Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

Broke my damage record in a cruiser today.

4 comments in this topic

Members
2,201 posts
5,008 battles

Up till today, my damage record in a cruiser has been 133k in the Aoba, and that was back in 2016. Today, I unexpectedly broke my damage record after 2 years, and it's meaningful to me because around 30k of my previous damage record was torping an AFK Kongo. I played a match in the Tier 7 New Orleans on New Dawn, burned down some battleships, and ended up with 142k damage, High Caliber, and a Confederate. Also got to munch on some tasty cruiser citadels. It was a win, but a very hard fought win because most of my team was either derping away or being cowards. I feel proud of this match (though 142k damage isn't that much to many of you), and I was also able to get Confederate+HC in another match where I got 98k damage on Shards with 3 kills. Unfortunately I only got one kill with the 142k damage because many players on my team were waiting to do kill shots as I whittled the enemies down.

I'm currently at 49 matches in the New Orleans, averaging over 2.1 K/D and 57,000 in damage, and I certainly expect these numbers to go down by a bit. As of now, according to WoWS Numbers I'm at a patheitc 1100 PR in the NO, but it's clear that my performance so far is significantly above the numerical averages for a Tier 7 cruiser. I wonder why I have such a low PR, because if it were the old Pensacola with these numbers my PR would be over 2000 for sure. 

Most of the teams I've been on have been utterly pathetic. I'm often forced into the role of a strategist (though I'm also honing my strategic play) because most of these players (where did they come from?) have absolutely no idea what they're doing. I'm still not at the level where I can regularly, or at least somewhat frequently, carry these total failures to victory. Even if I manage to do alright in a loss and rack up decent damage numbers / kills, I still can't turn things around because a lot of times my teams just MELT. I've also seen the same among many enemy teams, and it's not fun either because the best matches are where both teams try to push into each other. Even if it's the enemy team that constantly runs away or just melts super fast, I'm not happy. I've been seeing a growing number of BB players who are AFK, or just sail near the map border for the entire game and ignore requests to get into the fight. Usually they are th last or among the last ones alive, but they do absolutely nothing. I've also been seeing lots of divisions, and many of them are..... cancer.

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu
  • Cool 2

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,952 posts
12,068 battles

Once you get your hands on a DM or a hindy you'll be breaking 200k easily in no time

Members
2,201 posts
5,008 battles

What's with me clearly performing above average in a Tier 7 cruiser, but my PR is disgustingly low? That's very strange.

Yeah I have the Baltimore in port so guess I'll grind her to the Des Moines. Now, if only I could get used to high tier gameplay.

I'm also looking forward to Helena on the CL line. I've been learning to use cover more, but I often overdo it because I get "stuck" when my team abandons me or collapses around me.

Sign in to follow this