Sign in to follow this  
kakirk2519

Random Firing

7 comments in this topic

Members
13 posts
10,998 battles

I'm having a problem with my ships firing when any key is touched. I can be making a turn, a speed change, activating a consumable; it doesn't matter. if there is a gun up, it fires. But it's not every game, nor is it all the time during a game where it does occur. I first started seeing it after the 0.7.4 update, and the new update also does it. I've seen it occur to other players as well. Any suggestions on avoiding it?

[MEIST]
Members
1,398 posts
5,576 battles

A couple patches ago I had that but instead it would spam "fair seas" chat key. In the beginning of every match I would let everyone know that so they didn't think I was some annoying troll. It just stop doing that after a while. Support couldn't help me with it. Sorry I can't help but it maybe the same bug and just go away like it did with me.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,227 posts
18,423 battles
1 hour ago, galspanic said:

Do you happen to play on a lap top?

Why do you ask? (as I do play on a laptop)

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
Just now, Umikami said:

Why do you ask? (as I do play on a laptop)

Because if your hand accidentally taps the mouse pad it’ll fire.  It used to happen to me all the time.  Make sure it’s turned off.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,227 posts
18,423 battles
2 minutes ago, galspanic said:

Because if your hand accidentally taps the mouse pad it’ll fire.  It used to happen to me all the time.  Make sure it’s turned off.

Thank you

Members
13 posts
10,998 battles

I'm using a laptop. but I have a wireless mouse for it. However, looking at the way my left hand sits on the wasd keys, that might account for it. I'll have to look next time out. i have seen my cat trigger it that way when she steps on the pad.

Edited by kakirk2519
added text

Sign in to follow this