimately the end rewards were just perma camo's, flags, etc... No ships. Fewer crates for the $$$ but a higher possible reward. Plus they know with the Cruiser split everyone is hyped about US Cruisers and getting that Cleveland camo so...:Smile_glasses:

[WOLFG]
Beta Testers
4,294 posts

Before I reply to this, I just want to make sure my opinion is that I'm 100% against any kind of lootboxes.

As for my actual inspection on the contents for each kind of lootboxes you listed here:

It seems the Bismarck containers both come with less special flags than the American containers, but it's hard to determine whether that's value for money or not since we never had them for purchase and only added in as sweeteners to the deals. Bismarck Containers brings you 7 special flags (with a chance of getting 20), Yamamoto containers bring you 12 special flags (with a chance of you getting 24). If you're extremely lucky you might get more flags out of Yamamoto, but because of how shady lootbox practices are: we don't know the actual odds. American containers offer a guaranteed 20 flags, without shady chances of getting more or less of them.

Secondly, the American containers seem to give you a chance to get the following ships: Monaghan, Sims, Atlanta, Kidd and Cleveland. While this is random chance, this means getting all these missions are worth 26200 doubloons + 8,9 million credits if you don't have the ships. (Doubloon cost of all the Premium Ships + Cleveland credit cost). Again this is also a shady part of the deal, we are not told what are the chances of getting the special missions for the premium ships. They might be 1%, might be 20%, might be even 50%, but WG doesn't tell us, which I find kinda scummy.

Be the judge whether that's worth the increased price or not, but I personally think no lootbox should ever be encouraged in games, and it doesn't matter if they're F2P or not.

Edited by Woofship
  • Cool 6
  • Meh 1

[WOLF6]
Members
775 posts
5,132 battles

Forgot about chance for premium ships.

The french containers had drop chances for ships but they were tech tree ships.  I usually buy the containers for the dragon flags.  

So I was going to be buying the American containers anyway.

Edited by wtfovr

Members
402 posts
3,961 battles

That's because you get a guarantee of 20 of each of the signal flags, not a base of 7 signals or 7 Hunter camos (with a chance to get a container with 20 with the Bismarck), and not a base of 12 signals (with a chance of 24 in a container with the Yamamoto).

It's up to you to decide to purchase. Free market and all that. Cheers!

Edited by ARandomClaymore

Members
1,257 posts
7,142 battles
11 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

i think it's because the containers give you a chance to get not 1 but 3 or 4 PREMIUM SHIPS as mission unlocks,one of them not even released in the prem shop.

If you want the ships you'd be better off just buying them than dumping $100 on a bunch of crates simply for a chance to get a mission to earn the ships. 

The crates may be worth it for the signals and camos in which case any ships you might earn are a nice bonus but don't go chasing after the ships with lootboxes. Sims is in the shop now for $25. 

Edited by Rocketpacman

[-K-]
Members
8,033 posts
13,273 battles

Like the other collections, do we get a head start on anything by purchasing a container, or is everything already unlocked and ready to go?

[-BSK-]
Members
458 posts
17,571 battles

it all starts with the earned American crate, then you can begin collecting collectibles. For free............the grind begins

don't like the loot boxes? fine, do not purchase them.

Want a loot box? fine, buy one

It's your choice. Just don't get all bent out of shape over the choices others make

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
18,294 posts
12,750 battles
29 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

If you want the ships you'd be better off just buying them than dumping $100 on a bunch of crates simply for a chance to get a mission to earn the ships. 

This is true, but you know that some stupid people are going to let WG violate their wallets over and over for far more than the ships cost, and then come here to cry about it afterwards.

Disclosure: I don't mind spending money on ships and perma-camo, but I do not believe it is worth it to spend real money on expendables. Therefore I personally would not buy the crates simply for the flags.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[WOLF3]
Members
138 posts
12,299 battles

I bought the 30 containers and received all 5 ship quests.

We'll have to see if everyone is reporting similar results to guess at a drop rate.

Edited by JER1971
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,033 posts
13,273 battles
27 minutes ago, JER1971 said:

We'll have to see if everyone is reporting similar results to guess at a drop rate.

If we have any of the ships in port and complete the missions, do we get their value in doubloons or credits?

[WOLF3]
Members
138 posts
12,299 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

If we have any of the ships in port and complete the missions, do we get their value in doubloons or credits?

It seems that you would get credits.

image.thumb.png.fab416303293353266334b84f9549341.png

[-K-]
Members
8,033 posts
13,273 battles
5 minutes ago, JER1971 said:

It seems that you would get credits.

image.thumb.png.fab416303293353266334b84f9549341.png

Got it.  Thanks for the clarification.

[WOLF6]
Members
775 posts
5,132 battles

Paraphrasing from another thread,

In a 30 crate package, I got all 5 mission drops.  So if you don't own any of the premium ships, I would have to say that the 30 crate package is a good deal.

I was a little disappointed with the dragon flag drop as I was looking more for XP modifiers and credit modifiers and I got more credit modifers than XP.

[WOLF3]
Members
138 posts
12,299 battles
8 minutes ago, wtfovr said:

In a 30 crate package, I got all 5 mission drops.  So if you don't own any of the premium ships, I would have to say that the 30 crate package is a good deal.

I was a little disappointed with the dragon flag drop as I was looking more for XP modifiers and credit modifiers and I got more credit modifers than XP.

I read your post on the other thread.  I got 40 Wyvern, 60 RD, 140 Dragon, 140 O, and 220 Hydra flags and all 5 missions.  I need 12 more collection items with 24 dups.  It seems to be worth the cost.  I'll have to see how many credits I get after completing the missions since I have all of the ships except Monaghan.

[PVE]
Beta Testers
126 posts
9,972 battles
1 hour ago, JER1971 said:

42 minutes ago, wtfovr said:

I also got all five mission drops from the 30 crate package.  it would seem that the odds of doing so are fairly good. 

You can also complete the missions in scenarios as well as the other game modes.

[BS]
Members
1,967 posts
10,403 battles

You get credits instead of doubloons?! OMG, thats a terrible precedent. I guess they don't want whales to buy a lot of crates.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,230 posts
13,369 battles

I'm guessing that too many people bought those STEAM packs just for the doubloons for duplicate ships, and they changed their policy to go to credits instead.  For tech tree ships, sure.  But I think it was fair to give doubloons for ships you used doubloons to get.

On topic - I don't have $100 bucks for containers.  Hopefully the normal ones given out for missions have as good of a chance for drops.  Would really like an Atlanta but can't afford the divorce that would come with it at this time lol.

• Cool 1

[-BSK-]
Members
458 posts
17,571 battles

well, I think I broke WG. bought 5 crates..........Cleveland, Sims, Monaghan quests received