High_as_F_CK

War gaming ruined US Cruisers (AGAIN)

53 comments in this topic

Members
57 posts
20,085 battles

The recent change to US cruisers IMHO has ruined US cruisers if that could even be possible. The Pensacola had two things going for it, its guns and it could turn and if you were experienced you could exploit these and have fun.  Now it has neither.  What good are good guns if they take a light year to turn around? (Yes I use the upgrades and commander skills) So you cannot out turn incoming volleys and you can’t hit anything because you can’t keep your guns on target unless u make yourself a big target that says DEV strike here everyone . New Orleans just seems weak, common War gaming you just buffed the Hipper rate of fire and she has torpedoes, armor and the Prince has a heal, and the New Orleans has neither yet its ok to have a 13 sec reload when the hipper couldn’t perform with all those equalizers the US cruisers don’t have. The Baltimore has less range than the New Orleans lol just stupid and unrealistic.  The range is laughable and we won’t even mention the detectability issues in such ships.  These ships should have not been touched at all just moved down a tier. But no war gaming Russian bias is on display yet again. If it was a Russian ship “cough paper” it would have crazy unrealistic stats, ships that goes 38 knots fire to 24k and have laser guns. Oh and maybe smoke and 12 k radar. And if you disagree fine and if you disagree I don’t care. Everyone can have an opinion and this is mine. This bias against the US just makes me want to stop playing and go play something else

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,073 posts
17,102 battles

Ignoring the rest of the incoherent rant ... You know a lightyear is a measure of distance, right?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,686 posts
14,353 battles
14 minutes ago, HellSpeak said:

take a light year to turn around

10 minutes ago, Lert said:

lightyear is a measure of distance

quote and un quote  ™

Stars other than our sun are so far distant that astronomers speak of their distances not in terms of kilometers or miles – but in light-years. Light is the fastest-moving stuff in the universe. If we simply express light-years as miles and kilometers, we end up with impossibly huge numbers. But the 20th century astronomer Robert Burnham Jr. – author of Burnham’s Celestial Handbook – devised an ingenious way to portray the distance of one light-year and ultimately of expressing the distance scale of the universe, in understandable terms.

He did this by relating the light-year to the Astronomical Unit – the Earth-sun distance.

One Astronomical Unit, or AU, equals about 93 million miles (150 million km).

Another way of looking at it: the Astronomical Unit is a bit more than 8 light-minutes in distance.

Robert Burnham noticed that, quite by coincidence, the number of astronomical units in one light-year and the number of inches in one mile are virtually the same.

For general reference, there are 63,000 astronomical units in one light-year, and 63,000 inches (160,000 cm) in one mile (1.6 km).

This wonderful coincidence enables us to bring the light-year down to Earth. If we scale the astronomical unit – the Earth-sun distance – at one inch, then the light-year on this scale represents one mile (1.6 km).

The closest star to Earth, other than the sun, is Alpha Centauri at some 4.4 light-years away. Scaling the Earth-sun distance at one inch places this star at 4.4 miles (7 km) distant

Light is the fastest-moving stuff in the universe. It travels at an incredible 186,000 miles (300,000 km) per second.

That’s very fast. If you could travel at the speed of light, you would be able to circle the Earth’s equator about 7.5 times in just one second!

A light-second is the distance light travels in one second, or 7.5 times the distance around Earth’s equator. A light-year is the distance light travels in one year.

How far is that? Multiply the number of seconds in one year by the number of miles or kilometers that light travels in one second, and there you have it: one light-year. It’s about 5.88 trillion miles (9.5 trillion km).

Therefore, what OP claimed is un truth

Edit: 12km radar - in game is 11.7km, so that another personal bias un trouthz claimed by OP

Edited by ObiwankzKenobi
  • Boring 1

[WOLF8]
Members
83 posts
22,803 battles

Thank you for your comments, I too feel frustrated. I was looking forward to having ships drop down one tier. I thought it would help out the ships as when you are up tier its hard t help your team. I had fun in all of my VI-IX ships. Now it feels more like a pinata and I can not strike back like I did a few days ago. I can see why others hate the US Cruises, as you can not sit back and long range snip. show a little to much side and your dead. I enjoyed them to the point that last year I decided to keep each one of the ships and get them to 19 points. I have and now I feel like I just want to uninstall the game.

