You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
The_banditoo

WG is selling Giulio Cesare again?

54 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
1,177 battles

This morning I was browsing through the wargaming news and I was looking at the premium shop in june news post and I noticed that Giulio Cesare was among the premiums coming In the next month. I thought that the cesare was in the same bag as Nikolai, gremy, and kutuzov. Here's the link tot he article.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/premiumshop-monthly-june/

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[A-I-M]
Members
2,533 posts
12,042 battles
14 minutes ago, The_banditoo said:

I thought that the cesare was in the same bag as Nikolai, gremy, and kutuzov.

No, people just think that. WG never said it was being removed permanently, like the Belfast and the Kutuzov. It got removed in a normal rotation with a bunch of others. People just concluded it wasn't coming back.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles

it's not an eldritch abomination  like nikolai and gremny but it's still a unidentified cosmic specimen,you get that category when you start to outscore tier6 and even some tier7 ships.

[BS]
Members
1,956 posts
10,149 battles

Eh, Cesare is good, but it isn't THAT good. I'd rather be top tier in a Kutuzov honestly. if the match is light on cruisers your damage is going to be lower, definitely. If it only had radar to hunt DD's :-P... It's kinda squishy from the sides as well.

But yeah, a well played Cesare can be a pain in the butt. Trying to think of a way to describe it. Lets say, on a scale from 1-10.. an average tier 5 BB is a "5"... A cesare would be a 7.5. Whereas, if you did the same thing for an average tier 7 cruiser being a 5, a Belfast would be a 9. A kutuzov would be an 8. It's just kinda shy of being outright OP, probably because it doesn't have fancy tools.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,699 posts

As an owner of Nikolai and Gremy I can tell you Ceasare is much better for her Tier than they are.

I’m at a loss as to why she is not banned.

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,048 posts
4,285 battles

Everything comes back. No exceptions

[WOLF3]
Members
24,731 posts
21,817 battles

You have to be blinded by tomato sauce to believe that the Mega Pasta Ninja that is Caesar isn't broken.

Here's the funny truth about Caesar.  If you described her armor and citadel protection as "mediocre" that would be overly generous to Caesar.  Her guns?  They're not that strong nor especially accurate.  Even her AA is garbage.  So why is she OP?  She has great speed, especially in Tier V where the words "Battleship" and "Fast" are like oil & water.  Her concealment is also at practically Cruiser Levels.  The combination of speed and near-Cruiser stealth lets Caesar get around and surprise, then smash people, turning them into spicy meatballs for later.  Then when the heat gets too much from the enemy attacks, she just simply goes dark, run away, and reposition for the next attack.  This is why Caesar can even succeed as a measly Tier V BB in a Tier VII match.  Because of her stealth and speed, she can still succeed while her Tier V peers like New York, Texas, etc. are getting run over, ripped apart, blown to pieces by higher tier ships.

If you haven't gotten Caesar and like to play mid and low tier Battleships, she is amazing.  Her server performances everywhere is stupidly good.  Even better, she was racking up a crazy amount of Battles for a Premium Ship, yet her performance numbers have remained ABSURDLY HIGH.  Typically when ships get lots more Battles played, the average goes down.  Not Caesar.

Siege-alesia-vercingetorix-jules-cesar.j

The fact this ship hasn't been pulled from the store for good while Konig Albert was for doing FAR LESS is hilarious.

Let me also add:  I love to insult Tier V & VI Battleships.  But Caesar is the one that puts the Fun & Performance back into Tier V BBs.  For what Caesar does, she is most importantly cheap.  She is only Tier V and not some super expensive Tier VIII Premium or 750k FreeXP Tier IX like Musashi, Kronshtadt.  Caesar is one of the smartest buys in this game.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 3

[MKF]
Members
548 posts
20,033 battles
1 hour ago, The_banditoo said:

This morning I was browsing through the wargaming news and I was looking at the premium shop in june news post and I noticed that Giulio Cesare was among the premiums coming In the next month. I thought that the cesare was in the same bag as Nikolai, gremy, and kutuzov. Here's the link tot he article.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/premiumshop-monthly-june/

Would grab it if you don't have it, darn fun ship to play

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles
42 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

exactly,she is not a ship for patricians,she is a ship fit for EMPERORS,augustus,individuals with ascended taste.

anyone that can't see she is fun and broken are blinded by absolute plebeianism,filled with barbarity,dressed like harlots.

6794248-roman-emperor-augustus.jpg?ver=6

you can worship your wild eagle,you can drink your shallow tea.

the REAL owners of this world are romans.

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Cool 1

Members
1,249 posts
7,142 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

As an owner of Nikolai and Gremy I can tell you Ceasare is much better for her Tier than they are.

She will be eventually. Remember how long it took WG to stop selling the Belfast and Kutuzov? 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,472 posts
13,826 battles
  1. Change EULA prohibiting criticism of WG
  2. Re-release Giulio Cesare, which is absolutely fine and balanced
  3. ....
  4. Profit?
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,278 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

LOL The Nikolai is like the terminator at tier 4. That Nikolai is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

The Ceasare is good but not like that.

