You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
fraggar

Free XP Use

40 comments in this topic

Members
14 posts
1,527 battles

Ok so I have accumulated 750 000 free exp. Should I get the Kronshtadt or should I get the Yamato?

[NDA]
Supertester
3,515 posts
7,420 battles

Depends on what you plan on doing in the future, if you are planning on grinding out russian captains or retraining them go kron. Or ya know just trying to make some cash. 

I have yamato and she is...mixed. Sometimes i feel like a beast citadeling people at any angle and secondary guns blazing as I bounce shots from those puny 16 inch guns. 

Sometimes I feel like I can't get anything done because everyone and their mother is trying to set me on fire or torpedo me or bomb me...being thebiggest has its downsides. 

I commonly have the 'damn, ANOTHER fire' thought as I play her, though I can dish out as good as I can take. 

I can't speak of my personal experience in the kron NDA and all that, but she's also got some mixed reviews from her captains in chat, mostly about her wonky guns. 

So in the end you just gotta look and the pros and cons of each and go for it, personally I'd pick yamato. 

• Cool 2

[AAA]
Members
509 posts
9,024 battles

Don't buy those high tier ships please. It would be the same experience as with other high tier premiums you are playing. Your team keeps accusing you and you would only be frustrated. Work your way up the lines and gain some experience before you play high tiers. 

If you still want to buy, get the Kronsh as you do better in cruisers. 

Community Department
3,292 posts
1,296 battles
41 minutes ago, fraggar said:

Ok so I have accumulated 750 000 free exp. Should I get the Kronshtadt or should I get the Yamato?

I've played almost every ship (if tests included) from Yamato branch. You'll lose very exciting experience and numerous epic moments while playing them if you get Yamato at once. 
Also look at what you need while choosing. Do you have alternatives? 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
898 posts
14,840 battles

I recommend you any premium ship depends on you like /Musashi or Kronstadt/.

In long turn /premium account bonuses, flags etc ..you will get Yamato or any tech tree line done/. 

But sometimes if a fine has high tier premium /t8+/ in your case t9 for free to have fun without grinding with always silver profit.

This why i never spend free XP on upgrades and save it for later /ok sometimes when few K missing and it lazy to play rest of game i use it/. THere is no OP ship you can have the fun game with any ship in the tech tree and horrible game either so there is no point focusing on an exact ship with exact configuration.

[CUTER]
Members
832 posts
24,906 battles
58 minutes ago, fraggar said:

Do you have Nelson yet?

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
3,314 posts
13,663 battles

Depends.

-If you don't know how Yamato should be played and want to have a kind of test, you can pick Musashi. It will give you a rough idea what is Yamato. If you like, then you can grind the line, if you don't, well you still have a T9 premium allowing you to farm some money and free XP for another ship

-If you really want a Yamato, I guess you can spend all your free XP in the IJN branch though it would be a waste to skip some gems like Kongou and Nagato.

-If you like CA with big guns, I guess you can spend it on Kronstad.

I'm surprised you managed to have 750 free XP 1.4k battle 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,227 posts
18,423 battles
1 hour ago, fraggar said:

Kron; Yamato will be here forever.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
17,465 posts
12,122 battles
40 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

I'm surprised you managed to have 750 free XP 1.4k battle 

It requires earning an average of 535 Free XP per battle. I am not sure this is possible on the basis of a tech tree grind beginning at Tier 1.

[RKLES]
Members
11,761 posts
13,339 battles

Nelson or Musashi are good choices as well. The new Russian CA is a little new to judge if it’s good yet.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,515 posts
7,420 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Nelson or Musashi are good choices as well. The new Russian CA is a little new to judge if it’s good yet.

Can't speak on Musashi but nelson is both fun and a good cash printer. 

[WORST]
Members
149 posts
13,674 battles

seeing that you never played above t8, I suggest get the Nelson (and earn the free Azure Lane captain if you are into this sort of stuff). Use the remaining FXP to ease the grind of stock ships (e.g Izumo). 

• Cool 1

Members
14 posts
1,527 battles
2 hours ago, sansfaille said:

Don't buy those high tier ships please. It would be the same experience as with other high tier premiums you are playing. Your team keeps accusing you and you would only be frustrated. Work your way up the lines and gain some experience before you play high tiers. 