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

Good stuff.  How long do I have to live if the sun blows up?  I have heard bout 7-8 min. That is not enough time to get my affairs in order. But would there not be a period of slow freezing death after the heat of the sun stopped?  I mean would you live for awhile?  Ya know?  I got 12 hours (currently) of kerosene for my back-up heater.  Is this enough to get my stuff straight? :Smile_amazed:

Edited by dmckay

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,798 posts
13,589 battles

I do think a buff to turret speed is needed, having to sail in a straight line to use your guns is beyond stupid - pre-buff Furutaka all over again, but otherwise she feels fine.

Members
858 posts
1,810 battles
15 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Good stuff.  How long do I have to live if the sun blows up?  I have heard bout 7-8 min. That is not enough time to get my affairs in order. But would there not be a period of slow freezing death after the heat of the sun stopped?  I mean would you live for awhile?  Ya know?  I got 12 hours (currently) of kerosene for my back-up heater.  Is this enough to get my stuff straight? :Smile_amazed:

The problem is, yellow dwarfs like Sol tend to swell up when they're running out of fuel.  SO it won't just go cold, it'll stay hot but swell up to engulf Mercury and maybe even Venus.  Here on Earth we'll have probably a few days of "Hmm, isn't the sun a lot bigger than yesterday?" followed by days of watching the atmosphere boil off until there's nothing left but cinders.  I'm just glad I won't be around to see it. ;)

[BLHK]
Members
558 posts
11 minutes ago, Battleship_Dunkerque said:

The problem is, yellow dwarfs like Sol tend to swell up when they're running out of fuel.  SO it won't just go cold, it'll stay hot but swell up to engulf Mercury and maybe even Venus.  Here on Earth we'll have probably a few days of "Hmm, isn't the sun a lot bigger than yesterday?" followed by days of watching the atmosphere boil off until there's nothing left but cinders.  I'm just glad I won't be around to see it. ;)

It is worse than that. All forms of terrestrial life as we know it will be extinct in the next 20 - 30 millions. The Sun is slowly warming up as more and more helium ash accumulates around the core.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,526 posts
18,770 battles

Actually you missed the point.

Heavy AP shells.

Ignoring the tiraid, you have valid points.

However, when I worked within the ships capabilities, I actually did better than pre patch.

Pensacola is tanker at tier 6.

New Orleans is comfortable at tier 7.

Baltimore is strong tier 8.

The new tier 9 is very good.

Once you use modules and captain skills to adjust the ships, they play good.

Are they easy mode? No. Are they OP? No.

They have a distinct style, and no matter how hard you try putting that square peg into a round hole, they won' do it.

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,021 posts
7,903 battles
1 hour ago, HellSpeak said:

New Orleans just seems weak, common War gaming you just buffed the Hipper rate of fire and she has torpedoes, armor and the Prince has a heal, and the New Orleans has neither yet its ok to have a 13 sec reload when the hipper couldn’t perform with all those equalizers the US cruisers don’t have.

It‘s almost as if the New Orleans is at a lower Tier than the Hipper...

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,227 posts
18,423 battles
42 minutes ago, dmckay said:

would there not be a period of slow freezing death after the heat of the sun stopped?

No, there would be a short period of intense heat and destruction as the solar material, traveling at near light-speed and following the light of the flash, impacted the atmosphere, igniting it and searing the planet clean. No need to go to Burlington for a really warm winter coat, just to CVS for some 3,000,000,000 SPF grade sunscreen.

I mean, you'd have 8 minutes or so.

[O-PN]
Members
9,110 posts
10,456 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Ignoring the rest of the incoherent rant ... You know a lightyear is a measure of distance, right?