• Funny 1

Members
1,243 posts
5,495 battles
1 minute ago, Belthorian said:

LOL The Nikolai is like the terminator at tier 4. That Nikolai is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

Agreed, I don't feel I am in a fair fight until I am being assaulted by (2) battleships when sailing my Nikolai.  It is like the Atlas Mech of the Tier 4 Mechwarrior landscape.

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,278 battles
1 minute ago, Psicopro said:

Agreed, I don't feel I am in a fair fight until I am being assaulted by (2) battleships when sailing my Nikolai.  It is like the Atlas Mech of the Tier 4 Mechwarrior landscape.

A friend of mine let me log onto his account and play his Nikolai. I waded in blood, slapping away any feeble attempts at resistance. What is funny though is I used to dog Nikolai's in my Koneg Albert all the time. I would just spam them with He and burn them to death. 

Members
1,243 posts
5,495 battles
1 minute ago, Belthorian said:

A friend of mine let me log onto his account and play his Nikolai. I waded in blood, slapping away any feeble attempts at resistance. What is funny though is I used to dog Nikolai's in my Koneg Albert all the time. I would just spam them with He and burn them to death. 

A Fire Prevention build and little superstructure makes HE spam not a big deal.  I die usually when I get careless and wade into impossible odds, or a stray clemson appears at close range that I didn't know about.

When battleships fire HE spam, I know this fight is going to be fun.  Cruisers usually have enough sense to run away.

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,278 battles
5 minutes ago, Psicopro said:

A Fire Prevention build and little superstructure makes HE spam not a big deal.  I die usually when I get careless and wade into impossible odds, or a stray clemson appears at close range that I didn't know about.

When battleships fire HE spam, I know this fight is going to be fun.  Cruisers usually have enough sense to run away.

lol when I see one on the other team, I tell my team that the moment he is spotted to gang up on it with HE, do not bother firing AP at it. Even with fire prevention with a couple of people helping we can overload the repair party and heal and get a Nikolai out of the game inside of three or four minutes once we start firing. If I have a CV on my side and there is a Nikolai or an Arkansas Beta on the other team. I tell the CV to worry about NOTHING else until those ships are eliminated. I am confident I can handle them alright in my Arkansas Beta but it will be a tough fight.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,699 posts
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

Hilarious. . . +1

. . . but Nikolai can (and sometimes will) be focus-fired into oblivion (by smart teams).

GC is fast enough and stealthy enough to evade focus-fire traps.

I prefer my Ark Beta to my Nikolai.

[WOLF3]
Members
1,940 posts
7,069 battles

I was debating on getting this ship the last time she was available and have been kicking myself ever since.

I can't wait to spend my hard earned cash on this lovely, lovely beauty.

cs

[BNKR]
Members
555 posts
3,573 battles

I'm terrible in it, but that's because I'm pretty terrible in BBs in general. :Smile_sad:

Speed is amazing for the tier and the guns will wreck anything you face. AA is poop and you don't wanna go broadside, as it's kinda squishy, but a concealment build is kinda hilarious -- you can 'neak up on folks pretty well. (They don't seem to appreciate it. :Smile_teethhappy:)

My complaint with it: SO. MANY. OVERPENS!! I had five (!) in one salvo last night from about 10km...against a broadside Colorado. Just...I mean...wut? :cap_fainting:

[-TKS-]
Members
816 posts
13,234 battles
3 hours ago, mofton said:
  1. Change EULA prohibiting criticism of WG
  2. Re-release Giulio Cesare, which is absolutely fine and balanced
  3. ....
  4. Profit?

yeap pretty much. at least the GC does have a squishy broadside . but a good player that angles well can hold a side of the map pretty long .

Members
1,215 posts
3,177 battles

WG gave me one of them as an inscentive to play again, and I played a couple co-ops in it. The armor seems bad, the guns are inaccurate and don't hit hard, but the mobility is great. I really don't see why people say it's op. I sold it because I find more use out of the credits. 

Members
3 posts
1,177 battles
1 hour ago, MajorEnglush said:

I'm terrible in it, but that's because I'm pretty terrible in BBs in general. :Smile_sad:

Speed is amazing for the tier and the guns will wreck anything you face. AA is poop and you don't wanna go broadside, as it's kinda squishy, but a concealment build is kinda hilarious -- you can 'neak up on folks pretty well. (They don't seem to appreciate it. :Smile_teethhappy:)

My complaint with it: SO. MANY. OVERPENS!! I had five (!) in one salvo last night from about 10km...against a broadside Colorado. Just...I mean...wut? :cap_fainting:

I mean that's seems to to be a reoccurring theme with italian bb's. Playing roma I am powerless against crusiers under 8 km because I just overpen everything

[BNKR]
Members
555 posts
3,573 battles
6 minutes ago, The_banditoo said:

I mean that's seems to to be a reoccurring theme with italian bb's. Playing roma I am powerless against crusiers under 8 km because I just overpen everything

Well, unlike the Roma, the Caesare tends to actually hit what it is aiming at. 

:Smile_teethhappy:

But yes -- that high velocity AP is frustrating at times.

• Cool 2