Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

Kronstadht is awesome.

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,069
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,699 posts

I think I had 6 or 7 straight wins without a loss.

It's a Tier 9 Graf Spee that has better guns but no torps.  If you enjoy Graf Spee you'll love this ship.  If not. . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
441
[KRAB]
Members
887 posts
7,326 battles

They are free bags of damage for anything I drive with 25mm plating or better, since they either shoot AP and bounce or shoot HE and badly lose the DPM war. They seem to be good at punishing potatoes in CA/CL, although to be fair most people in them are probably not very good at driving a CA/BB hybrid. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,069
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,699 posts
4 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

They are free bags of damage for anything I drive with 25mm plating or better, since they either shoot AP and bounce or shoot HE and badly lose the DPM war. They seem to be good at punishing potatoes in CA/CL, although to be fair most people in them are probably not very good at driving a CA/BB hybrid. 

It's a support cruiser.  If you're getting hit, you're doing it wrong.

I was having no problem penetrating even Montanas.  Against cruisers, it was a citadel factory.  3 in one salvo one time.  Penetration on this ship's AP is fine.  There are only limited circumstances where its even worth switching to HE.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
441
[KRAB]
Members
887 posts
7,326 battles
Just now, TheDreadnought said:

It's a support cruiser.  If you're getting hit, you're doing it wrong.

It is terrible at avoiding fire and has low shell arcs (messing up island cover usage) - I would not want one playing the role of a Roon or Ibuki.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,069
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,699 posts
Just now, MaxL_1023 said:

It is terrible at avoiding fire and has low shell arcs (messing up island cover usage) - I would not want one playing the role of a Roon or Ibuki.

It's definitely not an island camper.  If that's how you play cruisers, stay away.

With the maneuverability upgrade combined with staying at range, it's tough to hit (and damage).  Most people give up after a useless salvo or 3.  Just make sure there's an easier target nearby and you'll be fine.

Of course, if all you ever do as a cruiser is sit in smoke or behind an island, then you'll be useless with this ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
441
[KRAB]
Members
887 posts
7,326 battles
Just now, TheDreadnought said:

It's definitely not an island camper.  If that's how you play cruisers, stay away.

With the maneuverability upgrade combined with staying at range, it's tough to hit (and damage).  Most people give up after a useless salvo or 3.  Just make sure there's an easier target nearby and you'll be fine.

Of course, if all you ever do as a cruiser is sit in smoke or behind an island, then you'll be useless with this ship.

Sounds like you are playing it like a St. Louis or Donskoi then - I don't think that style is best for the ship. Anyone else have any thoughts? I am too poor to buy one (lol). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,627
[O-PN]
[O-PN]
Members
9,111 posts
10,491 battles

I played it twice, both wins, 6 ships sunk, survived both rounds easily. Double cit'd an angled Moskva and sank it, cit'd a stern angled Balty and sank it(3 cruisers total sunk), absolutely wrecked DDs(2 total sunk, 3 others regretted their life choices), and the AP does good, consistent damage to BB's(Sank 1, and made a Tirp wish it was anywhere but where I could shoot it). It turned better than I expected, and actually has higher shell arcs than I expected, I was firing over islands when I didn't think I would. It's AA, as long as you have AFT which I do because I'm using my Moskva/OR captain, is serviceable when using DF, you won't clean the air, but you'll avoid taking damage unless the CV just wants you dead. It's HE is much like Scharns, with a slightly better rate of fire, and its accuracy was better than I expected.

 

The one thing you have to avoid is being dead bow on to the reds, you'll lose that 71k HP quickly. Angled just right, she tanks a lot of damage, more than I expected. Even better she makes many monies.

 

LWM rates Kron a gudbote, after playing her, I rate her overpowered. In the hands of decent cruiser players, she's a nightmare to deal with.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,627
[O-PN]
[O-PN]
Members
9,111 posts
10,491 battles
3 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

I guess there must be a shortage of decent cruiser players then. 

It isn't easy to play cruisers well.They're squishy, most are shorter ranged than the things that want to make a quick snack out of them, and DD's keep them spotted. I find them extremely fun to play, and do well in them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
402 posts
3,961 battles
7 hours ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

 

LWM rates Kron a gudbote, after playing her, I rate her overpowered. In the hands of decent cruiser players, she's a nightmare to deal with.

Did I miss her write up/ review? No luck when searching for it. Link? Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,809
[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,014 posts
7,682 battles
1 hour ago, ARandomClaymore said:

Did I miss her write up/ review? No luck when searching for it. Link? Cheers!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
426
[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,638 battles

They're pretty squishy if they don't play smart.  Ran into one yesterday that thought 1v1 against Izumo was a good idea.  That thin nose armor was tasty.  Too bad to, the guy played a great game up to that point, got a little too eager i guess.

Edited by Hatework

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24
[WOLF2]
Members
119 posts
13,043 battles
11 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

It's a support cruiser.  If you're getting hit, you're doing it wrong.

I was having no problem penetrating even Montanas.  Against cruisers, it was a citadel factory.  3 in one salvo one time.  Penetration on this ship's AP is fine.  There are only limited circumstances where its even worth switching to HE.

So much this.....

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
174
[AAA]
Members
509 posts
9,024 battles
24 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Too strong?

 

 

Even Flambass told that it was good with the improved dispersion in his second review of the ship and recommended it if it retained the dispersion. But no one has come up with a review or info about the ship stats after it was released. Not sure if the CCs have the info about the dispersion stats to compare or are allowed to disclose it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×