I started ignoring right after I started reading. I'm honestly very tired of all the "mememememememe i liked it THIS way and you changed it and i refuse to adapt so youre wrong to have done it WG" rants.

The only ship in the line that was "negatively" affected was NO, and let's be perfectly honest, it wasn't much good to begin with.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,073 posts
17,102 battles
Just now, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

The only ship in the line that was "negatively" affected was NO, and let's be perfectly honest, it wasn't much good to begin with.

Arguably she's a better T7 bote now than she ever was a T8 bote. Arguably. But that still doesn't make her 'good'.

[RKLES]
Members
11,746 posts
13,308 battles
8 minutes ago, Umikami said:

No, there would be a short period of intense heat and destruction as the solar material, traveling at near light-speed and following the light of the flash, impacted the atmosphere, igniting it and searing the planet clean. No need to go to Burlington for a really warm winter coat, just to CVS for some 3,000,000,000 SPF grade sunscreen.

I mean, you'd have 8 minutes or so.

So you are saying I build a house with exterior made out of ceramic heat shielding? Lol jk

I know I am safe and secure and that there will be a new earth for me when this earth is gone.

[O-PN]
Members
9,110 posts
10,456 battles
8 minutes ago, Lert said:

Arguably she's a better T7 bote now than she ever was a T8 bote. Arguably. But that still doesn't make her 'good'.

Im just ready to troll bots in OPS with Pens. :Smile_trollface:

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles
37 minutes ago, MG1962 said:

It is worse than that. All forms of terrestrial life as we know it will be extinct in the next 20 - 30 millions. The Sun is slowly warming up as more and more helium ash accumulates around the core.

Not quite. The current estimates are that Earth will lose most of the surface water in another billion years or so and after that surface will not be any good for life, except maybe some cavern and pockets, where bacteria and simple single-cellular organisms would survive for a bit longer.

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

You know a lightyear is a measure of distance, right?

Not defending probably misinformed statement in OP, but you could say "it takes light-years to turn around" when referring to turn radius. :cap_book:

[INTEL]
Members
12,097 posts
33,587 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

You should have seen how fast he made the Kessel run....

[BLHK]
Members
558 posts
4 minutes ago, geser98 said:

Not quite. The current estimates are that Earth will lose most of the surface water in another billion years or so and after that surface will not be any good for life, except maybe some cavern and pockets, where bacteria and simple single-cellular organisms would survive for a bit longer.

I am talking about a different effect. Terrestrial life today is designed to live with a certain level of radiation. That radiation is going to increase as the Sun warms up. Life will evolve and adapt to these new conditions. The situation you are talking about is when it is basically game over man lol

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,073 posts
17,102 battles
3 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

You should have seen how fast he made the Kessel run....

Funny thing that, I believe Han tried that obvious bullcrap line on Obi-Wan and Luke to see how much of a sucker they were. Luke bought it hook line and sinker, but if you watch Obi-Wan's face carefully you can see his expression change to something akin to "What's this bullcrap he's peddling", he obviously sees right through the bovine excrement but knows they need a ride so doesn't say anything.

• Cool 1

Members
57 posts
20,085 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

it was metaphorical but i guess that went past you.

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles
6 minutes ago, MG1962 said:

I am talking about a different effect. Terrestrial life today is designed to live with a certain level of radiation. That radiation is going to increase as the Sun warms up. Life will evolve and adapt to these new conditions. The situation you are talking about is when it is basically game over man lol

Life is also known to evolve to adapt to new conditions quite well. And it won't take 20-30 million years for radiation output to change so drastically. 

Members
57 posts
20,085 battles
35 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I started ignoring right after I started reading. I'm honestly very tired of all the "mememememememe i liked it THIS way and you changed it and i refuse to adapt so youre wrong to have done it WG" rants.

everyone has an opinion and since i have numerous games in these ships that's mine. the rest i could care less what you think or say and I am ignoring you lol

• Cool 1