If you still want to buy, get the Kronsh as you do better in cruisers. 

Get of your high horse kiddo. How do you know the team keeps accusing me of being bad and that I will only be frustrated? This game isn't nearly as complicated as you make it out to be.

• Boring 1

Members
14 posts
1,527 battles

1 hour ago, turbo07 said:

I've played almost every ship (if tests included) from Yamato branch. You'll lose very exciting experience and numerous epic moments while playing them if you get Yamato at once. 
Also look at what you need while choosing. Do you have alternatives? 

Zao Hinden 

Members
14 posts
1,527 battles
2 hours ago, Sinboto said:

Depends on what you plan on doing in the future, if you are planning on grinding out russian captains or retraining them go kron. Or ya know just trying to make some cash. 

I have yamato and she is...mixed. Sometimes i feel like a beast citadeling people at any angle and secondary guns blazing as I bounce shots from those puny 16 inch guns. 

Sometimes I feel like I can't get anything done because everyone and their mother is trying to set me on fire or torpedo me or bomb me...being thebiggest has its downsides. 

I commonly have the 'damn, ANOTHER fire' thought as I play her, though I can dish out as good as I can take. 

I can't speak of my personal experience in the kron NDA and all that, but she's also got some mixed reviews from her captains in chat, mostly about her wonky guns. 

So in the end you just gotta look and the pros and cons of each and go for it, personally I'd pick yamato. 

Thanks mate. I guess a better question would be, do u find Yamato fun and are the guns consistent?

[NDA]
Supertester
3,515 posts
7,420 battles
8 minutes ago, fraggar said:

Thanks mate. I guess a better question would be, do u find Yamato fun and are the guns consistent?

Yamato's guns? They are one of the most accurate guns in the game actually. 

I do find her fun, mind you she was my second tier ten ship so I do have a bit of a bias for her. 

I'd go look up some videos of some matches for both ships, then pick the one you like better. 

Members
14 posts
1,527 battles
1 minute ago, Sinboto said:

Yamato's guns? They are one of the most accurate guns in the game actually. 

I do find her fun, mind you she was my second tier ten ship so I do have a bit of a bias for her. 

I'd go look up some videos of some matches for both ships, then pick the one you like better. 

How about other cruisers like zao and hinden? Krons guns are wonky and her armour isn't actually that good. Im beginning to have doubts about her. So I guess its zao hinden or yamato

[VW]
Members
3,797 posts
18,423 battles
55 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It requires earning an average of 535 Free XP per battle. I am not sure this is possible on the basis of a tech tree grind beginning at Tier 1.

cash/dubs.

Community Department
3,292 posts
1,296 battles
3 minutes ago, fraggar said:

Zao Hinden 

I've found Zao more universal. It can be equiped in both long and shot distance upgrades. In long you'll need more stirring, shot needs concealment. Battles are always tense. This branch I liked much from Aoba. You don't really need to change the tactics either. Hinden I've used to play only from distance. I don't have many battles on it unlike Zao.

[WORST]
Members
149 posts
13,674 battles

they are all solid ships. zao is a fire-spewing monster, hindy the best all around cruiser and yamato has the best guns in the game. 

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,515 posts
7,420 battles
7 minutes ago, fraggar said:

How about other cruisers like zao and hinden? Krons guns are wonky and her armour isn't actually that good. Im beginning to have doubts about her. So I guess its zao hinden or yamato

Zao was my first T10, she's stealthy with a good setup, she's actually a really good ship. She has deceptively good armor and her guns are both accurate and hard hitting. She also has a good fire chance. She does have powerful torpedos, but they are located in the back end of the ship, best used in an ambush or a chase. 

Hindy is one I've not had a chance to try much so I'll leave that answer to others, but she has fantastic armor, hydro, and AP. People sometimes joke that she's actually a battlecruiser. 

• Cool 1

Members
14 posts
1,527 battles
3 minutes ago, _Kaiser_Sose_ said:

they are all solid ships. zao is a fire-spewing monster, hindy the best all around cruiser and yamato has the best guns in the game. 

Whats the most fun and does the highest consistent damage

Edited by fraggar